PDA

View Full Version : Indianmusicimb

TheCurly
05-03-2016, 09:57 AM
So,someone thought it a good idea to book me to do the music for an Indian birthday party :-( A dry birthday party :-( :-(
My sum knowledge of Indian music is the White Album.What the diddly **** am I going to do?

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 10:00 AM
So,someone thought it a good idea to book me to do the music for an Indian birthday party :-( A dry birthday party :-( :-(
My sum knowledge of Indian music is the White Album.What the diddly **** am I going to do?

Bhangra House is your friend here, I reckon.

Whatever it may be :shrug:

IUFG
05-03-2016, 10:02 AM
put one of the Bollywood films channels on Sky, record the screeching and put it on a loop for 5 hours and piss off to the pub imo

TheCurly
05-03-2016, 10:04 AM
I assume they all play air sitar on the dancefloor?

SWv2
05-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Stick Brimful of Asha on a loop and **** off to a pub.

Sir C
05-03-2016, 10:08 AM

Dry? **** that, how can you be expected to spin the wheels of steel unlubricated?

Are they aware that alcohol is an important part of your religious identity?

Burney
05-03-2016, 10:14 AM

I should have thought the possibilities for causing huge cultural offence could be massive here. To you or me it might sound like your bog-standard Indian twangy music, but to them it could be a deadly offence as it comes from the wrong religious or cultural background and you'll basically start a war.

IUFG
05-03-2016, 10:15 AM
now, that is how to get a party started where there is no alcohol.

TheCurly
05-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Dry? **** that, how can you be expected to spin the wheels of steel unlubricated?

Are they aware that alcohol is an important part of your religious identity?

Not only is it a part of my identity it is my human right to get pished when and where I please.Still,their mem sahibs are quite the lookers

SWv2
05-03-2016, 10:18 AM
You could just open up with Art School to test the waters.

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Sorted, stick this on repeat, job done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgbcyfJgfQ

TheCurly
05-03-2016, 10:20 AM
I was thinking of Stiff Little Finger's live version of Running Bear

7sisters
05-03-2016, 10:50 AM

Ravi Shanker, Best Of.. or something along those lines. Perhaps speed it up here and there with a bit of M.I.A.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 11:24 AM
F*ck the music. It is the "dry" that is really irritating?

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-03-2016, 07:40 PM
I should have thought the possibilities for causing huge cultural offence could be massive here. To you or me it might sound like your bog-standard Indian twangy music, but to them it could be a deadly offence as it comes from the wrong religious or cultural background and you'll basically start a war.

Oh do **** off, Berni, there's a good chap.

I mean, it's not like Bollywood - the source of all the music they like - isn't run by muzzie gangsters who employ a disproportionately large number of muzzie stars yet it's all lapped up by Hindus of every single ****ing caste and tribe, and Sikhs and Buddhists and Xtians and Jains and Parsis etc etc.

Fair enough having a dig where it's true :cough women's rights cough: but don't suggest one of the few things that unifies them - Bollywood songs - actually causes them to go all hackey, bomby or genocidal.

It doesn't.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-03-2016, 07:41 PM
My missus really like this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2QEIn-NfME

Dil Kanch sa from the film Hate Story.

[Not a love story. Geddit? Bollywood wit, that is.]