PDA

View Full Version : I note Leicester are to be presented as champions this week, at home.

SWv2
05-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Is current protocol not that the presentation always occurs on the final day of the season irrespective of when victory is secured?

I expect that semi-German pervert to provide a listing for the last decade of when the league was won tabulated with when the trophy was handed over.

Pokster
05-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Is current protocol not that the presentation always occurs on the final day of the season irrespective of when victory is secured?

I expect that semi-German pervert to provide a listing for the last decade of when the league was won tabulated with when the trophy was handed over.

Didn't we get the trophy in '98 after we beat Everton even though we had 2 games left?

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 02:24 PM
I'm not 100% sure.As long as we collect these bad boys

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 02:30 PM
They should've had the trophy waiting outside Jamie Vardy's house party the other night, imo.

SWv2
05-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Didn't we get the trophy in '98 after we beat Everton even though we had 2 games left?

18 years ago you bald ****. Like I am really going to remember **** like that.

In any case I said "current protocol". I expect the PL are doing Leicester a nice wee touch here as we all know it is nice and cute and romantic that they won the league. ****s.

Pokster
05-04-2016, 02:33 PM
18 years ago you bald ****. Like I am really going to remember **** like that.

In any case I said "current protocol". I expect the PL are doing Leicester a nice wee touch here as we all know it is nice and cute and romantic that they won the league. ****s.

Are you OK, unexpected aggressive response from you... I expect it when you are talking to monty 92 but not me imo

Sir C
05-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Irish. He's been drinking.

SWv2
05-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Are you OK, unexpected aggressive response from you... I expect it when you are talking to monty 92 but not me imo

Yes, I apologise for that.

redgunamo

First home match after it's confirmed sounds about right, to me. Although, as you say, we need our Bavarian friend to adjudicate if we want to be really certain of the facts.

TheCurly

The couple I remember are Chelsea winning it at Bolton or some ****hole and being given it on their next home which was the last home game.Ditto City when they only won it on the last day.United I can't remember.

SWv2
05-04-2016, 02:42 PM
The couple I remember are Chelsea winning it at Bolton or some ****hole and being given it on their next home which was the last home game.Ditto City when they only won it on the last day.United I can't remember.

Quite sure the Invincibles had to wait a few games, surely one of which was at home.

For some reason I thought it had been decreed, perhaps by Sky even, that it had to be a last day job so they could make it super.

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Quite sure the Invincibles had to wait a few games, surely one of which was at home.

For some reason I thought it had been decreed, perhaps by Sky even, that it had to be a last day job so they could make it super.

Well,of course,we won it down the devil's gaff so they were hardly going to give it then.Birmingham home (from memory) was next and they didn't give it then either.**** it,let's just wait on LA

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-04-2016, 02:58 PM

Come on Pok, have a heart. We all get a little tetchy after a massive and public self ****ing do we not :-)

SWv2
05-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Come on Pok, have a heart. We all get a little tetchy after a massive and public self ****ing do we not :-)

I'm afraid my original query still stands. No self-****ing has occured.

Luis Anaconda
05-04-2016, 03:18 PM

Last home game of the season would appear to be the norm now - It is much dictated by Sky these days so there is no hard and fast rule. I suspect if Leicester were home on the last day it would have been then but not much mileage in it being given it to them at an emptying Stamford Bridge. I believe if it goes down to the last day they have more than one trophy knocking around so it can be presented at the right place

05-04-2016, 03:21 PM
In my memory they have always tried to present the trophy to the team that wins it, when they win it IF said team are at home.

Then again, stuff that happened ten years ago 'seems' like it happened two years ago to me :-(

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 03:27 PM
about the place as a fifteen year-old girl nowadays?

In my memory they have always tried to present the trophy to the team that wins it, when they win it IF said team are at home.

Then again, stuff that happened ten years ago 'seems' like it happened two years ago to me :-(

05-04-2016, 05:13 PM
about the place as a fifteen year-old girl nowadays?

Well, a few weeks back someone opined that the Wenger-outists were acting like petulant, fifteen year old girls so I changed my handle to reflect my support for the movement to rid us of the old has been.

Then the accounts for the new site got created and our nics were used rather than our registered user names so now I'm stuck. Rather like the old adage of the wind changing direction when there's a scowl on your face and you're stuck with it forever.