PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Titi Henry is seriuously being groomed (another word the internet has

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 09:41 AM
****ed up for us) to be the next Arsenal manager.

He only lacks his pro qualification which he could get this season.

If this behind-the-scenes story is true, it should mean him taking over from Arsene in a year's time.

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 09:44 AM

If this behind-the-scenes story is true, it should mean him taking over from Arsene in a year's time.

I do think some blame might have to be on the nonces for that.

Pat Vegas
05-10-2016, 09:46 AM
People have been saying this for years.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 09:49 AM
I do think some blame might have to be on the nonces for that.

To be fair to the nonces I suspect the media has a lot to do with it. Doubt whether the nonces went around saying "Oh, I'm grooming so-and-so" before it started becoming a feature of nonce stories in the media.

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 09:49 AM
To be fair to the nonces I suspect the media has a lot to do with it. Doubt whether the nonces went around saying "Oh, I'm grooming so-and-so" before it started becoming a feature of nonce stories in the media.

Hard to draw a distinctive line between the two though, especially in the 70s and 80s.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Hard to draw a distinctive line between the two though, especially in the 70s and 80s.

Gpwm although I thought grooming, in its current usage, had come to the fore in the internet era.

Just Trent
05-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Could be Gary Neville 2. I'd rather we kept hold of Arteta and started grooming him. He's got much better hair.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Could be Gary Neville 2. I'd rather we kept hold of Arteta and started grooming him. He's got much better hair.

His hair is so good it doesn't need grooming.

I'm not getting this Arteta is the new saviour. What exactly has he done to merit such paeans of praise?

Giving a former star his first managerial job can work out horribly badly or not. Though former tends to outweigh the latter. But it would be a cheap way of placating the fans who want change for a few weeks at least.

My fear is that it would initiate an era of cardboard kings and interregnums.

Just Trent
05-10-2016, 10:28 AM
People at the club think quite highly of Arteta as a possible coach. I certainly don't see him as the manager anytime soon though. Nor Henry. I think we'll need an experienced man to step in after Arsene. There will be a lot of changes that'll have to happen. Wenger's been controlling so much for so long. There will have to be big changes to the set up. Restructuring the board will be a priority. A steady hand will be needed.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:33 AM
This would be the right time for Kronke to sell out (that's MY dream scenario) but it won't happen.

7sisters
05-10-2016, 10:39 AM

He'd be a disaster. He's a striker and by default carries the egotistical, selfish cund dna. I couldn't see him being impartial and a team builder. I mean just look at those impeccably tailored designer suits.
It's a giveaway. There'd be mutiny within months. Trust me on this one.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Cruyff was a striker. So was Scargill. They both reached the top of their professions.

IUFG
05-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Grooming - Grooming is the predatory act of manoeuvring another individual into a position that makes them more isolated, dependent, likely to trust, and more vulnerable to abusive behavior.

Sound about right for the manager's job at The Arsenal

redgunamo
05-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Ferguson and Heynkes.

Ash
05-10-2016, 12:39 PM

lol

Now, please tell us who you were on the previous board.

Ash
05-10-2016, 12:40 PM
He'd be a disaster. He's a striker and by default carries the egotistical, selfish cund dna. I couldn't see him being impartial and a team builder. I mean just look at those impeccably tailored designer suits.
It's a giveaway. There'd be mutiny within months. Trust me on this one.

Bloody awful captain too. Le glare. :-(

Sir C
05-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Ferguson and Heynkes.

Are you back from the seaside, r? Did you enjoy paddling?

Sir C
05-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Cruyff was a striker. So was Scargill. They both reached the top of their professions.

Hmm, was Johan really a striker, though? I mean, 90 seconds into the 1974 world cup final he was the deepest Dutch player on the pitch beside Jongbloed, and no one was surprised.

redgunamo
05-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Hmm, was Johan really a striker, though? I mean, 90 seconds into the 1974 world cup final he was the deepest Dutch player on the pitch beside Jongbloed, and no one was surprised.

Let us not split hairs; 300 plus goals says "yes".

redgunamo
05-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Are you back from the seaside, r? Did you enjoy paddling?

Très agréable, merci. Tits ands arses everywhere.

Sir C
05-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Très agréable, merci. Tits ands arses everywhere.

Oh. You took your mum then.

redgunamo
05-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Oh. You took your mum then.

Actually, my mum and her coven are still clogging up my house, which was the whole reason for going away in the first place.

Quick turnaround and then the wife & I fly to Chicago tomorrow night. Jazz :smokin:

Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking
05-10-2016, 04:56 PM
FFS.

Where the flying ****monkeys are George Graham and Herbert Chapman this list?