PDA

View Full Version : Not to go all modd but it would be rather nice if we could finish 2nd now

Pat Vegas
05-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Hit them when they are down.

'even when we are **** we still could finish higher than you'

Let's do it :cloud9: and it would be something nice in an otherwise crap season for us. (not getting carried away with this in a sad way) still a pour season but would love to hit them when they are down.

Sir C
05-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Hit them when they are down.

'even when we are **** we still could finish higher than you'

Let's do it :cloud9: and it would be something nice in an otherwise crap season for us. (not getting carried away with this in a sad way) still a pour season but would love to hit them when they are down.

Here's the thing, you see; it's accepted wisdom that we have had our worst season in years and are ****, but that Spurs are amazing and their manager a genius.

They're 3 points better off than us. 3 points is apparently the difference between genius and full-on r'tard.

Go, as they say, figure.

Pat Vegas
05-03-2016, 09:47 AM
I didn't fall for the Spurs hype. The whole league is pretty poor that's why Leicester are the champions.

Sir C
05-03-2016, 09:50 AM
I didn't fall for the Spurs hype. The whole league is pretty poor that's why Leicester are the champions.

Or perhaps the majority of the league is pretty good and that's why the usual suspects haven't had things all their own way. I'm not sure, but it is, I think, a possibility.

Burney
05-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Or perhaps the majority of the league is pretty good and that's why the usual suspects haven't had things all their own way. I'm not sure, but it is, I think, a possibility.

I don't wish to carp, but aren't Leicester now backed by a ****load of Thai cash?

What I'm saying is that them knocking the big boys off their perch may not be quite as shocking as is being suggested, as they're not quite the two-bob minnows they're being made out to be.

I don't know why, but I seem to have used a lot of fish references in this post.

IUFG
05-03-2016, 09:59 AM
what with their bit of financial sleight of hand in the Championship, and all. . .

I read that, bizarrely, if Lester got relegated they could be facing a points deduction from the football league.

SWv2
05-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Here's the thing, you see; it's accepted wisdom that we have had our worst season in years and are ****, but that Spurs are amazing and their manager a genius.

I think the accepted wisdom is more that this season represented, in the face of other big clubs struggling, our best or most realistic chance in over a decade to win the title. Also to remember that successive cup wins were sold to us as a team learning to win a trophy and a stepping stone to bigger and better success.

Which we failed on.

The annoyance and frustration borne from the above has caused recent issues with supporters.

In terms of worst season for years I honestly haven’t seen that bandied around much. I’m not sure either how stats would bear it out for those who like to use them.

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 10:02 AM
still a pour season but would love to hit them when they are down.

Poor salt over their wounds, do you mean?

Sir C
05-03-2016, 10:06 AM
I don't wish to carp, but aren't Leicester now backed by a ****load of Thai cash?

What I'm saying is that them knocking the big boys off their perch may not be quite as shocking as is being suggested, as they're not quite the two-bob minnows they're being made out to be.

I don't know why, but I seem to have used a lot of fish references in this post.

It's a bit of a cod theory, but doesn't the new TV cash mean that all clubs are dining on oysters and lobsters at present?

To be honest, I'm floundering a bit here.

Pat Vegas
05-03-2016, 10:07 AM
:nod: and if possible squeeze some lemon on them.

apart from Leicester winning I just thought how strange they will now be in the Champions league. When probably qualifying for that alone would have been achievement in itself.

SWv2
05-03-2016, 10:09 AM

apart from Leicester winning I just thought how strange they will now be in the Champions league. When probably qualifying for that alone would have been achievement in itself.

Are they seeded now as champions of the one of the elite leagues?

Pat Vegas
05-03-2016, 10:10 AM
That's a question for someone like LA.

Rich
05-03-2016, 10:11 AM

Not just that, they will also be our number one seeds in the CL.

And they will still fail to qualify from their group.

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2016, 10:12 AM
Are they seeded now as champions of the one of the elite leagues?

They are indeed.

Watch them get Dormund, Sevilla and Celtic now

IUFG
Yes, apparently

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10214759/leicester-to-be-placed-in-top-pot-for-champions-league-draw-if-they-win-premier-league

redgunamo
It's a bit of a cod theory, but doesn't the new TV cash mean that all clubs are dining on oysters and lobsters at present?

Yes, but Spurs still mustn't be allowed to knock us off our perch. #1teaminlondon

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2016, 10:14 AM

:nod: Did love one bloke on the BBC ranting on about how this showed the foreign billionaires who it was done, proud to be British etc etc

I wonder if their owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha is one of the Crawley Srivaddhanaprabhas

SWv2
05-03-2016, 10:15 AM
They are indeed.

Watch them get Dormund, Sevilla and Celtic now

Indeed, I seem to recall a mooted change to how the seeding calculations were being done, a change which would erode some of our power based on many successive years qualifying and in turn award the champions (in the case of City who in the past would have been lowly placed).

Fair enough really, it being the "champions" league and all that.

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Indeed, I seem to recall a mooted change to how the seeding calculations were being done, a change which would erode some of our power based on many successive years qualifying and in turn award the champions (in the case of City who in the past would have been lowly placed).

Fair enough really, it being the "champions" league and all that.
Yes - that was why we were second seeds this year and got Bayern. Can't really escape a big team anymore

Burney
05-03-2016, 10:19 AM
:nod: Did love one bloke on the BBC ranting on about how this showed the foreign billionaires who it was done, proud to be British etc etc

I wonder if their owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha is one of the Crawley Srivaddhanaprabhas

Yeah. Still, since Joe Lewis is the only British billionaire on the scene, thank **** for foreign wons imo.

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 10:27 AM
what with their bit of financial sleight of hand in the Championship, and all. . .

I read that, bizarrely, if Lester got relegated they could be facing a points deduction from the football league.

Yes but as they're in the PL they have DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!

Seriously though, they wont want to ruin the fairytale by doing anything, will they?

IUFG
05-03-2016, 10:33 AM
correct, the FL have no jurisdiction over Lester (at the moment)...

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Yeah. Still, since Joe Lewis is the only British billionaire on the scene, thank **** for foreign wons imo.

A very good point

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2016, 10:39 AM

I think it is all to do with the TV money in England and Whales* being shared between the clubs whereas in other countries the big clubs flex their mussels and are simply more shellfish

*I know, I know

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 10:42 AM
I think it is all to do with the TV money in England and Whales* being shared between the clubs whereas in other countries the big clubs flex their mussels and are simply more shellfish

*I know, I know

The minnows need to know their plaice, imo.

TheCurly
05-03-2016, 10:43 AM
The minnows need to know their plaice, imo.

Blue whale

Sir C
05-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Blue whale

Is this your sole contribution to the matter?

TheCurly
05-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Is this your sole contribution to the matter?

I've haddock with all these puns

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 10:48 AM
I've haddock with all these puns

They're making me feel quite eel.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Sounds like a case for :spendsamfarkinmarney: ;-)

TheCurly
05-03-2016, 11:09 AM
They're making me feel quite eel.

Oh for goodness hake

Burney
05-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Oh for goodness hake

But the Football League could still haddock Leicester points

TheCurly
05-03-2016, 11:15 AM
But the Football League could still haddock Leicester points

:nod: Knock them off their perch

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 11:22 AM
:nod: Knock them off their perch

"Your men will fall by the swordfish; your heroes, the fighting fish, as the man said.

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 12:12 PM

I believe it's pronounced Victor Shreeves

7sisters
05-03-2016, 01:24 PM

They're 3 points better off than us. 3 points is apparently the difference between genius and full-on r'tard.

Go, as they say, figure.

Perhaps because our manager has had twenty years and continues to trip over the same chairs, whereas theirs has managed to put in a better campaign in his second year :shrug:

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Yeah, it was nowhere near as good as Arsene's second year though

7sisters
05-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Yeah, it was nowhere near as good as Arsene's second year though

Indeed. The early years, like early albums, are usually the best.