PDA

View Full Version : Huzzah, just booked 3 nights in the Lake District for the end of the month

Pokster
05-04-2016, 12:56 PM
now just pray for decent weather to keep the kids amused

Ash
05-04-2016, 12:57 PM
wd Pox. Wherabouts are you staying?

Mo Britain less Europe
05-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Have you watched The Lakes with john Simm in it?

The Jorge

:hehe: Optimism, there's no finer example than the english and their weather.

Sir C

That's where you live anyway you doughnut.

Pokster
05-04-2016, 01:02 PM
wd Pox. Wherabouts are you staying?

Cottage in Helton, not far from Ullswater... left it a bit late to get anything very close

Pokster
05-04-2016, 01:03 PM
That's where you live anyway you doughnut.

Because it is outisde the M25 it's not all the same you know... aren't you heading up this way agian soon?

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Cottage in Helton, not far from Ullswater... left it a bit late to get anything very close

Are you meeting Monty up there?

https://45.media.tumblr.com/bff76fc586b432bb2375d64b1b65815e/tumblr_ngu3fjjVfm1rrjqbqo1_400.gif

I cant go to The Lakes without the quoting, it puts the Mrs off a bit

Pokster
05-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Have you watched The Lakes with john Simm in it?

no.. any good?

Sir C
05-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Because it is outisde the M25 it's not all the same you know... aren't you heading up this way agian soon?

June, for a week.

Rented this place in my absolute favouritist bit:

http://www.littlelangdalecottage.co.uk/

Ash
05-04-2016, 01:07 PM

Oh. Have they fixed Pooley Bridge yet after the floods? If not you're basically stuck out there, no?

Pokster
05-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Oh. Have they fixed Pooley Bridge yet after the floods? If not you're basically stuck out there, no?

They have a temp' structure in place so should be ok

Ash
05-04-2016, 01:10 PM
http://www.littlelangdalecottage.co.uk/

Nice.

5 more characters

Sir C
05-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Nice.

5 more characters

Isn't it time you paid a visit? Hmm?

Right by Slaters Bridge, a. I'm all sorts of in love with Slaters Bridge.

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 01:17 PM

Are you sure that's not The Shire Sir C?

Ash
05-04-2016, 01:19 PM

Haven't stayed there for many years. Trouble is, done all the fells now round there innit?

Mostly have to stay a little bit round the edges if we're going to finish of all the Wainwrights. Next stay will probably be near Lake Bassenthwaite.

Ash
05-04-2016, 01:20 PM

Yes, I was expecting to see Gandalf and some Hobbitses on that bridge.

Sir C
05-04-2016, 01:22 PM

I'm trying to persuade V that we should stay up all night at the bridge one night, for I am sure we shall see elves and pixies cavorting thereon. 'Tis magickal, c.

Sir C
05-04-2016, 01:22 PM
Haven't stayed there for many years. Trouble is, done all the fells now round there innit?

Mostly have to stay a little bit round the edges if we're going to finish of all the Wainwrights. Next stay will probably be near Lake Bassenthwaite.

Also, I've just checked, and Ocado don't deliver there :-(

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Yes, I was expecting to see Gandalf and some Hobbitses on that bridge.

:nod: The boul Sam throwing into Rosie Cotton in the daisy field

Ash
05-04-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm trying to persuade V that we should stay up all night at the bridge one night, for I am sure we shall see elves and pixies cavorting thereon. 'Tis magickal, c.

I spent the night in Castlerigg stone circle once, long ago. I did see some wierd ****, but that was probably just the drugs.

Sir C
05-04-2016, 01:35 PM
I spent the night in Castlerigg stone circle once, long ago. I did see some wierd ****, but that was probably just the drugs.

A friend of mine tells me I MUST stay in priesthole, but that it's hard to reach,

I'm also worried that someone else might have the same idea. I'm not sharing a cave with an ordinary person, no way sir.

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 01:36 PM
A friend of mine tells me I MUST stay in priesthole, but that it's hard to reach,

I'm also worried that someone else might have the same idea. I'm not sharing a cave with an ordinary person, no way sir.

Just phone reception and asked to be put through to reservations imo

Sir C
05-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Just phone reception and asked to be put through to reservations imo

Well if they're going to have such magical caves, it's only right that there should be a bookable cave. With a marble bathroom. And room service.

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Well if they're going to have such magical caves, it's only right that there should be a bookable cave. With a marble bathroom. And room service.

In all seriousness,it looks spectacular up there...Mrs C has been hounding me to take her to 3 places she has never been to a/Ring of Kerry b/St Ives and c/Lake District.Kerry is being organised as we speak.

Sir C
05-04-2016, 01:45 PM
In all seriousness,it looks spectacular up there...Mrs C has been hounding me to take her to 3 places she has never been to a/Ring of Kerry b/St Ives and c/Lake District.Kerry is being organised as we speak.

I loved the Ring of Kerry but haven't been for 15 years, I reckon. There was a grand fine hotel called the Europe, Europa? Jolly charming.

St Ives is as dull as **** and full of Englishmen :shudder:

Ash has all the Lake District info. The man is like an encyclopedia of the Lake District.

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 01:53 PM
St Ives is on her list Sir C and my life wouldn't be worth living if I erased it :-( .Oh and she wants the Orient Express for her 50th although I believe that costs 12 million pounds or nearabouts

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 01:53 PM
wife and I are going to make a midnight run for it, leave the little *******s to their own devices.

Not saying where we're going, mind :rubchin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HASYL4JWwBU

Sir C
05-04-2016, 01:54 PM
St Ives is on her list Sir C and my life wouldn't be worth living if I erased it :-( .Oh and she wants the Orient Express for her 50th although I believe that costs 12 million pounds or nearabouts

Jaysus man, the Orient Express would bankrupt King Solomon himself. (Although I believe you can do a day trip on it, just Victoria to Dover and back maybe?)

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Jaysus man, the Orient Express would bankrupt King Solomon himself. (Although I believe you can do a day trip on it, just Victoria to Dover and back maybe?)

Nope...the good lady deserves the whole shebang.Was about 7 grand a head the last I priced it and I've a bit of redundancy money tucked away so hey ho!

Sir C
05-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Nope...the good lady deserves the whole shebang.Was about 7 grand a head the last I priced it and I've a bit of redundancy money tucked away so hey ho!

:clap: wd c, enjoy it come the day.

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 02:00 PM

Have you considered National Express, London Victoria to Chelmsford? Very reasonable, so I gather.

And equally romantic.

Yes :-|

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Have you considered National Express, London Victoria to Chelmsford? Very reasonable, so I gather.

And equally romantic.

Yes :-|

I was on a National Express once,r.Never again.Gatwick to Victoria in only 3 hours :-(

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 02:10 PM

Right. That's the way to think of it; the dollies deserve it.

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 02:10 PM
I was on a National Express once,r.Never again.Gatwick to Victoria in only 3 hours :-(

looooooooooooooooooool

:-(

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Right. That's the way to think of it; the dollies deserve it.

Well she has given one wonderful child and another one