PDA

View Full Version : €50 million for another midfielder. Wenger must have finally flipped His lid.

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Doesn't He realise by now that these people practically grow on trees.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-11-2016, 10:18 AM
I wonder whether he knows more about the future of Ozil and/or Alexis than he's letting on and if this isn't a replacement.

It sounds like a hell of a lot of money for an addition.

IUFG
05-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Haven't we already agreed we have to defenestrate about 5 of our midfielders - including our lego-haired, captain?

1 potentially very good signing would be welcome.

Luis Anaconda
05-11-2016, 10:23 AM
I wonder whether he knows more about the future of Ozil and/or Alexis than he's letting on and if this isn't a replacement.

It sounds like a hell of a lot of money for an addition.

Well, he plays in a completely different position to those two, so really probably not

Billy Goat Sverige
05-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Haven't we already agreed we have to defenestrate about 5 of our midfielders - including our lego-haired, captain?

1 potentially very good signing would be welcome.

Probably starting to realise Ramsey only works on the right.

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Well, he plays in a completely different position to those two, so really probably not

Now, let's not split hairs here; he's another fanny-dancing midfielder, isn't he :-(

Luis Anaconda
05-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Probably starting to realise Ramsey only works on the right.

Back up to Mahrez?

Witharby 2-3 weeks
05-11-2016, 11:01 AM
He has finally decided we need at leat 1 good one though :-)

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 11:09 AM
He has finally decided we need at leat 1 good one though :-)

Williams'll have you for that :-)

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Doesn't He realise by now that these people practically grow on trees.

In this country they seem to grow on council estates. Perhaps we should not be knocking them all down?

I'd quite like a striker, a good one tbh

Rich
05-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Hmmm - he's not all that big and he's not all that black. Why can we not have a massive **** off black man in the middle to destroy all that lies before him?

Just Trent
05-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Perhaps he's quite good in the air, like a Swiss Gilberto? Which would help with the defending stuff. Without having to do something really awful, like spending a fortune on a CB. Nobody wants to waste a fortune on a lumbering CB who can't really play proper football.

The Jorge
05-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Perhaps he's quite good in the air, like a Swiss Gilberto? Which would help with the defending stuff. Without having to do something really awful, like spending a fortune on a CB. Nobody wants to waste a fortune on a lumbering CB who can't really play proper football.

Apart from city, of course

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 11:34 AM
In this country they seem to grow on council estates. Perhaps we should not be knocking them all down?

I'd quite like a striker, a good one tbh

There's nothing wrong with it, imo. Gelsenkirchen is essentially a council estate.

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Apart from city, of course

Odd thing, isn't it. Otto and The Mangler looked class before.

Must be something they're smoking up there, I guess.

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Hmmm - he's not all that big and he's not all that black. Why can we not have a massive **** off black man in the middle to destroy all that lies before him?

Mostly too fat and very slow, I think. And those that aren't are all Paul Pogba :-(

Just Trent
05-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Mangala is comically bad. Most defenders seem to be fairly ropey these days. Just look at how often Giroud was afforded free headers in the box this season. He managed to score a few of them too. Although, not many between Jan and May :-\

Ash
05-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Odd thing, isn't it. Otto and The Mangler looked class before.

Same way as Squillaci was a decent defender because Arsenal ruined him?

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Same way as Squillaci was a decent defender because Arsenal ruined him?

Oh, he was just *wrong* for us, I think. He's still doing a job for someone or other in France though.

Luis Anaconda
05-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Oh, he was just *wrong* for us, I think. He's still doing a job for someone or other in France though.

Bastia

Him not you

Ash
05-11-2016, 11:55 AM

You've got to be taking a bit of a risk going to a club where the style of play involves leaving CB's somewhat exposed, surely?

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Bastia

Him not you

Yes. In fairness to him, we did seem to have alot of bastias about the place when he played for us. Useless ones.

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 12:02 PM
You've got to be taking a bit of a risk going to a club where the style of play involves leaving CB's somewhat exposed, surely?

Yeah, that's right.

To paraphrase Thierry on the telly the other week, if you have one or two chaps upfront who have genuine authority in front of goal, that **** simply doesn't happen. But when six or seven members of the team think they can finish as well as, or better, than your strikers, life at the back becomes .. interesting.

Which, of course, is not really what you want.