PDA

View Full Version : The boy Giroud done good today

Mo Britain less Europe
05-15-2016, 04:14 PM
shame I brought Alexis into the fantasy team instead.

7sisters
05-15-2016, 04:26 PM
shame I brought Alexis into the fantasy team instead.

He may not be to everyone's taste but he knows how to score goals.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-15-2016, 04:27 PM
If he could have played for the last 3 months as he has in the last 3 games, we might have come closer to LCFC.

We heroically have St Totts Day on the last day of the season, we come ahead of ManU, Man C, Chelsea, LFC etc too. But our fans still hate AW. Insane.

Hopefully the Welbeck situation, coupled with Feo and Ox being seen for what they are will force AW's hand and get him to buy us a world class CF and RW as well as a MF.

3 top drawer signings in those positions and who knows.

Just Trent
05-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Catching the eye of Deschamps ahead of the Euro's? He's such a frustrating player to have. Total litter when we really need him. A total star in games like today. He's not the guy to take the team up another level. He's had a good go at it (four seasons). It's time to try to upgrade and move on.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-15-2016, 04:59 PM
I would love it if we got a versatile, top goalscorer. But it would be absurd to get rid of a goal who regularly scores 20+ goals a season. He is what he is and what he isn't is a fast centre-forward who will outpace a defence on the counter. But give him service in the air and he delivers.

Snin
05-15-2016, 05:54 PM
yes hes sometimes good against **** **** teams but hes an average to **** striker..and a cnut

7sisters
05-15-2016, 06:01 PM
If he could have played for the last 3 months as he has in the last 3 games, we might have come closer to LCFC.

We heroically have St Totts Day on the last day of the season, we come ahead of ManU, Man C, Chelsea, LFC etc too. But our fans still hate AW. Insane.

Hopefully the Welbeck situation, coupled with Feo and Ox being seen for what they are will force AW's hand and get him to buy us a world class CF and RW as well as a MF.

3 top drawer signings in those positions and who knows.

I'm not sure anyone actually hates him. They just want him out now. Sorry to draw some perspective on such a fine day but you do realise that we finished with 75 points last season, despite finishing third ?
I don't think we can say progress has actually been made here. We're largely in this position thanks to our rivals making a bigger pigs arse of the season than we have but we should perhaps feel aggrieved more than most that we failed to capitalise upon the opportunity.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-15-2016, 07:00 PM
I don't think we've progressed in most areas but I don't buy the argument that it's proved by the fact we got fewer points than last year. You can easily argue then that we have progressed because we've ended higher up the league.

If the other teams have lost more points than us it means it has been a more competitive league than usual this season and if we've finished 2nd it's because that was what we deserved. Not to win it ahead of Leicester but to be ahead of all the others.

If Giroud, in the elegant language of one poster, ****s off then all t means is we've got to buy two strikers instead of one. It won't happen but if it did I doubt the second striker we bought would be better than Giroud.

7sisters
05-15-2016, 08:19 PM
I don't think we've progressed in most areas but I don't buy the argument that it's proved by the fact we got fewer points than last year. You can easily argue then that we have progressed because we've ended higher up the league.

If the other teams have lost more points than us it means it has been a more competitive league than usual this season and if we've finished 2nd it's because that was what we deserved. Not to win it ahead of Leicester but to be ahead of all the others.

If Giroud, in the elegant language of one poster, ****s off then all t means is we've got to buy two strikers instead of one. It won't happen but if it did I doubt the second striker we bought would be better than Giroud.

Although perhaps on balance, I'm more inclined to lean towards the familiar defensive errors than those of our capacity to attack and put teams under pressure.
We still need a proper CB and support for HB and NM. The jury's still also very much out on Le Coq and Elneny, (the £5M stop gap), as being the answer to our elusive midfield enforcer.