PDA

View Full Version : It really was the most remarkable conclusion to a pulsating contest, wasn't it?

Sir C
05-16-2016, 09:30 AM
I mean, for so long, it looked like Australia had it in the bag; then, at the last moment, in stormed Ukraine to snatch victory.

A stunning finale.

Burney
05-16-2016, 09:34 AM
I mean, for so long, it looked like Australia had it in the bag; then, at the last moment, in stormed Ukraine to snatch victory.

A stunning finale.

Australia winning would have been absolutely terrible. Ukraine winning and thereby upsetting the Russians was much better.

Russia do actually seem to give a **** as well. :hehe: Bless 'em.

Sir C
05-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Australia winning would have been absolutely terrible. Ukraine winning and thereby upsetting the Russians was much better.

I liked that Spanisher. The way her dress bounced when she danced.

My word, but I was pissed.

Pat Vegas
05-16-2016, 09:42 AM
I am a bit confused to what happened. I was watching most of it when Australia took a big lead I got bored and put it on mute and started messing with the computer.

A little while later I look up and Ukraine have won :shrug:

The Jorge
05-16-2016, 09:42 AM

The Russian won was bloody excellent though, the way he climbed up the backdrop and flew through space.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-16-2016, 09:43 AM

A stunning finale.

I have a feeling it's quickly going to become "Worldvision" or something. I imagine the US and other countries will get involved within the next few years.

Pat Vegas
05-16-2016, 09:44 AM
I have a feeling it's quickly going to become "Worldvision" or something. I imagine the US and other countries will get involved within the next few years.

:nod: I can see they are trying to push it to the states. showing it for the first time and having Justin Timberlake there.

Sir C
05-16-2016, 09:45 AM

I fear you're right.

You must have been very proud of your man Mons. I am a little bit (quite a lot) in love with him tbh.

I assume he's a big star there?

The Jorge
05-16-2016, 09:47 AM
:nod: I can see they are trying to push it to the states. showing it for the first time and having Justin Timberlake there.

I thought JT retired :-(

Pat Vegas
05-16-2016, 09:47 AM
My favourite was the Nederlands.

Even if it was a bit cheesy.

Burney
05-16-2016, 09:48 AM
The Russian won was bloody excellent though, the way he climbed up the backdrop and flew through space.

Meh! **** 'em. He was essentially ripping off the Swedish bloke from last year with his cartoon boy.

Pat Vegas
I thought JT retired :-(

Might as well do. he's well boring.

Burney

The fella who did the country song? :hehe: That was pretty funny.

The Jorge
05-16-2016, 09:50 AM

No, just no. That lad needed a good shoeing

Burney
05-16-2016, 09:50 AM
I liked that Spanisher. The way her dress bounced when she danced.

My word, but I was pissed.

Yes. I looked through the texts. At one point you were very, very rude about the Chinese Australian lady. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
05-16-2016, 09:51 AM
No, just no. That lad needed a good shoeing

I am a secret country fan.

Sir C
05-16-2016, 09:52 AM

That was easily my favourite too. He even had a Tennessee accent going on.

Someone gave it douze points. Then it all went wrong.

Sir C
05-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Yes. I looked through the texts. At one point you were very, very rude about the Chinese Australian lady. :hehe:

She didn't have a kind face, did she?

The Jorge
05-16-2016, 09:53 AM
I am a secret country fan.

You know me, I dont mind a Gram or two, but that Billy Ray Shyrush business is out of order

Burney
05-16-2016, 09:53 AM
Might as well do. he's well boring.

At one point, I believe I suggested his performance looked like that of a man who'd once had a Luther Vandross concert described to him.

Sir C
05-16-2016, 09:54 AM
At one point, I believe I suggested his performance looked like that of a man who'd once had a Luther Vandross concert described to him.

:clap: That may have been quote of the night.

Burney
05-16-2016, 09:55 AM
She didn't have a kind face, did she?

You and my wife claimed to see her fanny, though. So there was that.

Burney
05-16-2016, 09:58 AM
:clap: That may have been quote of the night.

I liked your response to the Croatian entry: "No wonder the Serbs hate them" :hehe:

Also, your description of the UK entry as sounding 'like a laxative advert' deserves a mention.

Pat Vegas
05-16-2016, 10:01 AM
What country was it who had the over enthusiastic bloke? Giving it all he had.

He was all George Michaeled up.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-16-2016, 10:08 AM
I fear you're right.

You must have been very proud of your man Mons. I am a little bit (quite a lot) in love with him tbh.

I assume he's a big star there?

He's quite famous. Although before winning the eurovision i'd say he was more known for winning the Swedish version of strictly come dancing rather than his singing. He's more a TV personality than a regular chart topper. I apologise that you had to watch a few minutes of that Lynda Woodruff ****. Not very good with humour the Swedes :-|

Sir C
05-16-2016, 10:12 AM
He's quite famous. Although before winning the eurovision i'd say he was more known for winning the Swedish version of strictly come dancing rather than his singing. He's more a TV personality than a regular chart topper. I apologise that you had to watch a few minutes of that Lynda Woodruff ****. Not very good with humour the Swedes :-|

It was fine. Mons and hi9s bird had me positively glowing with love for the Schwedes, to be honest.

I assumed that Woodruff bird was coked off her tits. What kind of Schwede is called Lynda Woodruff, anyway?

Burney
05-16-2016, 10:13 AM

Normally not, but their parody of Eurovision song tropes was very, very good and genuinely funny.

Mind you, I did start to wonder half way through that woman's speech whether this was actually meant to be funny or was serious. It wasn't so much that it wasn't funny as that it didn't even seem to contain even the most basic elements of humour.