PDA

View Full Version : how would our collection of assorted pansies respond to being managed by Simeone

IUFG
05-04-2016, 07:31 AM
and Burgos?

I'm sure 99% of them would curl up and cry in the corner.

Sir C
05-04-2016, 07:54 AM
and Burgos?

Yes, I suspect they would, because they are, in the main, a group of individual footballers chosen for, amongst other things, their intelligence. An intelligent man knows what the acceptance of thuggery does to humanity.

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 07:59 AM
and Burgos?

Both of those teams last night showed the best and worst of modern football.From the showing imaginary cards to diving to badgering the referee at every oppurtunity and the tremendous fitness levels and skillz.Large parts of the game annoyed me.

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Yes, I suspect they would, because they are, in the main, a group of individual footballers chosen for, amongst other things, their intelligence. An intelligent man knows what the acceptance of thuggery does to humanity.

I'm not an intelligent man, of course, but I do think thuggery can be a useful tool. Especially if it's under control and used to one's advantage.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-04-2016, 08:06 AM

I see Ostrich Watch has you on early shift C. How on earth do they get a saggy livered old roué like you out of bed so early?

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 08:07 AM
and Burgos?

They'd love it, I reckon. Players always try to adapt to whatever it is their manager wants from them. Ultimately, it is all about results, and if the manager promised them improvement, success, they'd be all up for it.

Luis Anaconda
05-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Both of those teams last night showed the best and worst of modern football.From the showing imaginary cards to diving to badgering the referee at every oppurtunity and the tremendous fitness levels and skillz.Large parts of the game annoyed me.

Best of all Bayern lost :cool:

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Best of all Bayern lost :cool:

Yes, this is is the principal, important thing to keep in mind.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-04-2016, 08:12 AM
They'd love it, I reckon.

The players might; the board however. Imagine their revulsion at some feral looking spaniard who speaks no English and would probably serve a cheap Rioja with a boeuf bourguignon ( on the only day of the week he wasn't scoffing paella and chips).

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 08:13 AM

Chelsea v Spurs the other night was rather good on that score too.

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 08:15 AM
The players might; the board however. Imagine their revulsion at some feral looking spaniard who speaks no English and would probably serve a cheap Rioja with a boeuf bourguignon ( on the only day of the week he wasn't scoffing paella and chips).

Simeone as manager with Arsene as DoF, his boss? :-|

SWv2
05-04-2016, 08:19 AM

Are you suggesting the AM players are lacking in intelligence?

Can't say I noticed a whole pile of thuggery either.

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 08:47 AM

Simone punched the 4th official on the arm.right on the BCG

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 08:48 AM

It's merely a pointed insult, I think. Nobody believes that.

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 08:49 AM

Right on the Boston Consulting Group, eh. Painful.

TheCurly
05-04-2016, 09:04 AM

Punching kids on the BCG was a thing in my school :-( Especially the kids that had the bad lime greeny puss reaction :-(

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 09:07 AM
:nod: It was a rite of passage in mine, they used to twist your arm round and all pile in on the thing. Flying elbows, the lot.

Luis Anaconda
05-04-2016, 09:12 AM

In my experience anything to do with the Boston Consulting Group was painful

Shower of *******s to a man (and bird - don't want to be sexist), r

Luis Anaconda
05-04-2016, 09:15 AM

Their passing last night lacked intelligence - think they got away with murder really. The lad at the end - easy pass out wide to keep the ball in injury time or try to thread the ball through the eye of a needle to Torres. Jesus wept.

A big fan of Atletico but I think yesterday was as much about Bayern's failings than their strengths

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 09:15 AM
In my experience anything to do with the Boston Consulting Group was painful

Shower of *******s to a man (and bird - don't want to be sexist), r

Painful? Surely that's little More Than a Feeling

IUFG
05-04-2016, 09:16 AM
get back in one of your four boxes, la

SWv2
05-04-2016, 09:16 AM

I have seen bigger punches in Aldi on a Thursday morning when the weekly specials go on sale.

IUFG
05-04-2016, 09:18 AM
You shop in Aldi? At weekly specials time? :sherlock:

redgunamo
05-04-2016, 09:18 AM
Their passing last night lacked intelligence - think they got away with murder really. The lad at the end - easy pass out wide to keep the ball in injury time or try to thread the ball through the eye of a needle to Torres. Jesus wept.

A big fan of Atletico but I think yesterday was as much about Bayern's failings than their strengths

Apparently they've been getting away with that sort of thing all season. Fairplay to them.

SWv2
05-04-2016, 09:23 AM

There was a minor degree of late-on panic as they were minutes away from CL glory. That loss of possession you mention, I think Martinez took the ball from Torres toe, was perhaps naive but equally so an attempt at positive play.

SWv2
05-04-2016, 09:25 AM
You shop in Aldi? At weekly specials time? :sherlock:

I used to work 4-5 doors down from one in a rough area of Dublin. There would be queues of a Thursday, a finely balanced but I expect highly combustible mix of off-duty athletes and enormously huge ‘Polish’ types.

Luis Anaconda
05-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Painful? Surely that's little More Than a Feeling

I'm so glad that is the only Boston song I know. There would be no Peace of Mind if I knew more

Luis Anaconda
05-04-2016, 09:26 AM
get back in one of your four boxes, la

AAaaaaaaaaaaagh

Tony C
05-04-2016, 11:07 AM
It's a different world today...

The days of producing legendary youngsters like Keane, Vieira and Adams with that true footballing spirit and leadership stamped all over their dna is long gone.

Replaced by hipsters and the pc brigade.

Kids like Theo and Jack for instance....

That's why teams with old school traditions are succeeded...Leicester with players like Vardy embracing the dream and Simeone and Ponchentino with their brutal old school training and management.

Personally think Simeone would kick the sh t into our lot....but will they survive? They are far too hipstery and injury prone to last out long....

SWv2
05-04-2016, 11:13 AM
It's a different world today...

The days of producing legendary youngsters like Keane, Vieira and Adams with that true footballing spirit and leadership stamped all over their dna is long gone.

Replaced by hipsters and the pc brigade.

Kids like Theo and Jack for instance....

That's why teams with old school traditions are succeeded...Leicester with players like Vardy embracing the dream and Simeone and Ponchentino with their brutal old school training and management.

Personally think Simeone would kick the sh t into our lot....but will they survive? They are far too hipstery and injury prone to last out long....

Awimb etiquette states that you cannot use ‘hipster’ in a football or media related comment without at least one dig at Jorge.

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Awimb etiquette states that you cannot use ‘hipster’ in a football or media related comment without at least one dig at Jorge.

:nod: standards, SW.

As I'm the only person here who *actually* like football I shall take such brickbats with the grace and dignity associated with the Jorge brand.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Sink or swim imo

I suspect Kos and Cech would be ok