PDA

View Full Version : May I be the first to break the news that Sadiq Khan has won

Sir C
05-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Tower Hamlets with 147% of the vote.

I bet some other bugger's already done that one.

Pat Vegas
05-05-2016, 11:50 AM
I have yet to decide who to vote for.

Looking through the list it's very underwhelming
cannabis is safer than alcohol, Why bother imo

Sir C
05-05-2016, 11:53 AM
I have yet to decide who to vote for.

Looking through the list it's very underwhelming
cannabis is safer than alcohol, Why bother imo

I agree, there's no one really inspiring, is there? I suppose one might consider that Mr Khan may have some issues with judgement, given that he proposed Jezbollah for the party leadership. The raving maniac.

SWv2
05-05-2016, 11:58 AM
I agree, there's no one really inspiring, is there? I suppose one might consider that Mr Khan may have some issues with judgement, given that he proposed Jezbollah for the party leadership. The raving maniac.

Does one not simply vote based on party, Conservative v Labour. Despite being largely immune to the whole thing I am aware that some election of sorts is happening though my understanding is that there really is only two runners??

Let's be honest, you (Sir C) are never in a million years going to vote Labour so surely your vote simply defaults to the super rich candidate?

Pat Vegas
05-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Normally I would stick my preferred party.
However in this circumstance I am trying to see which candidate would benefit me the most. (not that it really will)

building more homes in London for me isn't really a concern, they are not affordable anyway. even if they were I would get more for my money elsewhere.
However freezing travel fares is something that I like, (Mr Kahn)

On the other hand Freeze council tax for four years (Mr Goldsmith)

either way probably won't make a difference. what you save on frozen fares you will lose on increase council tax and vice versa.

TheCurly
05-05-2016, 12:05 PM
However in this circumstance I am trying to see which candidate would benefit me the most. (not that it really will)

building more homes in London for me isn't really a concern, they are not affordable anyway. even if they were I would get more for my money elsewhere.

either way probably won't make a difference. what you save on frozen fares you will lose on increase council tax and vice versa.

You vote for the one that will do the most good for London,not just yourself surely?

Sir C
05-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Does one not simply vote based on party, Conservative v Labour. Despite being largely immune to the whole thing I am aware that some election of sorts is happening though my understanding is that there really is only two runners??

Let's be honest, you (Sir C) are never in a million years going to vote Labour so surely your vote simply defaults to the super rich candidate?

Well, in this instance the Labour candidate is a jew-baiting loony-lefty, whilst the conservative candidate appears to lack any higher brain function whatsoever, so it's not much of a choice.

Trying to keep the Commie out is all I can do, I suppose. Sadly, parts of London are a rat's nest of the entitled, feckless indigent, so no doubt tomorrow morning the hammer and sickle and the black flag of ISIS will fly proudly over our once-great city, despite my efforts.

Pat Vegas
05-05-2016, 12:07 PM
sometimes one needs to be selfish.

That being said the Green party candidate may get my vote.

SWv2
05-05-2016, 12:07 PM

Won't make any difference as both will eventually lie to you. Khan won't freeze travel fares for the duration of his leadership nor will Goldsmith freeze council tax.

They all lie.

Pat Vegas
05-05-2016, 12:08 PM
I am only voting because the polling station is on the way home.

SWv2
05-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Well, in this instance the Labour candidate is a jew-baiting loony-lefty, whilst the conservative candidate appears to lack any higher brain function whatsoever, so it's not much of a choice.

Trying to keep the Commie out is all I can do, I suppose. Sadly, parts of London are a rat's nest of the entitled, feckless indigent, so no doubt tomorrow morning the hammer and sickle and the black flag of ISIS will fly proudly over our once-great city, despite my efforts.

Am I wrong in thinking the current incumbent to be a Tory so surely this is not a battle yet lost.

TheCurly
05-05-2016, 12:09 PM
I am only voting because the polling station is on the way home.

It's what Uncle Karl died for

Sir C
05-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Am I wrong in thinking the current incumbent to be a Tory so surely this is not a battle yet lost.

Boris is, indeed, the incumbent, but he's a force of nature. London is naturally Labour. Lots of foreigners, innit.

Pat Vegas
05-05-2016, 12:11 PM
It's what Uncle Karl died for

my household is full of his full works.

TheCurly
05-05-2016, 12:12 PM
my household is full of his full works.

Not that won F,uncle Karl in the concentration camp

TheCurly
05-05-2016, 12:16 PM
or was it Kurt? :-( Memory shot

Pat Vegas
05-05-2016, 12:19 PM

:hehe: Ok then I will walk around the block out of my way then vote.

Sir C
05-05-2016, 12:22 PM

:hehe: I think it was Kurt. 'Fell out of a watchtower at Auschwitz'.

Thon DRFC went proper mental, didn't he?

TheCurly
05-05-2016, 12:29 PM
:hehe: I think it was Kurt. 'Fell out of a watchtower at Auschwitz'.

Thon DRFC went proper mental, didn't he?

One of the best days ever on here :hehe:

Ash
05-05-2016, 12:53 PM
You vote for the one that will do the most good for London,not just yourself surely?

LOL

Curly, meet Pat Vegas.

Ash
05-05-2016, 12:57 PM

Except that he isn't, despite the vulgar smear campaign by Goldsmith.

There are about three far-right candidates for your A vote, so fill yer boots. :-)

Sir C
05-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Except that he isn't, despite the vulgar smear campaign by Goldsmith.

There are about three far-right candidates for your A vote, so fill yer boots. :-)

I am about as likely to vote for a far right candidate as I am for a far left candidate, as well you know.

Your vulgar smear campaign is beneath you.

Ash
05-05-2016, 01:16 PM
I am about as likely to vote for a far right candidate as I am for a far left candidate, as well you know.

Your vulgar smear campaign is beneath you.

My apologies, of course.

Though tbf George Osborne is far left, isn't he?

Sir C
05-05-2016, 01:17 PM
My apologies, of course.

Though tbf George Osborne is far left, isn't he?

Well I certainly wouldn't vote for that limp dick, that's for sure.

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 01:20 PM

In fairness, you need a chancellor who's good with fractions.

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/6/64/Osborne_trip.gif

TheCurly
05-05-2016, 01:23 PM
I am sorely tempted to draw a big cock and balls on my ballot this evening.Bunch of useless ****s

Ash
05-05-2016, 01:23 PM
In fairness, you need a chancellor who's good with fractions.

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/6/64/Osborne_trip.gif

Blimey. That reminds me how I used to have hours of fun with fractal generators and hallucinogens circa 1989.

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 01:26 PM
In case you were in any dout, it was indeed a sailboat.

Sadly this site doesnt let you embed vines but it's nice to see that the poor are not the only thing Gideon continues to hit hard. https://vine.co/v/ixj5tO3H1zp

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 01:28 PM
I am sorely tempted to draw a big cock and balls on my ballot this evening.Bunch of useless ****s

Could that not be taken as an endorsement of the UUP?

TheCurly
05-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Could that not be taken as an endorsement of the UUP?

I don't think they're running around my gaff,J
I know the DUP are and they don't do sexy time

Burney
05-05-2016, 01:41 PM

No. I have resolved that, should he ever become leader, I shall withhold my vote. I have voted for Major, Hague, Howard and Cameron, but I'm ****ed if I'll vote for that nasty piece of work.

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 01:47 PM
No. I have resolved that, should he ever become leader, I shall withhold my vote. I have voted for Major, Hague, Howard and Cameron, but I'm ****ed if I'll vote for that nasty piece of work.

Wait, what? He's too nasty to be a Tory leader?

I mean, pointing out the fact he's so incompetent he's missed almost every target he set himself whilst tripling the national debt I could understand but surely being a nasty, heartless ******* is sort of one of the first bulletpoints of the job description.

Burney
05-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Wait, what? He's too nasty to be a Tory leader?

I mean, pointing out the fact he's so incompetent he's missed almost every target he set himself whilst tripling the national debt I could understand but surely being a nasty, heartless ******* is sort of one of the first bulletpoints of the job description.

The need to do things that people like you think are nasty and heartless does not disqualify anyone from being Tory leader - indeed it's a recommendation. However, there is something profoundly unwholesome about Osborne. I think the man is actually a wrong'un. He also looks like the sort of oily little tick who ought to have been thoroughly bullied at school.

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 01:59 PM
The need to do things that people like you think are nasty and heartless does not disqualify anyone from being Tory leader - indeed it's a recommendation. However, there is something profoundly unwholesome about Osborne. I think the man is actually a wrong'un. He also looks like the sort of oily little tick who ought to have been thoroughly bullied at school.

But not Gove or Jacob Rees-Mogg, a man who looks like a tribute act to Walter the Softie from The Beano?

To quote Danny Dire "Ah just carnt get mar nut raahnd you mags"

Burney
05-05-2016, 02:12 PM
But not Gove or Jacob Rees-Mogg, a man who looks like a tribute act to Walter the Softie from The Beano?

To quote Danny Dire "Ah just carnt get mar nut raahnd you mags"

No. Gove is an extremely intelligent and able man who appears to possess both a spine and principles and is widely respected within his party. Rees-Mogg plays up to his rather silly image, but is actually rather witty and I'm told is actually very well liked on both sides of the house.

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 02:19 PM
I think the point still stands, they surely must both have had a tougher time at school than Limpy "Ginge" McInhaler.

Also, surely Gove made a massive mess, almost a complete Jeremy Hunt, of education and had to be taken out of the firing line and given something less taxing.

Burney
05-05-2016, 02:29 PM
I think the point still stands, they surely must both have had a tougher time at school than Limpy "Ginge" McInhaler.

Also, surely Gove made a massive mess, almost a complete Jeremy Hunt, of education and had to be taken out of the firing line and given something less taxing.

Not at all. Gove shook up the complacent, union-led schools system and introduced free schools - a more significant and positive development in public education than anything since the godawful comprehensive system was introduced.

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Not at all. Gove shook up the complacent, union-led schools system and introduced free schools - a more significant and positive development in public education than anything since the godawful comprehensive system was introduced.

Well I think it's debatable whether that's been a positive development. I mean, to me it just seems like them taking another free swing at a unionised profession - perhaps the softest union of all, given how much work teachers do - whilst at the same time flooging off billions of pounds worth of publicly owned assets to their friends and donors.

TheCurly
05-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Well I think it's debatable whether that's been a positive development. I mean, to me it just seems like them taking another free swing at a unionised profession - perhaps the softest union of all, given how much work teachers do - whilst at the same time flooging off billions of pounds worth of publicly owned assets to their friends and donors.

Hold on one minute! Is this not an episode of Boardwalk Empire?

Burney

The teaching unions have been among the most damaging in this country if you ask me. They have put the dead hand of their dogma on education and spent decades using this country's children as guinea pigs in their little political experiment and to hell with the damage they do. I honestly believe they ought to be utterly ashamed of themselves, so you won't hear me weeping for them.

The Jorge
No, it's more gangstery and the collars are starchier

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Well that would make some sense if the national curriculum wasnt a Tory policy in the first place and the whole idea of free schools (unqualified teachers, inexperienced staff and shocking levels of fraud and mismanagement) wasnt a far, far bigger use of children as guine pigs in a little political experiment.

Also, you do realise how much that post sounded like Major Misunderstanding, dont you?

http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-04-at-12.44.18.png

Burney
05-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Well that would make some sense if the national curriculum wasnt a Tory policy in the first place and the whole idea of free schools (unqualified teachers, inexperienced staff and shocking levels of fraud and mismanagement) wasnt a far, far bigger use of children as guine pigs in a little political experiment.

Also, you do realise how much that post sounded like Major Misunderstanding, dont you?

http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-04-at-12.44.18.png

There's nothing wrong with the National Curriculum per se - other than it becomes a political football for both sides. There is a huge amount wrong with non-selective comprehensive system.

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 02:54 PM
There's nothing wrong with the National Curriculum per se - other than it becomes a political football for both sides. There is a huge amount wrong with non-selective comprehensive system.

As somone who went to one, I can only agree. That said, the main problem wasnt that my teachers were a) qualified or b) a member of a union or c) technically employed by a local authority or an LEA.

It's hard to see beyond the fact they're forcing the firesale of public assets to people who just happen to be massive, massive party donors too.