PDA

View Full Version : The BAFTAs last night offered a great example of everything that's wrong with the BBC

Burney
05-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Hours of prime broadcasting time devoted to a self-congratulatory bunfight/propaganda exercise in which its employees and beneficiaries lined up to make explicitly political points in its favour. And, of course, all these guzzling, back-slapping and posturing gob****es have their hands in our pockets via a mandatory subscription that is forced by law on the consumer. But, not content with this, they apparently then expect us to feel grateful to the ****ers who are taking our money with menaces.

**** the BBC. **** it hard.

Ash
05-09-2016, 09:17 AM
posturing gob****es have their hands in our pockets via a mandatory subscription that is forced by law on the consumer.

Licence fee isn't too bad value for money as long as there's BBC4, MOTD, and TMS.

Sir C
05-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Hours of prime broadcasting time devoted to a self-congratulatory bunfight/propaganda exercise in which its employees and beneficiaries lined up to make explicitly political points in its favour. And, of course, all these guzzling, back-slapping and posturing gob****es have their hands in our pockets via a mandatory subscription that is forced by law on the consumer. But, not content with this, they apparently then expect us to feel grateful to the ****ers who are taking our money with menaces.

**** the BBC. **** it hard.

I didn't watch it, but assume Rylance was wearing a ****ing hat indoors again? IT'S JUST BASIC MANNERS!

Of course, the self-congratulatory bunfight theme started earlier in the evening with the somewhat flatulent homage to Sir David. Whilst I bow to no man in my appreciation of the soothingly-voiced naturalist, a full hour's hagiography seemed a little much.

Burney
05-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Licence fee isn't too bad value for money as long as there's BBC4, MOTD, and TMS.

Nah. I take the view that any money extorted from one is poor value. You don't forgive someone for ****ing you unbidden up the arse just because they give you a kiss, do you?

Burney
05-09-2016, 09:28 AM
I didn't watch it, but assume Rylance was wearing a ****ing hat indoors again? IT'S JUST BASIC MANNERS!

Of course, the self-congratulatory bunfight theme started earlier in the evening with the somewhat flatulent homage to Sir David. Whilst I bow to no man in my appreciation of the soothingly-voiced naturalist, a full hour's hagiography seemed a little much.

Of course he did, the ridiculous ****.

And the fact that the worship of Attenborough has now become a cult has utterly diminished him in my eyes. As has the fact that he keeps banging on about global warming in a rather tedious way.

The BBC these days is just utterly out of control. The constant trails, the self-promotion - all of it. Get rid.