PDA

View Full Version : Apart from everything else I'm getting a distinct whiff of incest in the North Korean

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:19 AM
leadership.

Luis Anaconda
05-10-2016, 10:22 AM
leadership.
That is more of a Catholic church thing - waving around the old burner and stuff

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:25 AM
There are solid scientific reasons for the legal ban on incest even if religions have taken a more nuanced approach to the practice.

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 10:35 AM
leadership.

Bit of a bold statement from a committed monarchist.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't get you Jorge.

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 10:41 AM
I don't get you Jorge.

Just saying, people in glass houses and all.

Anyway, I see IBS has once more chirped up as champion of the poor and downtrodden. That five plus year stint as the man responsible for denying the sick and disabled their benefits must have been really hard for him.

Luis Anaconda
05-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Bit of a bold statement from a committed monarchist.

That's just wild innuendo, j - the sort of nonsense the royals have had to take on the chin for decades

Well- they would have done if they had any

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Ah I see. I'm not a committed monarchist, I'm a reluctant monarchist.

To the best of my my knowledge IBS is an Italian internet bookshop. Not sure what you're accusing them of.

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Ah I see. I'm not a committed monarchist, I'm a reluctant monarchist.

To the best of my my knowledge IBS is an Italian internet bookshop. Not sure what you're accusing them of.

:hehe: "reluctant monarchist"

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:48 AM
:hehe: "reluctant monarchist"

Yep. Sometimes the only honest stance to take on things is to be lukewarm about them.

People with strong convictions are most often dodgy characters who will turn their coats whenever it suits them. Or who have firm convictions as to what others should do whilst not following their own diktats. The anti-semites in the Labour party, for example.

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Yep. Sometimes the only honest stance to take on things is to be lukewarm about them.

People with strong convictions are most often dodgy characters who will turn their coats whenever it suits them. Or who have firm convictions as to what others should do whilst not following their own diktats. The anti-semites in the Labour party, for example.

What a peculiarly british opinion.

On the anti-semites thing, you make out like they've dressed up as the SS and attended a Nazi themed party or something.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 11:02 AM
What a peculiarly british opinion.

On the anti-semites thing, you make out like they've dressed up as the SS and attended a Nazi themed party or something.

I don't think you have to dress as a Nazi to be anti-semitic. I'm talking substance not style. It's really easy to go around saying you're not this or that. And wearing a little badge saying you want to save the world, great feel-good stuff.

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 11:05 AM
I don't think you have to dress as a Nazi to be anti-semitic. I'm talking substance not style. It's really easy to go around saying you're not this or that. And wearing a little badge saying you want to save the world, great feel-good stuff.

But, just so we're clear here, dressing up as an SS officer and attending a Nazi themed party could, just possibly, be construed as slightly anti-semetic, yeah?

Also, just because I think it's gauche to discuss my charidee work, it doesnt mean I'm not doing my bit.

Ash
05-10-2016, 12:34 PM
People with strong convictions are most often dodgy characters who will turn their coats whenever it suits them.

Say what you like about Jorge, but he's a man of strong convictions who is most unlikely to turn his cloak. In fact, I wonder if he's even changed his mind on anything in the last 20 years.

See also: Arsene Wenger.

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Say what you like about Jorge, but he's a man of strong convictions who is most unlikely to turn his cloak. In fact, I wonder if he's even changed his mind on anything in the last 20 years.

See also: Arsene Wenger.

:cloud9: You just compared me to Arsene.

I'm also taking the rest of it as a compliment too. Though surely you must admit I've softened in the time I've been fouling up this place.

Ash
05-10-2016, 12:44 PM

I'm also taking the rest of it as a compliment too. Though surely you must admit I've softened in the time I've been fouling up this place.

Softened on what? Choice of fabric conditioner?

Sir C
05-10-2016, 12:45 PM

:hehe: You get mentaller with each passing year, j. It would be awful if you 'softened'. :-(

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 12:55 PM
Softened on what? Choice of fabric conditioner?

Really? Really?!

All those olive branches, all of that good will. And for what?

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 01:09 PM
:-( Really? I thought I'd calmed down a fair bit