PDA

View Full Version : I still can't get over the fact that Lamela and Walker weren't suspended for their

Monty92
05-12-2016, 09:58 AM
indiscretions against Chelsea.

I don't think I'll ever stop being angry about that. It's beyond comprehension.

Ash
05-12-2016, 10:46 AM
They got away with it? Unbelievables.

They somehow ended up with 11 men at the end against Chelsea after literally kicking them up in the air for much of the game. We ended up with 9.

Burney
05-12-2016, 11:08 AM

Just to clarify something: you don't actually mean you're angry about it, do you? Not really angry, like one of those inadequate, rage-filled freaks on Arsenal Fan TV?

Pat Vegas
05-12-2016, 11:13 AM

It didn't anger me in the slightest.
As in I haven't even seen it. and even then it probably wouldn't anger me.

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 11:13 AM

Is the Walker one, the pathetic soft little kick at Pedro? If so get another hobby

Pat Vegas
05-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Some Awimbers are trying too hard lately.

Monty, Floyd.

The rest of awimb to be fair are hardly trying.

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Just to clarify something: you don't actually mean you're angry about it, do you? Not really angry, like one of those inadequate, rage-filled freaks on Arsenal Fan TV?

ISSADISGWACE!!!

http://arsenalfantv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Screen-shot-2014-05-06-at-08.13.28.png

Burney
05-12-2016, 11:25 AM
ISSADISGWACE!!!

http://arsenalfantv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Screen-shot-2014-05-06-at-08.13.28.png

Yes, well as Monty has admitted before, he's quite close to being one of these people. He used to travel to away games with them. On :shudder: coaches. :-(

Monty92
05-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Yes, well as Monty has admitted before, he's quite close to being one of these people. He used to travel to away games with them. On :shudder: coaches. :-(

When I was an inadequate virgin, FFS!

Ash
05-12-2016, 11:28 AM
Is the Walker one, the pathetic soft little kick at Pedro? If so get another hobby

This one on Pedro deserved the yellow it got.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x48a5au

Then grabbing Azpilicueta by the neck is a yellow also, surely.

Monty92
05-12-2016, 11:29 AM

So a hard kick would have been a sending off? Presumably a soft slap round the face would also be ok?

Burney
05-12-2016, 11:30 AM
When I was an inadequate virgin, FFS!

Even so, m. The hyperbolic outrage of your original post tells me that you have an inner Claude trying to burst out.

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Even so, m. The hyperbolic outrage of your original post tells me that you have an inner Claude trying to burst out.

Are you struggling with replies, dear boy?

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Of course but retrospective punishment can only be for straight red card offences - second bookings can't be dolled out willy-nilly

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Of course but retrospective punishment can only be for straight red card offences - second bookings can't be dolled out willy-nilly

oops - that was for Ash

Monty92
05-12-2016, 11:35 AM

There's an argument the kick was a straight red. Why should players be allowed to kick out?

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 11:37 AM
So a hard kick would have been a sending off? Presumably a soft slap round the face would also be ok?

Well I don't think there would be a case for an appeal if there was a red shown at the time but retrospective action is generally reserved for things that are actually worthy of proper punishment. The offence has to be violent conduct, the things you describe are petulant. You are still very much in the get another hobby arena, I'm afraid

Ash
05-12-2016, 12:01 PM

Dier on Cesc was a straight red.
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/05/03/video-compilation-of-eric-diers-brutal-tackles-v-chelsea-will-soothe-pain-of-tottenham-fans/
Dembele red for the eye gouge. Lamela. Possibly Mason, Hazard and Terry as well.

Pokster
05-12-2016, 12:04 PM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/05/03/video-compilation-of-eric-diers-brutal-tackles-v-chelsea-will-soothe-pain-of-tottenham-fans/
Dembele red for the eye gouge. Lamela. Possibly Mason, Hazard and Terry as well.

But it wasn't a straight red as the ref saw it and didn't do anything... so the FA can't do anything

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Jesus - I hadn't seen that. Clattenburg is ****ing clueless - thank god he hasn't be rewarded for that performance with two of the biggesr games in the footballing calendar

Ash
05-12-2016, 12:13 PM
But it wasn't a straight red as the ref saw it and didn't do anything... so the FA can't do anything

Gabriel had his red rescinded after the ref had seen it.

Ash
05-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Jesus - I hadn't seen that. Clattenburg is ****ing clueless - thank god he hasn't be rewarded for that performance with two of the biggesr games in the footballing calendar

A few Real and Atletico players will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect.

Pokster
05-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Gabriel had his red rescinded after the ref had seen it.

They can ask the ref to review the red and change his mind, but as far as I'm aware, not the other way round....... Dier should have had 2 bookings (at least) but i don't think any of them were straight reds

Ash
05-12-2016, 12:17 PM
They can ask the ref to review the red and change his mind, but as far as I'm aware, not the other way round....... Dier should have had 2 bookings (at least) but i don't think any of them were straight reds

You don't think that two footed lunge on Cesc was a red?

Pokster
05-12-2016, 12:20 PM
You don't think that two footed lunge on Cesc was a red?

perhaps, but then so was Flamini at Bournemouth.. and didn't Gabriel do one in a recent game??? So you can say perhaps Dier was lucky, then so were we.

Ash
05-12-2016, 12:45 PM
perhaps, but then so was Flamini at Bournemouth.. and didn't Gabriel do one in a recent game??? So you can say perhaps Dier was lucky, then so were we.

Whataboutery.

You are, I suspect deliberately, missing the context here. A ref lost the game completely with players steaming in with constant, dangerous red and yellow card offenses and getting away with it.

PSRB
05-12-2016, 12:46 PM

Still have no idea how Dier stayed on the pitch

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Still have no idea how Dier stayed on the pitch

I think the only answer is that the ref plain forgot it happened and only remembered when it was too late

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 12:51 PM
As I said good job it wasn't a high-profile ref :madridbloodbath: :pepeandramosdelighted:

The Jorge
05-12-2016, 12:53 PM
As I said good job it wasn't a high-profile ref :madridbloodbath: :pepeandramosdelighted:

:hehe: Interesting smiley formatting on :pepeandramosdelighted:

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2016, 01:03 PM
:hehe: Interesting smiley formatting on :pepeandramosdelighted:

Almost accurate