PDA

View Full Version : If Arsene packed it in tomorrow....

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 09:59 AM
...obviously this is a dream scenario for some and a nightmare for others but just say it happened, what would/should be the board's next move. Who would you go for?

Me, personally, I'd be all about Slaven Bilic. I think he has what it takes to run a proper sized club. Failing that, Thomas Tuchel. Not Bielsa, not Mourinho but maybe Benitez if he's freed up by the Geordie's pure abjectness.

Luis Anaconda
05-10-2016, 10:01 AM
...obviously this is a dream scenario for some and a nightmare for others but just say it happened, what would/should be the board's next move. Who would you go for?

Me, personally, I'd be all about Slaven Bilic. I think he has what it takes to run a proper sized club. Failing that, Thomas Tuchel. Not Bielsa, not Mourinho but maybe Benitez if he's freed up by the Geordie's pure abjectness.

Massimiliano Allegri - but I just see he has signed a new contract. Wouldn't mind Bilic - think Koeman may be a better bet in the short term though. Less combustible

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:03 AM
Bilic would be a decent shout, although it would be a step up from anything he's done before he looks as tho0ugh he's got the character and intelligence for it.

Benitez would be a dreary disaster. After Wengerball we'd have the opposite and he hasn't exactly lit up the pleaces he's been to recently has he?

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Massimiliano "Austin" Allegri? Good choice imo. And yes, Ronald isnt bad either.

No love for the current BvB man?

Billy Goat Sverige
05-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Unai Emery or Simeone.

Just Trent
05-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Thomas Tuchel is another fellow that looks awful in any sort of coat/jacket. He's got to be 1st choice.

Pat Vegas
05-10-2016, 10:09 AM
modd. + some extra characters

Luis Anaconda
05-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Massimiliano "Austin" Allegri? Good choice imo. And yes, Ronald isnt bad either.

No love for the current BvB man?

Not sure about him - good first season obviously but has the second most talented squad in Germany so no real surprise got them to second. Would like to see what he does next season

7sisters
05-10-2016, 10:28 AM

Koeman, although Bilic is a fair call but possibly not quite 'The Arsenal ' man. Koeman has wetted his appetite in the PL and has worked wonders with modest financial resources. Wenger set to retire next year and the dutcher with one year remaining on his Saints contract .

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Koeman, unlike Bilic, has been quite rude about Arsenal in the past though.

Red N White Army
05-10-2016, 11:02 AM
I have absolutely no ****ing idea. And nor do the Board, more to the point.

redgunamo
05-10-2016, 11:12 AM

http://pics.imcdb.org/0is106/cstrip24re6.8945.jpg

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 11:14 AM
http://pics.imcdb.org/0is106/cstrip24re6.8945.jpg

Peter Richardson is the most underrated Richardson since Kevin Richardson

PSRB
05-10-2016, 11:32 AM

The spurs incumbent :hide:

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 11:35 AM

Yeah, though if I were Man Utd I'd be after him rather than the truculent Porugeezer

PSRB
05-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Yeah, though if I were Man Utd I'd be after him rather than the truculent Porugeezer

That has been my thoughts on the matter. Also I'm convinced Kane will go to United with Vardy to spurs been saying this October.....and I still think it'll happen

redgunamo
05-10-2016, 11:40 AM
"Peter Richardson is the most underrated Richardson since Kevin."

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 11:43 AM
"Peter Richardson is the most underrated Richardson since Kevin."

He was the original Mike in The Young Ones, then C4 offered him Comic Strip Presents

Ash
05-10-2016, 12:28 PM
He was the original Mike in The Young Ones, then C4 offered him Comic Strip Presents

Didn't stop the others in Young Ones doing Comic Strip, though he was more involved. Yes, Peter Richardson is a great talent. See also Ian Richardson.

Luis Anaconda
05-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Didn't stop the others in Young Ones doing Comic Strip, though he was more involved. Yes, Peter Richardson is a great talent. See also Ian Richardson.

The Voice of Death RIP

Ash
05-10-2016, 12:37 PM
The Voice of Death RIP

:nod: See also Christopher Lee.

I wonder who wants to play him next?

Sir C
05-10-2016, 12:38 PM

He has a daughter of 19, you know. Now that would be truly groundbreaking - appointing a fresh, new, young talent and breaking the iron grip of the patriarchy currently throtting football in one gloriously revolutionary act.

I may start a twitter campaign.

Sir C
05-10-2016, 12:39 PM

Too many drugs.

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 12:39 PM

They werent also directing it though, PR was a proper auteur, or at least wanted to be.

He also co-wrote and directed Stella Street, which remains the most criminally underrated thing on telly ever.

Ash
05-10-2016, 12:50 PM
They werent also directing it though, PR was a proper auteur, or at least wanted to be.

He also co-wrote and directed Stella Street, which remains the most criminally underrated thing on telly ever.

Yes, there's a lotof his output that I haven't seen, including several Comic Strip films.

The most memorable CS moment for me was Alexi Sayle the motorbike cop saying "Oh yeah, where's that then?" Had me in stitches because *every* single cop that stoppen me in the 80's said that.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-10-2016, 01:44 PM
They will panic and do something stupid.

I like Koeman. I thought he would be a future successor back in about 00/01 when he was at Ajax.

redgunamo
05-10-2016, 01:58 PM
:nod: See also Christopher Lee.

I wonder who wants to play him next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrult9Q_BQc&list=RDQrult9Q_BQc#t=55

:shrug:

Tony C
05-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Me with the True Geordie as my number 2

END OF.....

Real Madrid la decima...yer having a larf!!!

George Morrell's Tache
05-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Koeman, Bilic, and Benitez are all good coaches, but none really fire the imagination. Don't know much about a Tuchel, but choosing someone we have never heard of has worked before!

redgunamo
05-10-2016, 08:30 PM
He has a daughter of 19, you know. Now that would be truly groundbreaking - appointing a fresh, new, young talent and breaking the iron grip of the patriarchy currently throtting football in one gloriously revolutionary act.

I may start a twitter campaign.

We should never hear the last of it otherwise.

redgunamo
05-10-2016, 08:31 PM

It'll be Mourinho.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Slavan for me. A gladatorial player and an intelligent articulate man who can inspire young players. He spoke very insightfully about the last ever FA Cup match at Upton Park. He gets it.

I don't want Benitez because I could never love him. I have to be able to love my team's manager.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
05-11-2016, 12:29 AM
Harry Redknapp is available. No compensation fee.