PDA

View Full Version : To The Garrick for the opening night of Sir Ken's Romeo and Juliet.

Sir C
05-12-2016, 11:49 AM
I'll tell you what Clive, if it's set on a Peckham council estate in 1989 I'll be ****ing livid.

I once saw A Midsummer Night's Dream set on some roadworks on the M1. I left at the interval.

What I want, right, is breeches and flouncy sleeves.

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 11:50 AM
I'll tell you what Clive, if it's set on a Peckham council estate in 1989 I'll be ****ing livid.

I once saw A Midsummer Night's Dream set on some roadworks on the M1. I left at the interval.

Cant you just nip round for a Weekend at Berni's if you want that?

Sir C
05-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Cant you just nip round for a Weekend at Berni's if you want that?

I bow to no man in my appreciation of b's prose stylings, j. But he's not the Bard.

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 11:54 AM

Hope it is better than Ben Elton's new comedy on Shakespeare

I say comedy...

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 11:56 AM
I bow to no man in my appreciation of b's prose stylings, j. But he's not the Bard.

I was on about the breeches and flouncy sleeves. And drinking cider on a roundabout knocks Billy Shakes' ouvre into a cocked hat, surely

Sir C
05-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Hope it is better than Ben Elton's new comedy on Shakespeare

I say comedy...

Yes, I gave that the wholehearted swerve when I saw that little **** Mitchell was involved. Is it as bad as one would imagine?

Burney
05-12-2016, 11:57 AM

Isn't Ken a bit long in the tooth for Romeo?

Sir C
05-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Isn't Ken a bit long in the tooth for Romeo?

I believe he's just directing, but I suppose one never knows with these lovey types.

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Yes, I gave that the wholehearted swerve when I saw that little **** Mitchell was involved. Is it as bad as one would imagine?

I actually fell asleep watching it - I tried my best, but when it became apparent the Will Kempe character was actually supposed to be doing a David Brent impression I rather lost the Will* to live

*sorry - I know that is Bard

Sir C
05-12-2016, 12:00 PM
I was on about the breeches and flouncy sleeves. And drinking cider on a roundabout knocks Billy Shakes' ouvre into a cocked hat, surely

Roundabouts are for micturation, pavements for drinking cider.

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 12:01 PM

Jealously, pure and simple. Gets his mits all over the positively rubensesque VCM, the swine.

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Roundabouts are for micturation, pavements for drinking cider.

*******s, I thought that cider tasted bad. Even by cider standards

Burney
05-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Jealously, pure and simple. Gets his mits all over the positively rubensesque VCM, the swine.

He's the classic man attractive women settle for after they've had their fill of decent cock and wish to relax into a life of steady, largely sexless domesticity.