PDA

View Full Version : Summer clear out options

7sisters
05-16-2016, 10:49 AM
Gone: Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Walcott, Gibbs, Ox

Bench Fodder: Debuchy, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Ramsey, Elneny, Chambers.

Should go but probably won't: Gabriel.

Should stay but may go: Sanchez.

Wenger seems to be targeting 3 to come in.

Thoughts ?

Sir C
05-16-2016, 10:51 AM

Thoughts ?

Why not just sell all of them and start from scratch? Maybe we could buy that great bunch of lads from up the road who've had such a magnificent season.

The Jorge

Thoughts ?

Bit harsh on Mertesacker & Elneny imo

Mo Britain less Europe
I don't think it's clear that anyone beyond the midfield three is going yet. But Walcott and Gibbs could indeed go. And I'm not expecting Debuchy back. I think Chambers will stay and may have his chance. Wouldn't be surprised if Campbell left.

Anyone else leaving needs to be replaced.

Billy Goat Sverige

Thoughts ?

Think we'll sign more than three players. I think he'll sign a midfielder, striker, and centre back but you'll also have things like replacing Ospina who'll probably want to leave, and a new young left back to replace Gibbs.

I think Walcott will probably end up being sold but we won't replace him. Ramsey and Wilshere will play a lot on the right and Iwobi will take Walcott's place in the squad (has already tbh).

7sisters
05-16-2016, 10:54 AM
Bit harsh on Mertesacker & Elneny imo

Not overly impressed by Elneny so far. Does he give us anything Le Coq doesn't have other than squad depth and a liking for Row Z.
We're desperate for a more accomplished CB and I just felt Mert didn't have age on his side

Rich
05-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Not overly impressed by Elneny so far. Does he give us anything Le Coq doesn't have other than squad depth and a liking for Row Z.
We're desperate for a more accomplished CB and I just felt Mert didn't have age on his side

More dynamic that Coq, I think. Nice hair too.

Still, with Ramsey (may play on the right), Wilshere, Coq, Eleneny, Xhaka, Cazorla I'm thinking we may have too many CMs.

7sisters
05-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Why not just sell all of them and start from scratch? Maybe we could buy that great bunch of lads from up the road who've had such a magnificent season.

You'd keep em all and have us tread water for another season, presumably ?

Sir C
05-16-2016, 10:59 AM
You'd keep em all and have us tread water for another season, presumably ?

Certainly I would. I lack your ambition, commitment and pwide in the shirt, apparently.

The Jorge
05-16-2016, 11:01 AM

I'm sure I wont be the first to recommend you checking out the panopoly of new hobbies available. Mo has been my highlight of the season, and he offers a lot more than Coq.

7sisters
05-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Certainly I would. I lack your ambition, commitment and pwide in the shirt, apparently.

Pwide in the shirt, so to speak is largely what's won Lester the title this season... They had it in abundance, ours came and went in it's customary fashion.

Burney
05-16-2016, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=7sisters;4111673]Pwide in the shirt, so to speak is largely what's won Lester the title this season.../QUOTE]

Well, yes...that and all the drugs.

The Jorge
05-16-2016, 11:09 AM
Pwide in the shirt, so to speak is largely what's won Lester the title this season... They had it in abundance, ours came and went in it's customary fashion.

:hehe: You, sir, are taking the piss, surely.

7sisters
05-16-2016, 11:14 AM
:hehe: You, sir, are taking the piss, surely.

You think all the pundits across the broad church of media outlets, both journo and ex pro's alike are all wrong in their assessment of our weaknesses ?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-16-2016, 11:45 AM
If Sanchez goes, Walcott will stay imo.

Ash
05-16-2016, 12:02 PM
You think all the pundits across the broad church of media outlets, both journo and ex pro's alike are all wrong in their assessment of our weaknesses ?

The thing about broad churches of pundits is that they generally all say the same thing and many fans then parrot this thinking that it is their own opinion. Groupthink.

7sisters
05-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Fine but in this situation it'd be pretty arrogant to assume the higher ground amongst such company. Them representing a diverse but none the less professional landscape and us lot essentially being opinionated armchair pundits..