PDA

View Full Version : West Ham's farewell to Upton Park was a bit cringeworthy

The Jorge
05-11-2016, 09:05 AM
It kind of felt like a Prince Naseem fight, just with more gaw-blimey cockernee cliches.

Mind you, our one had more than its fair share of notably crap moments but at least we didnt see fit to drive london cabs around the pitch packed with embarassed looking former players.

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 09:09 AM
It kind of felt like a Prince Naseem fight, just with more gaw-blimey cockernee cliches.

Mind you, our one had more than its fair share of notably crap moments but at least we didnt see fit to drive london cabs around the pitch packed with embarassed looking former players.

Agreed. The game itself would've been enough.

Brentwood
05-11-2016, 09:10 AM

Am I imagining it, or did somewon perform a song with the lyrics "Highbury highs and lowbury lows" ?

Sir C
05-11-2016, 09:10 AM

I remember people on here being pretty vicious about our 'celebrations'. Many objected to Roger Daltrey singing :shrug:

Organising anything which expresses a degree of sentiment or, God forbid, sentimentality, is going to run the risk of appearing a bit naff and the certainty of being sneered at by those too cool for school.

On the other hand, West Ham, their supporters, Sullivan and Brady are a proper collection of unpleasantness and can all go suck fat one as far as I'm concerned. **** them in the ear.

Luis Anaconda
05-11-2016, 09:11 AM

I thought Sky were struggling when they brought out West Ham Legend Marlon Harewood - still at least Teddy looked like an utter ****.

Disappointed that Harry Redknapp and Frankie Jr were present to take the plaudits. They could have got the bus in

Luis Anaconda
05-11-2016, 09:11 AM
**** them in the ear.

I believe that was one of their less successful films

The Jorge
05-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Am I imagining it, or did somewon perform a song with the lyrics "Highbury highs and lowbury lows" ?

I'd sort of tuned the boy Daltrey out, personally. Though with that level of advanced lyrical stylings he certainly has what it takes to be a true gooner.

The Jorge
05-11-2016, 09:12 AM
I believe that was one of their less successful films

Aural Sex, a very niche fetish

The Jorge
05-11-2016, 09:18 AM
I thought Sky were struggling when they brought out West Ham Legend Marlon Harewood - still at least Teddy looked like an utter ****.

Disappointed that Harry Redknapp and Frankie Jr were present to take the plaudits. They could have got the bus in

I thought the man u bus being pelted with missiles was perhaps the most poignant, fitting tribute of the night.

PSRB
05-11-2016, 09:19 AM

Of course what would be amusing, is after last night's attack on the coach, they have to play their next home game behind closed doors

The Jorge
05-11-2016, 09:22 AM
Of course what would be amusing, is after last night's attack on the coach, they have to play their next home game behind closed doors

Yeah, it'd be more like the paralympic stadium

Pat Vegas
05-11-2016, 09:34 AM
It's not the last action Upton Park will see though, ITK

They will be a movie called final score being filmed there.
The stadium will be siezed by a group of armed individuals, an ex soldier must save everyone.

I wonder who this ex soldier will be? Maybe it will be Liam Neeson.

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 10:03 AM
"If no-one else can help .. "

http://filmjunk.com/images/weblog/2010/01/ateamtrailer.jpg

IUFG
05-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Who was the Cockernee, hostess-bird shaaartin into the microphone?

redgunamo
05-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Who was the Cockernee, hostess-bird shaaartin into the microphone?

I thought it was that Brady bird?