PDA

View Full Version : They put stuff like this on American job adverts :hehe:

Pat Vegas
05-13-2016, 11:21 AM
can't say it makes it sound appealing.

Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.

•Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
•Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.

I know it's all legal stuff but at the same time you don't have to give notice in your job you just leave. it's very strange.

Burney
05-13-2016, 11:23 AM
can't say it makes it sound appealing.

Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.

•Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
•Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.

I know it's all legal stuff but at the same time you don't have to give notice in your job you just leave. it's very strange.

It's proper freedom of labour is all :shrug:

Mind you, this place sounds like they may have taken things a bit far. :-\

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/12/poultry-workers-wear-diapers-work-bathroom-breaks

Pat Vegas
05-13-2016, 11:26 AM
I wonder if anybody really gets any hassle if you **** off your notice period to work a new job over here.

Unless of course it's some sort of senior position then it's a bit different.

in some old contracts I had it said if you worked more than 3 years you had to add 1 week's extra notice on top of the 4 weeks every year worked. *******s to that imo.

Burney
05-13-2016, 11:30 AM
I wonder if anybody really gets any hassle if you **** off your notice period to work a new job over here.

Unless of course it's some sort of senior position then it's a bit different.

in some old contracts I had it said if you worked more than 3 years you had to add 1 week's extra notice on top of the 4 weeks every year worked. *******s to that imo.

I've never once had to work a three-month notice period. The reason is that you know and they know they couldn't enforce it in a million years and all anyone is trying to do is leave on good terms and not leave anyone in the ****.