PDA

View Full Version : Putting the hilarity aside for one moment. I do sometimes wonder if having a local

Burney
05-16-2016, 08:14 AM
rival as incompetent as Spurs lets us off the hook a bit.

I mean no matter how badly we appear to cock things up, they just always seem to manage to do something that takes the heat off us and makes us look better. Maybe it's not good for us?

Sir C
05-16-2016, 08:19 AM
rival as incompetent as Spurs lets us off the hook a bit.

I mean no matter how badly we appear to cock things up, they just always seem to manage to do something that takes the heat off us and makes us look better. Maybe it's not good for us?

As a club? I honestly don't think it makes any difference. For most of the last 21 years, they've been so far behind us that I doubt they've been of any relevance to Arsene at all; his rivalry is with United, Chelsea and City.

It may, however, work the other way round. Constantly looking up at us may have something to do with Lewis' frequent managerial changes - a demand for instant success from a man too impatient and desperate to wait any longer. Perhaps.

Burney
05-16-2016, 08:25 AM
As a club? I honestly don't think it makes any difference. For most of the last 21 years, they've been so far behind us that I doubt they've been of any relevance to Arsene at all; his rivalry is with United, Chelsea and City.

It may, however, work the other way round. Constantly looking up at us may have something to do with Lewis' frequent managerial changes - a demand for instant success from a man too impatient and desperate to wait any longer. Perhaps.

Yeah, I suppose it's just that Spurs being useless always allows our seasons to end on an upswing when maybe we should be more disappointed than pleased.

7sisters
05-16-2016, 08:27 AM

His brief to build a 61k stadium wreaks of little man syndrome. He's become manically tormented. :hehe:

Mo Britain less Europe
05-16-2016, 08:31 AM
I was surprised to hear of Chelsea celebrating spuds losing second place. I would have thought they'd hate us even more?

PSRB
05-16-2016, 09:00 AM
I was surprised to hear of Chelsea celebrating spuds losing second place. I would have thought they'd hate us even more?

They're just desperate to have a proper rivalry and at the end of the day, spurs are a far more dislikable club

SWv2
05-16-2016, 09:10 AM
It has allowed what has been an ultimately unsatisfactory season to be glossed over with a light coating of joy and humour.

Once the dust has settled we should however realise that our season is not defined by where we finish with respect to them.

Burney
05-16-2016, 09:15 AM
They're just desperate to have a proper rivalry and at the end of the day, spurs are a far more dislikable club

I do wonder about that, actually. I know we despise Spurs, but neutrals don't seem to mind them too much.

The Jorge
05-16-2016, 09:17 AM
I do wonder about that, actually. I know we despise Spurs, but neutrals don't seem to mind them too much.

Yes but actual football fans do seem to hate them. Who gives a **** about neutrals anyway? The mostly just like spurs because they play in the england kit.

Burney
05-16-2016, 09:21 AM
Yes but actual football fans do seem to hate them. Who gives a **** about neutrals anyway? The mostly just like spurs because they play in the england kit.

West Ham and Chelsea hate them, it's true, but I think for clubs outside London they're more of a laughing stock than a team people hate, aren't they?

The Jorge
05-16-2016, 09:33 AM
West Ham and Chelsea hate them, it's true, but I think for clubs outside London they're more of a laughing stock than a team people hate, aren't they?

Oh no, there's genuine disdain for the ****s in the provinces too.

Pat Vegas
05-16-2016, 09:50 AM

I went to a Chelsea game many years ago. Pre Ambrovich era. and in the pub before the game I was pleased to see they have a very strong hatred for Tottenham.

West ham also. I did like their chant I've heard at a few games 'We hate Tottenham more than you'