PDA

View Full Version : Summer is upon us; let the grilling and smoking commence!

Sir C
05-06-2016, 01:57 PM
In a water filter stylee, check this special offer on the only charcoal worth buying. You can trust me in this matter, follow my advice and you will be indebted to me forever. Amen.

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Big-K-Restaurant-Grade-Charcoal/266898011?from=shop&tags=|20000|21411|137850|157406|157407&parentContainer=|21411|137850|157406|157407_LISTVI EW

Pat Vegas
05-06-2016, 01:59 PM
That's what they did in Alberta now look what's happened.

Burney
05-06-2016, 02:01 PM
In a water filter stylee, check this special offer on the only charcoal worth buying. You can trust me in this matter, follow my advice and you will be indebted to me forever. Amen.

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Big-K-Restaurant-Grade-Charcoal/266898011?from=shop&tags=|20000|21411|137850|157406|157407&parentContainer=|21411|137850|157406|157407_LISTVI EW

Ah, but...

http://www.chefsrange.co.uk/accessories-/-big-k-rch15-restaurant-grade-lumpwood-charcoal/?gclid=CLPOmfbNxcwCFYIK0wodBCoEiA#.VyyjTYS-S-I

Sir C
05-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Ah, but...

http://www.chefsrange.co.uk/accessories-/-big-k-rch15-restaurant-grade-lumpwood-charcoal/?gclid=CLPOmfbNxcwCFYIK0wodBCoEiA#.VyyjTYS-S-I

Oh my dear chap! That is the amateur stuff. The BEST grade restauarnt quality is an entirely different product.

A little naive, if you'll forgive me :-(

Burney
05-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Oh my dear chap! That is the amateur stuff. The BEST grade restauarnt quality is an entirely different product.

A little naive, if you'll forgive me :-(

Meh. It's just charcoal, innit.

Did I tell you I got a double rear-ending this morning?

Pat Vegas
05-06-2016, 02:21 PM

Ah one of those long rubber ones that has 2 ends?

Oh i see what you mean.

Pokster
05-06-2016, 02:38 PM

You're not going to go all Monty on us and bore us to death with your insurance scam?

Sir C
05-06-2016, 02:40 PM

You won't say that when we've got a pig suspended over it.

A double-ending? Poor chap. Do you have injuries? Is the vehicle lightly dinged or ****ed?

Burney
05-06-2016, 02:51 PM
You won't say that when we've got a pig suspended over it.

A double-ending? Poor chap. Do you have injuries? Is the vehicle lightly dinged or ****ed?

I was crawling along in traffic when suddenly I feel an impact in my rear. At first I thought I'd stalled it. Then it happened again.

Turns out the Mazda MX5 behind me had been hit by a lorry and gone into me. And then it went into it again. The damage is incredibly light as far as I can see, amounting to just a couple of tiny scratches on my paintwork. So light is it, in fact, that I'm wondering whether to bother claiming.

Pokster
05-06-2016, 02:53 PM
I was crawling along in traffic when suddenly I feel an impact in my rear. At first I thought I'd stalled it. Then it happened again.

Turns out the Mazda MX5 behind me had been hit by a lorry and gone into me. And then it went into it again. The damage is incredibly light as far as I can see, amounting to just a couple of tiny scratches on my paintwork. So light is it, in fact, that I'm wondering whether to bother claiming.

But the shooting pain in your neck b, must be awful imo

Jake
05-06-2016, 02:53 PM

When you're using a fine piece of kit like the egg you want something from these boys:

http://thelondonlogcompany.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm going to the butcher after work. No animal is safe.

Burney
05-06-2016, 02:57 PM
But the shooting pain in your neck b, must be awful imo

No, you see I am both a real man who doesn't believe in 'whiplash injuries' and am not a thieving little scrounger looking to gouge every penny out of my fellow humans that I possibly can.

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:01 PM

Bear in mind that the leasing company will check it carefully for damage when you return it though.

Pat Vegas
05-06-2016, 03:02 PM
No, you see I am both a real man who doesn't believe in 'whiplash injuries' and am not a thieving little scrounger looking to gouge every penny out of my fellow humans that I possibly can.

you could sue them for causing self doubt. The incident made you think you had stalled the car.

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:02 PM
When you're using a fine piece of kit like the egg you want something from these boys:

http://thelondonlogcompany.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm going to the butcher after work. No animal is safe.

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Bear in mind that the leasing company will check it carefully for damage when you return it though.

But I've got paintwork cover as part of the leasing agreement, surely?

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:08 PM
you could sue them for causing self doubt. The incident made you think you had stalled the car.

This is a good point, f, but I quickly dismissed the idea, knowing my clutch control to be immaculate.

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:16 PM
But I've got paintwork cover as part of the leasing agreement, surely?

Depends on your agreement. BVRLA return standards generally specify a particular length and depth of scratch for which they can charge. Best ask the question imo.

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:17 PM
These are less than a centimetre long.

Pat Vegas
05-06-2016, 03:20 PM
WD40 will get rid of them.

According to some bloke on youtube.

The Jorge
05-06-2016, 03:23 PM

Surely the MX5 was rammed full of nigh on fifty albanian terrorists

Sir C
These are less than a centimetre long.

Fine. But it's not me you need to convince.

You know how you'll moan when they give you a bill.

Pat Vegas

:hehe: Or they do like a early 2000's VW.

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Fine. But it's not me you need to convince.

You know how you'll moan when they give you a bill.

Oh, ffs! So now I have to **** about with insurance companies? :-( *******s.

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Oh, ffs! So now I have to **** about with insurance companies? :-( *******s.

No, you need to check with your leasing company whether such small scratches fall within their definition of acceptable return condition.

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:30 PM

No. Just a rather harassed man called Neil. He seemed a bit upset as his pride and joy was all dented and cracked. Serves him right for driving a girl's car imo.

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:31 PM
No, you need to check with your leasing company whether such small scratches fall within their definition of acceptable return condition.

Oh, OK. I'll do that tomorrow, then. Cheers.

The Jorge
05-06-2016, 03:32 PM
No. Just a rather harassed man called Neil. He seemed a bit upset as his pride and joy was all dented and cracked. Serves him right for driving a girl's car imo.

Yes, I suspect Neil didnt get the memo about the mandatory vulva required to drive one.

Speaking of which, my OH has replaced here mandatory vulva car with a VW Eos, which is like a nice version of the Pasaaaat

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:33 PM

Driven hard, an MX5 is one of the most entertaining cars money can buy. Any money. The combination of relatively low power, lightness, proper old-fashioned rear wheel drive oversteer and skinny tyres makes the thing truly good fun at reasonably low speeds. But it looks like the conveyance of a steaming great pooftah. :-(

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Oh, OK. I'll do that tomorrow, then. Cheers.

Don't tell them someone hit you; themoment they hear that they'll demand that you claim. Just tell them you've noticed some small scratches...

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Yes, I suspect Neil didnt get the memo about the mandatory vulva required to drive one.

Speaking of which, my OH has replaced here mandatory vulva car with a VW Eos, which is like a nice version of the Pasaaaat

Nonsense. It lacks the gravitas of the Passat. It looks a bit squashed. Even so, it must be galling that your chick has a better car than you, no?

SWv2
05-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Driven hard, an MX5 is one of the most entertaining cars money can buy. Any money. The combination of relatively low power, lightness, proper old-fashioned rear wheel drive oversteer and skinny tyres makes the thing truly good fun at reasonably low speeds. But it looks like the conveyance of a steaming great pooftah. :-(

Driving is never fun unless you're on the dodgems.

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:36 PM

I was at the motor show when that was launched. It was on a turntable, slowly revolving, and I swear that after a couple of revolutions I couldn't work out which end was the front and which the back.

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:37 PM

Yes. But only people like you actually care about all that silly driving stuff. The rest of us are much more concerned about not looking like heemasexes. I'll bet there aren't any heemasexes with VW Passats. They're put off by its rugged manliness and clear heterosexuality.

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Driving is never fun unless you're on the dodgems.

Driving is lots of fun to millions of other people, sw. Your personal deficiencies in the Manly areas are for you to deal with.

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Yes. But only people like you actually care about all that silly driving stuff. The rest of us are much more concerned about not looking like heemasexes. I'll bet there aren't any heemasexes with VW Passats. They're put off by its rugged manliness and clear heterosexuality.

Yes, it's like you're over-compensating.

There's nothing wrong with it, b.

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Yes, it's like you're over-compensating.

There's nothing wrong with it, b.

I think the moral is clear. When a pooftah's car attempts to rear-end a proper man's car like the Passat, the Passat is not having it and the rear-ender will come away from the encounter very much the worse for wear.

SWv2
05-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Driving is lots of fun to millions of other people, sw. Your personal deficiencies in the Manly areas are for you to deal with.

Are you the type of person who will get in your car on a weekend and just “go for a drive”???

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Are you the type of person who will get in your car on a weekend and just “go for a drive”???

No.

You use buses, don't you?

Pat Vegas
05-06-2016, 03:43 PM

I quite enjoy it. Certain places I dread going to in the car but I like it. It's like a video game for me.

The Jorge
05-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Nonsense. It lacks the gravitas of the Passat. It looks a bit squashed. Even so, it must be galling that your chick has a better car than you, no?

:hehe: It's not my fault you have yet to be party to the magnificence of The Jag. I'm booking it into the body shop next week with my ******LOOOOLLLLL FRREEEEE MOONNEEEY ******* from the insurance people.

The Jorge
05-06-2016, 03:44 PM
Those things always remind me of The Homer.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/6/28/5/grid-cell-17338-1372412277-5.jpg

The Eos does have a very clever roof though, I'll give it that

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:45 PM

Do people still do that? I would have thought that the idea of driving for pleasure in this country went out with double-declutching and the canvas-backed driving glove?

SWv2
05-06-2016, 03:45 PM
No.

You use buses, don't you?

No actually, unless there is a Luas strike which is quite often these days.

SWv2
05-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Do people still do that? I would have thought that the idea of driving for pleasure in this country went out with double-declutching and the canvas-backed driving glove?

I think we both know "people" do.

Semi-Dutch white wine drinkers who also dye their hair.

Them.

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:47 PM

Trams. :-(

Sir C
05-06-2016, 03:49 PM

That's a form of public transport, is it?

Are you a homeless, sw?

SWv2
05-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Trams. :-(

A necessity I am afraid as part of the daily commute. A mere 10-15 minutes from St Stephens Green to Windy Arbour and then I drive from there in my motor in a manly fashion.

I have no fondness for driving, for me it is merely a factor of life in allowing me to get from A to B in order to facilitate C.

SWv2
05-06-2016, 03:52 PM
That's a form of public transport, is it?

Are you a homeless, sw?

Don't try and snob it up with me Fauntelroy. I have your number*.

*Not your actual number you understand

Burney
05-06-2016, 03:52 PM
A necessity I am afraid as part of the daily commute. A mere 10-15 minutes from St Stephens Green to Windy Arbour and then I drive from there in my motor in a manly fashion.

I have no fondness for driving, for me it is merely a factor of life in allowing me to get from A to B in order to facilitate C.

Sir C will not tolerate this argument. He gives me sad, pitying looks when I suggest that cars are simply tools and don't have souls.

SWv2
05-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Sir C will not tolerate this argument. He gives me sad, pitying looks when I suggest that cars are simply tools and don't have souls.

I laugh at bullies like him. Big gay bullies, if indeed there can be such a thing.

Burney
05-06-2016, 04:00 PM
I laugh at bullies like him. Big gay bullies, if indeed there can be such a thing.

There are. I've seen them in prison movies.

Ash
05-06-2016, 04:32 PM

I have occasionally taken the car for a stroll to stop it completely seizing up after a long time unused.

barrybueno
05-06-2016, 08:33 PM
You ain't no Jew bruv...

learn from Monty and clean up dude

ITSUPFORGRABSNOW
05-07-2016, 09:23 AM

They do large sacks of restaurant charcoal at my local farm shop. Lumpwood tends to slip through my Weber grate a lot though

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-07-2016, 09:32 AM
I know Wenger is getting a grilling but who is smoking?