PDA

View Full Version : I've just had a LinkedIn request from an "Inspirational Entrepeneur"

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Do you get the feeling that this bloke doesnt really know I'm perhaps not his target audience?

Seiously though "Inspirational Entrepeneur", he even describes himself further down as a "visionary creative thinker".

We need to weed these people out, they're a cancer on our existence.

IUFG
05-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Shirley he meant "insufferable ****"

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 09:16 AM

Short of a facial tattoo he couldnt make it any more obvious, could he?

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Do you get the feeling that this bloke doesnt really know I'm perhaps not his target audience?

Seiously though "Inspirational Entrepeneur", he even describes himself further down as a "visionary creative thinker".

I think most of them are the charlatans that hid undetected for so long in the ecommerce marketing space and are now being driven out.

My company has begun actually scrutinising some of their test data and finding it, frequently, to be faked.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Short of a facial tattoo he couldnt make it any more obvious, could he?

I thought IUFG meant you J :-)

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 09:33 AM
I think most of them are the charlatans that hid undetected for so long in the ecommerce marketing space and are now being driven out.

My company has begun actually scrutinising some of their test data and finding it, frequently, to be faked.

I trust you'll strike them down with Herbie's Vengeful Hammer/Spanner of Justice. What actually is it you do now, H, are you also a visionay entrepeneur, a thought leader or a growth maven?

Pat Vegas
05-04-2016, 09:56 AM

Sorry about that brother I will delete the request immediately.

IUFG
05-04-2016, 10:19 AM
I have just had one from a 'Director of Think Tank'.

Jesus Wept. Only in a capital city, could a job like that actually exist.

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 10:26 AM
:-) Yes, though I do find fink tanks utterly fascinating and have worked with/for a few myself.

SWv2
05-04-2016, 11:49 AM
:-) Yes, though I do find fink tanks utterly fascinating and have worked with/for a few myself.

Genuine LOL moment.

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Genuine LOL moment.

Why's that, man? Think tanks are a strange kind of place where government, academia, lobbying and campaigning sort of come together. The result is a weird sort of thought/policy/ideology fashion monster that, when done well, can be massively influential.

Ash
05-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Why's that, man? Think tanks are a strange kind of place where government, academia, lobbying and campaigning sort of come together. The result is a weird sort of thought/policy/ideology fashion monster that, when done well, can be massively influential.

Policy wonks :-(

IUFG
05-04-2016, 12:08 PM
I suspect these will usually be full of public sector, yoghurt weaving, ****s with too much time on their hands.

Still, while there is government funding for it, weave away . . .

Ash
05-04-2016, 12:12 PM
I suspect these will usually be full of public sector, yoghurt weaving, ****s with too much time on their hands.

An industry of law-adders which, by virtue of the new laws it keeps adding, creates new precedents which require more laws, and more work and more money and so it goes on. The bureacracy expands to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 12:20 PM

Oh yes, back in the day it was like that. Now you have places like the Adam Smith Institute and the Policy Exchange pumping out all sorts of free-market *******s tailored specifically for the hard-of-thinking and harder of heart in government creating a nice echo chamber of mindless, discredited free-market mentalism.

Fashion see

IUFG
05-04-2016, 12:23 PM
As long as my taxed, Queen's Heads keep putting canapes on their meeting tables . . . who am I to complain?

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 12:38 PM
An industry of law-adders which, by virtue of the new laws it keeps adding, creates new precedents which require more laws, and more work and more money and so it goes on. The bureacracy expands to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.

You're becoming quite the quiet libertarian on the sly, arent you? Are you going to start arguing that taxation is theft next?

Ash
05-04-2016, 12:54 PM
You're becoming quite the quiet libertarian on the sly, arent you? Are you going to start arguing that taxation is theft next?

Left-libertarian, yes. No reason to love a bloated, self-serving petit-bourgeois state thieving the fruits of the toil of the workers!

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Left-libertarian, yes. No reason to love a bloated, self-serving petit-bourgeois state thieving the fruits of the toil of the workers!

OK, I'll let you off. I'm pretty much the same. Though I do think we need to find places for those with minds too good for the factory floor.

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 02:39 PM

Is it Stone Cold Steve Austin?