PDA

View Full Version : I am going to Reykjavik in a few weeks,

Pat Vegas
05-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Looking at google maps it looks a bit err. well put it this way Swansea looks more exciting.

I will use Awimb's international knowledge. What should I see and what should I eat? The hot dogs look good.

Sir C
05-09-2016, 09:33 AM
Looking at google maps it looks a bit err. well put it this way Swansea looks more exciting.

I will use Awimb's international knowledge. What should I see and what should I eat? The hot dogs look good.

Rick Stein's current 'Long Weekends' series started in Reykjavik. Have a look at that episode.

To be entirely honest with you, it looked as dull as ditchwater :-(

Pat Vegas
05-09-2016, 09:35 AM
:-( I will just visit the cathedral.

Though one one day will be taken up going to the blue Lagoon and looking at some geysers.

Just there for a few days. then I piss off to Canada for 3 weeks.

Sir C
05-09-2016, 09:37 AM
:-( I will just visit the cathedral.

Though one one day will be taken up going to the blue Lagoon and looking at some geysers.

Just there for a few days. then I piss off to Canada for 3 weeks.

Are you flying with Norwegian?

Pat Vegas
05-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Icelandair unless it's a codeshare.

LHR to KEF.

In other news BA is rolling out Wifi in Q1 2017

Burney
05-09-2016, 09:40 AM

I've heard it's quite nice if you want to look at hot springs and **** like that. For the rest of it, I wouldn't give you tuppence for the place.

Pat Vegas
05-09-2016, 09:41 AM
I've heard it's quite nice if you want to look at hot springs and **** like that. For the rest of it, I wouldn't give you tuppence for the place.

I am curious to see it being still day light at 11pm.

Seems when I will be there sunset is at midnight and sunrise at 2am.

Burney
05-09-2016, 09:45 AM
I am curious to see it being still day light at 11pm.

Seems when I will be there sunset is at midnight and sunrise at 2am.

Yeah. I'll be in Finland at the beginning of June and it'll be much the same there. The daylight thing is a bit of a head****, but the hotels usually have heavy blackout curtains, so you just have to be disciplined about it and make sure you go to bed at a normal time.

Pat Vegas
05-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Yeah. I'll be in Finland at the beginning of June and it'll be much the same there. The daylight thing is a bit of a head****, but the hotels usually have heavy blackout curtains, so you just have to be disciplined about it and make sure you go to bed at a normal time.

I can imagine. I get all confused when the clocks change.