PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of fannies. What are the armed forces coming to when you can't even

Burney
05-16-2016, 03:37 PM
have a perfectly normal initiation ceremony without some pansy going off whining about how he's ****ing traumatised.

****ing disgrace. :furious:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/16/three-marines-sentenced-to-detention-initiation-ceremony

Pat Vegas
05-16-2016, 03:44 PM
I want to know when these initiations are created. what are they thinking?

Sir C
05-16-2016, 03:49 PM
have a perfectly normal initiation ceremony without some pansy going off whining about how he's ****ing traumatised.

****ing disgrace. :furious:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/16/three-marines-sentenced-to-detention-initiation-ceremony

This 'man' was supposed to be a Royal Marine, for God's sake. It's rank cowardice, that's what it is.

Burney
05-16-2016, 03:51 PM
I want to know when these initiations are created. what are they thinking?

They're just all a bit pissed and they want to make things as uncomfortable for the initiate as possible. :shrug: No big deal. I was talking to a former Merchant Navy chap the other day who, the first time he crossed the line (the equator) had his head half-shaved, was hung upside down stark ******* naked from the taffrail at the stern of the ship for a couple of hours, then rolled in all the oil and **** in the ship's bilges and finally dipped in a barrel of red lead and then left - still tied up - to his own devices while everyone else got pissed.

All good fun. He said he wouldn't change a thing.The crucial thing is that it's happened to all the people who are doing it to you, so it's all fair and there's nothing personal about it.

Burney
05-16-2016, 03:52 PM
This 'man' was supposed to be a Royal Marine, for God's sake. It's rank cowardice, that's what it is.

Exactly. If a man can't drink a bit of piss and take a bit of waterboarding, how's he supposed to charge a machine gun nest, ffs?

Ash
05-16-2016, 03:58 PM
Exactly. If a man can't drink a bit of piss and take a bit of waterboarding, how's he supposed to charge a machine gun nest, ffs?

I think I would rather charge a machine gun nest than drink piss.

Burney
05-16-2016, 03:59 PM

Nah. It's fine once you get past the first mouthful.

Sir C
05-16-2016, 04:00 PM

Being a soldier isn't about what you'd rather, though; it's about doing what you're told, without repitition, hesitation or deviation.