PDA

View Full Version : Wenger Ins vs Wenger Outs Round2

Tony C
05-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Wenger Outs weren't allowed to take their banners in.
Got abused by the Wenger Ins
Main leader of the Wenger Outs had his kid pushed and all hell broke loose
Wenger Outs now changing their tune saying it's not about Wenger but rather Stan and Ivan even though they've repeatedly called time on Arsene...their new slogan is Time For Change.

slowly spiralling out of control....

Sir C
05-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Wenger Outs now changing their tune saying it's not about Wenger but rather Stan and Ivan even though they've repeatedly called time on Arsene...their new slogan is Time For Change.

Wenger will be gone within two weeks mate. You heard it here first. I'm very much ITK in this matter.

Pokster
05-09-2016, 12:48 PM

It doesn't really matter which side of the fence you are on... he will stay another year no matter what

Ash
05-09-2016, 12:58 PM

There might have to be segregation between The Factions of The Great Schism.

7sisters
05-09-2016, 01:05 PM

He's here to see out his contract. We're going to have to tread water and waste time passively watching him fall into the same stack of chairs until the new man comes in.
I'd take Koeman in a flash. He could at least begin the rebuild a year early but it won't happen because the board cannot see the folly in allowing AW one more season to delay the process.

The Jorge
05-09-2016, 01:12 PM
He's here to see out his contract. We're going to have to tread water and waste time passively watching him fall into the same stack of chairs until the new man comes in.
I'd take Koeman in a flash. He could at least begin the rebuild a year early but it won't happen because the board cannot see the folly in allowing AW one more season to delay the process.

Mind you, there's 90 other clubs in this country who would bite our hands off for what we call "treding water".

7sisters
05-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Mind you, there's 90 other clubs in this country who would bite our hands off for what we call "treding water".

Not the top ones though, which is sort of the point.

The Jorge
05-09-2016, 01:31 PM

Hmmmmm, are you sure?

I think Leicester and spurs would probably trade these anomalies for 20 consecutive years of CL qualification, not to mention a couple of doubles, a slew of FA Cups and two european finals.

Brentwood
05-09-2016, 01:34 PM

What will really annoy people, is if we do finish 2nd, above Spurs and start talking about how close we were to winning the league, having been top for a large part of the season (Spurs haven't been top at all, have they?)

Pokster
05-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Hmmmmm, are you sure?

I think Leicester and spurs would probably trade these anomalies for 20 consecutive years of CL qualification, not to mention a couple of doubles, a slew of FA Cups and two european finals.

You and I both know that the treading water is in relation to the last 10 yrs or so... and i don't think any other top club would have stood by a manager for as long

The Jorge
05-09-2016, 01:41 PM
You and I both know that the treading water is in relation to the last 10 yrs or so... and i don't think any other top club would have stood by a manager for as long

I'm just playing devil's avocado here.

We arent other clubs though, are we?

Ash
05-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Hmmmmm, are you sure?

Not Leicester. I reckon they'll happily **** 20 Years of CL qualification out of the fenetre for their League Title.

Ash
05-09-2016, 01:44 PM

Charlton fans chased Curbishley out of the club for only 'treading water' in mid-table for years. Since then they have found their new level, in the 3rd division.

Sir C
05-09-2016, 01:49 PM

Which other top club would you prefer us to be like, p? Spurs? Chelsea? United?

Odd tastes you have there.

Pokster
05-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Which other top club would you prefer us to be like, p? Spurs? Chelsea? United?

Odd tastes you have there.

Did I say I wanted us to be like any other club? You mean Chelsea and Man Utd that have both won the title in the last 3 years?

Sir C
05-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Did I say I wanted us to be like any other club? You mean Chelsea and Man Utd that have both won the title in the last 3 years?

So you would prefer to be Chelsea or Man United? You confess?

wd p. Confession is good for the soul. There's no shame in it, millions of Thai and Indonesian teenagers change teams according to who's winning at the time. Fill your boots, old chap.

Pokster
05-09-2016, 01:54 PM
So you would prefer to be Chelsea or Man United? You confess?

wd p. Confession is good for the soul. There's no shame in it, millions of Thai and Indonesian teenagers change teams according to who's winning at the time. Fill your boots, old chap.

Now look here young man, I know you have strange thoughts about Thai teenagers but leave them as thoughts, we don't want your sort on here.

7sisters
05-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Charlton fans chased Curbishley out of the club for only 'treading water' in mid-table for years. Since then they have found their new level, in the 3rd division.

Sure.. But we're not Charlton and the parallels can't be applied in the same way. No other business model in the commercial world would run on these lines. A CEO with a term of twenty years is incredibly rare, unless like Branson, you own the company. In the sporting world, it rubs against the grain and the ethos of continual improvement, particularly at the top level, where it's essentially about evolving and winning, or at the very least, improving.
Surely even the most devout or myopic appreciates Wenger has seen his best years. Age catches up with everyone, it's not a weakness, just an undeniable fact. He's carried us as far as he can but it's hugely likely that next season, if he stays in charge, we'll see more dissention in the squad as the manager becomes increasingly isolated and unable to exert the same influence.

Brentwood
05-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Sure.. But we're not Charlton and the parallels can't be applied in the same way. No other business model in the commercial world would run on these lines. A CEO with a term of twenty years is incredibly rare, unless like Branson, you own the company. In the sporting world, it rubs against the grain and the ethos of continual improvement, particularly at the top level, where it's essentially about evolving and winning, or at the very least, improving.
Surely even the most devout or myopic appreciates Wenger has seen his best years. Age catches up with everyone, it's not a weakness, just an undeniable fact. He's carried us as far as he can but it's hugely likely that next season, if he stays in charge, we'll see more dissention in the squad as the manager becomes increasingly isolated and able to exert the same influence.

His objective was to keep us in the Champions League, whilst selling our best players for a profit, in order to pay for the incredibly expensive new stadium we moved into. He did that. Something that arguably, no other manager on the planet could have done (think of the players he bought for a pittance, developed and then had to sell). Finally, after achieving this improbable task, our fans aren't even patient enough to allow him to see out his contract. Remember, he was loyal to us when he was at his peak and Real Madrid, France, Barcelona etc would have had him in a heartbeat and tried to get him. he turned them down because he had a contract. Shame on us

Sir C
05-09-2016, 02:04 PM
His objective was to keep us in the Champions League, whilst selling our best players for a profit, in order to pay for the incredibly expensive new stadium we moved into. He did that. Something that arguably, no other manager on the planet could have done (think of the players he bought for a pittance, developed and then had to sell). Finally, after achieving this improbable task, our fans aren't even patient enough to allow him to see out his contract. Remember, he was loyal to use when he was at his peak and Real Madrid, France, Barcelona etc would have had him in a heartbeat. Shame on us

Very nicely put b, if I may say so.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-09-2016, 02:05 PM
That sounds like a complete guess

Rich
05-09-2016, 02:40 PM
His objective was to keep us in the Champions League, whilst selling our best players for a profit, in order to pay for the incredibly expensive new stadium we moved into. He did that. Something that arguably, no other manager on the planet could have done (think of the players he bought for a pittance, developed and then had to sell). Finally, after achieving this improbable task, our fans aren't even patient enough to allow him to see out his contract. Remember, he was loyal to us when he was at his peak and Real Madrid, France, Barcelona etc would have had him in a heartbeat and tried to get him. he turned them down because he had a contract. Shame on us

Cheers to that. Some of our 'supporters' should really be ashamed of themselves.

7sisters
05-09-2016, 02:48 PM

Don't be ridiculous. What a load of very nice but essentially sentimental old tosh. This is sport, not some charitable church of benevolence. He's been paid a fortune and for the first half of his tenure was worth every penny.
This isn't how it works in the bear pit that is Premier league football, except for perhaps.. Arsenal.
The problem with all of the AKB's is the constant carping back to past achievements, pre 2005, as a way of justifying why we should be kind to dear old Arsene for Auld Lang Syne.
Great.. He's been great.. I get it... It's time to move on now... really..

They'll be more of the same next season and it's all so depressingly predictable. He's not going to build a new team for the sake of one more year, is he ? Any new manage will almost certainly clear out 30 to 40% of the current squad within 12 months, so what's the point :shrug:

Sir C
05-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Don't be ridiculous. What a load of very nice but essentially sentimental old tosh. This is sport, not some charitable church of benevolence. He's been paid a fortune and for the first half of his tenure was worth every penny.
This isn't how it works in the bear pit that is Premier league football, except for perhaps.. Arsenal.
The problem with all of the AKB's is the constant carping back to past achievements, pre 2005, as a way of justifying why we should be kind to dear old Arsene for Auld Lang Syne.

They'll be more of the same next season and it's all so depressingly predictable. He's not going to build a new team for the sake of one more year, is he ? Any new manage will almost certainly clear out 30 to 40% of the current squad within 12 months, so what's the point :shrug:

We are The Arsenal. We're supposed to be 'nice' and 'sentimental' and treat people with dignity and respect. That's what makes us different.

7sisters
05-09-2016, 03:08 PM
We are The Arsenal. We're supposed to be 'nice' and 'sentimental' and treat people with dignity and respect. That's what makes us different.

I can't really argue with that tbf :hehe:

Just Trent
05-09-2016, 03:09 PM

He'll be angling for a new contract. Especially if one or two big signings come in. "He deserves the chance to build a team with his new signings". Then off we go again :-\

Tony C
05-10-2016, 07:52 AM
Here's one theory of mine...

Stan has already said he isn't in this for winning trophies so it's fair to say he's happy with he's making from our continued Champions League involvement and ticket sales.

Wenger has said that Stan has always backed him in the transfer market and the signings of Ozil and Alexis are testament to that but what's really needed is a couple of truly immense world beaters....like a Paul Pogba and / or a striker like Lewandowski.

But here's the thing...if you were Stan and you're guaranteed good thing every year are you really going to sanction the +100m it would take to get one of those players (transfer fee and salary included in the 100m estimate)? What would be the point? Guys like Stan are more than happy with playing it safe and collecting the free money every season.

Another problem with this is that's there's no clear direction or leadership from the top down....stans's a ghost whose happy to keep on milking us, Ivan is just looking after commercial revenues and Wenger has to do everything else....

Hate to say it but it's probably crying out for Usmanov to step in....he certainly talks a good fight...

Pokster
05-10-2016, 07:59 AM
Here's one theory of mine...

Stan has already said he isn't in this for winning trophies so it's fair to say he's happy with he's making from our continued Champions League involvement and ticket sales.

Wenger has said that Stan has always backed him in the transfer market and the signings of Ozil and Alexis are testament to that but what's really needed is a couple of truly immense world beaters....like a Paul Pogba and / or a striker like Lewandowski.

But here's the thing...if you were Stan and you're guaranteed good thing every year are you really going to sanction the +100m it would take to get one of those players (transfer fee and salary included in the 100m estimate)? What would be the point? Guys like Stan are more than happy with playing it safe and collecting the free money every season.

Another problem with this is that's there's no clear direction or leadership from the top down....stans's a ghost whose happy to keep on milking us, Ivan is just looking after commercial revenues and Wenger has to do everything else....

Hate to say it but it's probably crying out for Usmanov to step in....he certainly talks a good fight...

Stan doesn't milk us though... only taken £3m a yr for the last 2 yrs.. and when he is worth what he is then that is nothing.
If he is in it to make money then ticking along in the top 4 and winning the odd cup will help keep the value of the club up, they would need to spend a lot to take us to the top level... winning the league most yrs and winning the CL every 3 or 4 imo

The Jorge
05-10-2016, 08:44 AM
Stan doesn't milk us though... only taken £3m a yr for the last 2 yrs.. and when he is worth what he is then that is nothing.
If he is in it to make money then ticking along in the top 4 and winning the odd cup will help keep the value of the club up, they would need to spend a lot to take us to the top level... winning the league most yrs and winning the CL every 3 or 4 imo

Plus, spending 100m of any currency on a player is a false economy

Brentwood
05-10-2016, 09:06 AM

The risk is that people like you get your own way and we spend a few years struggling like Man Utd have done, wasting all of the money he has carefully built up, changing managers every season, just to try and displace the new top 4. Remember that he is one of only about 7 men ever to have won the PL

Pokster
05-10-2016, 09:19 AM
The risk is that people like you get your own way and we spend a few years struggling like Man Utd have done, wasting all of the money he has carefully built up, changing managers every season, just to try and displace the new top 4. Remember that he is one of only about 7 men ever to have won the PL

12 years ago though... that is a lifetime in football management. Of course there is a risk it goes wrong, but he is going to leave at some stage so you can't just leave him in charge forever or you run the risk of doing a Forest imo

Mo Britain less Europe
05-10-2016, 09:36 AM
12 years ago though... that is a lifetime in football management. Of course there is a risk it goes wrong, but he is going to leave at some stage so you can't just leave him in charge forever or you run the risk of doing a Forest imo

You cannot compare Forest to Arsenal. You might compare them to Leicester.

Pokster
05-10-2016, 09:51 AM
You cannot compare Forest to Arsenal. You might compare them to Leicester.

It was more a manager hanging on for ever as the club were scared to change him... so it is worth looking at.