PDA

View Full Version : We're going to finish second, aren't we? :cloud9:

Rich
05-09-2016, 08:49 AM
I have a bet that I am very keen to win and Newcastle beating Spurs next weekend would make me one very happy man.

Sir C
05-09-2016, 08:51 AM
I have a bet that I am very keen to win and Newcastle beating Spurs next weekend would make me one very happy man.

No, no I don't believe we are. However, third is a very decent season indeed; I think we can all be well pleased with that.

Luis Anaconda
05-09-2016, 08:51 AM

I watched Newcastle play Villa on Saturday. They really aren't going to beat Spurs. If anything I would be more worried about Villa beating us *

* not that worried though

Rich
05-09-2016, 08:54 AM
I watched Newcastle play Villa on Saturday. They really aren't going to beat Spurs. If anything I would be more worried about Villa beating us *

Providing that Sunderland don't win midweek, they're going to have to pull a win out of the bag.

Spurs have not played well in the second half against Chelsea or against Saints. The pressure is all on them.

Luis Anaconda
05-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Providing that Sunderland don't win midweek, they're going to have to pull a win out of the bag.

Spurs have not played well in the second half against Chelsea or against Saints. The pressure is all on them.

So as long as in-form Sunderland fail to beat an Everton side who are so far on the beach they were building sandcastles in their penalty area on Saturday, that scenario could happen

Even then there is not really any pressure on Spurs at all while you can't really describe Newcastle, who would have to win in the unlikely scenario of Everton winning at the Stadium of Light, as not under pressure then

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Given the teams that finished above us, not sure too many people will be celebrating the 3rd place trophy

PSRB
05-09-2016, 11:42 AM

I watched Everton play Leicester, they really aren't going to beat Sunderland!

Sir C
05-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Given the teams that finished above us, not sure too many people will be celebrating the 3rd place trophy

Well I suppose there are lots of kids around who only remember the good times; still, it's a shame they're such self-entitled brats, isn't it?

Luis Anaconda
05-09-2016, 11:55 AM
I watched Everton play Leicester, they really aren't going to beat Sunderland!

Not at all - just reading a quite savage attack in the times on how **** their players have been - two escaped criticism. You might be able to guess one - Barry being the other

7sisters
05-09-2016, 11:56 AM

Possibly but very unlikely. I'm also not sure we deserve to finish above that lot down the road. The gods smiled upon us yesterday. City should have run out fairly comfortable winners.

PSRB
05-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Not at all - just reading a quite savage attack in the times on how **** their players have been - two escaped criticism. You might be able to guess one - Barry being the other

Because he's been injured for most of it :hide:

He has actually had a decent season

Sir C
05-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Possibly but very unlikely. I'm also not sure we deserve to finish above that lot down the road. The gods smiled upon us yesterday. City should have run out fairly comfortable winners.

We don't 'deserve' to finish above them? So if we beat Villa and they lose to Newcastle, you'd still have them ahead of us in your League of Justice?

Odd.

Luis Anaconda
05-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Battered us for 8 minutes but then hardly dominated after that. Not sure where you get should have won comfortably from, we deserved a draw definitely

Sir C
05-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Because he's been injured for most of it :hide:

He has actually had a decent season

I wonder if they just didn't want to spoil Leicester's party?

Losing like that to a team who've been on the piss all week is no mean feat.

PSRB
05-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Battered us for 8 minutes but then hardly dominated after that. Not sure where you get should have won comfortably from, we deserved a draw definitely

Almost as if we were away at the CL semi finalists, I'd have bitten your hand off for that result before kick-off

Luis Anaconda
05-09-2016, 12:05 PM
I wonder if they just didn't want to spoil Leicester's party?

Losing like that to a team who've been on the piss all week is no mean feat.

:hehe: I imagine Vardy was just sobering up when he took that second penalty

7sisters
05-09-2016, 12:17 PM
We were defensively more efficient than in previous weeks, they were profligate in front of goal. Deserve perhaps not the right word but there can be little argument that they were the better team.

7sisters
05-09-2016, 12:19 PM
We don't 'deserve' to finish above them? So if we beat Villa and they lose to Newcastle, you'd still have them ahead of us in your League of Justice?

Odd.

Not really. They've achieved more in terms of where they started. Our points tally is below that of last season whereas they are a side that have made strident improvements.

Ash
05-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Not really. They've achieved more in terms of where they started. Our points tally is below that of last season whereas they are a side that have made strident improvements.

Where you deserve to finish in the table is based on how you perform relative to the other clubs in that season. Not how much you've improved since last season. That would be the Improvement Cup, not the Premier League Title. Maybe Spurs are in with a shout of a top four trophy in the Improvement Cup.

Pokster
05-09-2016, 12:39 PM
What pressure? WHo gives a flying stuff if you finish 2nd or 3rd... the players couldn't care less, it's the fans that are bothered

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-09-2016, 02:26 PM
I can't speak for every fan. I only ask that players do everything that they can to achieve what they are capable of and have no regrets at the end of the game. If every player gives everything and we lose to a better team, so be it.