PDA

View Full Version : I usually go mental about everything. Though my Pelanty for driving in the bus lane

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 10:18 AM
I strangely felt quite proud off as it was my first one :shrug:

£65 (£130 if paid after 14 days) mother ****ers :furious:

It's my fault though. Stuck in traffic for ages the end of the bus lane leads to the left where I wanted to go so rather than sit for hours I thought let me just drive 10 metres down the bus lane and get to my exit.

Burney
05-17-2016, 10:20 AM

£65 mother ****ers :furious:

It's my fault though. Stuck in traffic for ages the end of the bus lane leads to the left where I wanted to go so rather than sit for hours I thought let me just drive 10 metres down the bus lane and get to my exit.

The only thing I've ever been fined for is getting stuck in a box junction. That always seems a bit unfair, though, as there's bound to be a degree of guesswork involved, and you can never be sure that some **** isn't going to cut in from another lane and leave you stranded there.

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 10:23 AM
:nod: I am always a bit wary of that.
Because they say don't enter if you exit is clear.

But if I am turning right I can't just sit back waiting otherwise the other drivers will kick the **** out of me. my exit maybe clear but it's not guaranteed I will get to it!

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 10:27 AM
Hmm I have solved my own problem here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_070535.jpg

barrybueno
05-17-2016, 11:27 AM
I got done for that once about 10 years ago, one ****ing wheel on the white line. ****ing thieving ****s.

Of course we didn't have goal line technology back then :angry:

Monty92
05-17-2016, 11:45 AM

£65 (£130 if paid after 14 days) mother ****ers :furious:

I'm on 9 points now. Got a letter in the post last week about driving 60mph on a motorway with speed restrictions. I can't believe they actually do people for that. Temporary motorway restrictions can easily be missed.

The Jorge
05-17-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm on 9 points now. Got a letter in the post last week about driving 60mph on a motorway with speed restrictions. I can't believe they actually do people for that. Temporary motorway restrictions can easily be missed.

How's the incident with the albanian clown car going?

Monty92
05-17-2016, 11:51 AM
How's the incident with the albanian clown car going?

He acknowledged responsibility when my personal injury chaps got in touch with his insurer. Been offered 2 grand to scrap my car which I'm gonna take.

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 11:52 AM

I am gonna start calming down a bit.

I am a bit concerned i was going 85 with a 50 speed restriction, I did slow down.

Burney
05-17-2016, 11:52 AM

I didn't realise they ever actually enforced temporary restrictions. I've always assumed they're just for show.

Mind you, I'm not sure how you can 'miss' the narrowed lanes, cones and massive ****ing yellow speed cameras, tbh. :hehe:

The Jorge
05-17-2016, 11:53 AM
He acknowledged responsibility when my personal injury chaps got in touch with his insurer. Been offered 2 grand to scrap my car which I'm gonna take.

Is the motor ****ed or is it something you can potentially come out on top of with some carefully planned repairs and a cat c write off?

Monty92
05-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Is the motor ****ed or is it something you can potentially come out on top of with some carefully planned repairs and a cat c write off?

It's a Cat D write-off. Could keep it but only with third-party insurance. We're gonna use the sorry saga as an excuse to get a bigger car.

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 11:56 AM
Does your missus drive?

You might end up banned at this rate.

Monty92
05-17-2016, 11:57 AM
I didn't realise they ever actually enforced temporary restrictions. I've always assumed they're just for show.

Mind you, I'm not sure how you can 'miss' the narrowed lanes, cones and massive ****ing yellow speed cameras, tbh. :hehe:

I have often seen reduced speeds on motorways identified only by (not massively conspicuous) signs on the edge of the road. I don't believe there were any narrowed lane or cones or speed cameras where I was caught.

The Jorge
05-17-2016, 11:57 AM
It's a Cat D write-off. Could keep it but only with third-party insurance. We're gonna use the sorry saga as an excuse to get a bigger car.

I knew you couldnt resist the lure of a Volvo estate

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 11:58 AM
I have often seen reduced speeds on motorways identified only by (not massively conspicuous) signs on the edge of the road. I don't believe there were any narrowed lane or cones or speed cameras where I was caught.

You must be driving on some old school motorways.
all the wons I go on got big electronic signs everywhere.

Monty92
05-17-2016, 11:58 AM
Does your missus drive?

You might end up banned at this rate.

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to convince a court not to take my licence, if it came down to it. My 9 points are for an administrative error which the judge at the time acknowledged I didn't deserve punishment for and for driving 60 on a ****ing motorway!!!

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty sure I'd be able to convince a court not to take my licence, if it came down to it. My 9 points are for an administrative error which the judge at the time acknowledged I didn't deserve punishment for and for driving 60 on a ****ing motorway!!!

Was that the address thing?

Burney
05-17-2016, 11:59 AM
I knew you couldnt resist the lure of a Volvo estate

Here he is sealing the deal imo.

Monty92
05-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Here he is sealing the deal imo.

I am officially triggered. Awimb needs an anti-semitism czar, imo.

Pat Vegas
05-17-2016, 12:04 PM

sadly it seems acceptable these days.
Like making fun of Chinamen.

The Jorge
05-17-2016, 12:05 PM

Ken Livingstone is at a loose end

Burney
05-17-2016, 12:05 PM

As I recall, most of the Czars were anti-semitism Czars, weren't they? Loved a pogrom those lads did.

Anyway, this is just friendly banter and you therefore can't take offence. That's a law.