PDA

View Full Version : Not sure I can remember a last day of the season that's had less riding on it

Burney
05-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Winners and relegation places all sorted. Just some minor jostling over CL and Europa places and that's basically it :shrug: :yawn:

Sir C
05-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Winners and relegation places all sorted. Just some minor jostling over CL and Europa places and that's basically it :shrug: :yawn:

When Newcastle take the lead we'll get momentarily excited. Then Spurs will concede 5.

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 11:30 AM

Yeah, it's dead as a dodo. Mind you, real and barca are duking it out on the last day of the season over in spain. Tasty.

Monty92
05-12-2016, 11:32 AM
When Newcastle take the lead we'll get momentarily excited. Then Spurs will score 5.

The funny thing is, I think their title collapse has taken the edge off finishing above us, for both us and them. I don't even think they'll really bother crowing about it.

Which is pretty much the nicest, most painless way we could have hoped for our period of dominance to have come to an end.

Burney
05-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Yeah, it's dead as a dodo. Mind you, real and barca are duking it out on the last day of the season over in spain. Tasty.

But I don't give a **** either way, as I have no preference who wins. Arrogant, drugged-up Catalans versus arrogant, drugged-up Madrilenos - :shrug:

Burney
05-12-2016, 11:38 AM
The funny thing is, I think their title collapse has taken the edge off finishing above us, for both us and them. I don't even think they'll really bother crowing about it.

Which is pretty much the nicest, most painless way we could have hoped for our period of dominance to have come to an end.

I must admit, I was quite surprised in the Chelsea game how upset Spurs' players were. It seems they did actually believe they could/would win it, which was worryingly un-Spurs-like of them. That said, their upset did give their failure a bit more savour.

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 11:44 AM

Barcelona's last four games: Won 4 For 21 A 0

Probably not that interesting

Pat Vegas
05-12-2016, 11:45 AM
:nod: I am completely bored. but bored in general, just waiting for my trip in a few weeks.

Sir C
05-12-2016, 11:45 AM

Yes, and the difference between 2nd and 3rd, with a 3 point margin, is hardly 'Mind The Gap' stuff, is it?

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Barcelona's last four games: Won 4 For 21 A 0

Probably not that interesting

Mind you, it's pretty fun watching their forward line eviscerate another bunch of hapless shmos.

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Mind you, it's pretty fun watching their forward line eviscerate another bunch of hapless shmos.

:( Not when is is our bunch of hapless shmos

Pokster
05-12-2016, 12:01 PM

You could hardly call it a collapse

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 12:04 PM
You could hardly call it a collapse

Really? They've won 4 of their last 10 games - when we are on such a run you are among the first to put the boot in

Pat Vegas
05-12-2016, 12:10 PM
I was also thinking although Leicester won't care how they won the league.
It would have been nicer to have won it during a game to celebrate.

LA you are the man with the expertise. In recent times has the league winners be crowned by the outcome of a different game they are not involved in?

Pokster
05-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Really? They've won 4 of their last 10 games - when we are on such a run you are among the first to put the boot in

Couple of points, please show where I am among the first to put the boot in.

And rather selective with matches aren't you... they have 19 points from the last 10 matches when they could have won the title, only 1 loss in that time and 5 wins... so averaging more points per game than their season average.

lies, damn lies and statistics

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Couple of points, please show where I am among the first to put the boot in.

And rather selective with matches aren't you... they have 19 points from the last 10 matches when they could have won the title, only 1 loss in that time and 5 wins... so averaging more points per game than their season average.

lies, damn lies and statistics

Firstly you are always moaning, you are a northerner. Secondly, best not call me selective with matches and then be even more selective - mine is an accurate representation of their form, yours is a distortion.

Four wins in 10 games is a very poor run of form for a team chasing the title, collapse may be hyperbolic but it is hardly wildly inaccurate

Pokster
05-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Firstly you are always moaning, you are a northerner. Secondly, best not call me selective with matches and then be even more selective - mine is an accurate representation of their form, yours is a distortion.

Four wins in 10 games is a very poor run of form for a team chasing the title, collapse may be hyperbolic but it is hardly wildly inaccurate

Their title collpase ended before the loss on Sunday so I am not being selective :tongueout:. You German's can't call us northerners moaners

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Their title collpase ended before the loss on Sunday so I am not being selective :tongueout:. You German's can't call us northerners moaners

No, we don't like to kick people when they are down. Nip in and invade when they are not looking maybe..

PSRB
05-12-2016, 12:51 PM
I must admit, I was quite surprised in the Chelsea game how upset Spurs' players were. It seems they did actually believe they could/would win it, which was worryingly un-Spurs-like of them. That said, their upset did give their failure a bit more savour.

I take solace in the fact Liverpool came 2nd a couple of seasons back

Ash
05-12-2016, 01:07 PM

It isn't, though. It's like watching Competitive Dad thrash his little kid 9-0 in the garden.

Burney
05-16-2016, 08:26 AM
when newcastle take the lead we'll get momentarily excited. Then spurs will concede 5.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mc Gooner
05-16-2016, 12:22 PM
It isn't, though. It's like watching Competitive Dad thrash his little kid 9-0 in the garden.
Can I be the umpteenth to say "I f*cking hate Nandrelona"