PDA

View Full Version : Anyway, more important matters - Game of Thrones. Spoilers, obvs

Burney
05-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Jon Snow waking up - :yawn: Worst cocktease ever. We all knew it was obviously going to happen, so why piss about pretending otherwise for two episodes? The giant smashing that bloke against the wall was good, though.

Roose Bolton dying - very disappointing. Can't believe for a second he'd have been killed that easily. Would have been better if it had been the other way around, as Ramsay's psychopathy is all becoming a bit predictable now. Although feeding Fat Walda and her baby to the dogs was top bantz.

Bran might get slightly interesting if he does more going back in time to see what went on and less sitting around in the snow doing **** all. However, I'm not holding my breath.

Arya needs to stop being blind. It's boring now.

What was the point of unchaining the dragons if you aren't going to let them out? Also, how are they supposed to get out of that tiny door? Is there a retractable roof?

Cersei, Jaime and Frankenmountain need to start ****ing the High Sparrow and his mates up good and proper. Also, what is the point of Tommen any more?

The death of Balon Grayjoy - meh. The Ironborn are a bit dull, really. Also, I can't see them regarding a cockless Theon with any great enthusiasm, so I don't know what he thinks he's doing going back there.

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Jon Snow waking up - :yawn: Worst cocktease ever. We all knew it was obviously going to happen, so why piss about pretending otherwise for two episodes? The giant smashing that bloke against the wall was good, though.

Roose Bolton dying - very disappointing. Can't believe for a second he'd have been killed that easily. Would have been better if it had been the other way around, as Ramsay's psychopathy is all becoming a bit predictable now. Although feeding Fat Walda and her baby to the dogs was top bantz.

Bran might get slightly interesting if he does more going back in time to see what went on and less sitting around in the snow doing **** all. However, I'm not holding my breath.

What was the point of unchaining the dragons if you aren't going to let them out? Also, how are they supposed to get out of that tiny door? Is there a retractable roof?

Cersei, Jaime and Frankenmountain need to start ****ing the High Sparrow and his mates up good and proper. Also, what is the point of Tommen any more?

The death of Balon Grayjoy - meh. The Ironborn are a bit dull, really. Also, I can't see them regarding a cockless Theon with any great enthusiasm, so I don't know what he thinks he's doing going back there.

Theo's not going to get back in time for the King's Moot, is he? Quite liking the other Greyjoys though, Euron and Mint Aero.

Arya's sorted, Jaquen'll sort her right out now. Presumably the dragons are going to be let out to hilarious consequences like in the book.

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Did you enjoy it though, b?

Although can't really argue with most of those points. I actually thought Roose would kill Ramsey - far more interesting character imo

Billy Goat Sverige
05-03-2016, 08:51 AM

The Wun Wun bit was ace :hehe:

Also was a bit weird having Davos ask Mel to bring back John. Would've made more sense if Ed did it.

Burney
05-03-2016, 08:54 AM
Theo's not going to get back in time for the King's Moot, is he? Quite liking the other Greyjoys though, Euron and Mint Aero.

Arya's sorted, Jaquen'll sort her right out now. Presumably the dragons are going to be let out to hilarious consequences like in the book.

The Grayjoys are a bit of a backwater, though. Although I like the fact that Euron is completely mental, tbf.

Hopefully, there'll be more dragons burning people action and less tedious Daenaerys action. I have come to absolutely hate the Daenaerys storyline. It's been immeasurably improved by getting rid of her and putting Tyrion and Varys there.

Burney
05-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Did you enjoy it though, b?

Although can't really argue with most of those points. I actually thought Roose would kill Ramsey - far more interesting character imo

Oh, yes. It was all good fun. I'm assuming they're going to get things moving forward a bit in the next episode, having spent the last two culling characters and establishing new plot lines.

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2016, 08:57 AM

Surely he'll turn up, stamp his feet and scream loudly until he's in his "proper" position as king and then be utterly ineffective

Luis Anaconda
05-03-2016, 08:59 AM
Oh, yes. It was all good fun. I'm assuming they're going to get things moving forward a bit in the next episode, having spent the last two culling characters and establishing new plot lines.

Yep - the last season started off slowly as well I seem to recall. Tyron and the dragons will be ace

Burney
05-03-2016, 08:59 AM
Surely he'll turn up, stamp his feet and scream loudly until he's in his "proper" position as king and then be utterly ineffective

I think Theon may be a rather changed character since those days, tbf. Being tortured, brainwashed and emasculated has probably taught him some humility.

Sir C
05-03-2016, 09:00 AM

No boobies :-(

Burney
05-03-2016, 09:01 AM
No boobies :-(

Ah, so you are watching it, then? There were boobies last week, tbf. Although that all went a bit grim. :-(

Burney
05-03-2016, 09:02 AM

Also was a bit weird having Davos ask Mel to bring back John. Would've made more sense if Ed did it.

Yeah, it's hard to make out where Davos fits in now that Stannis is dead.

Sir C
05-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Ah, so you are watching it, then? There were boobies last week, tbf. Although that all went a bit grim. :-(

Yes, I couldn't wait, in the end.

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Though Montezombie came close

Burney
05-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Though Montezombie came close

I really hope someone gives the the High Sparrow a properly messy end. He is such a pious, lefty **** I can't wait for him to get horribly killed by The Mountain.

Ash
05-03-2016, 03:33 PM

I thought there was a possibility that the whole 'coming back' thing might have been the tease. There was as much chance of him waking up during the procedure as Arsenal beating Swansea at home. I hope they haven't all gone and kiled themselves in despair.

Yeah, Roose was the more interesting. Ramsay's a bit one-dimensional. Especially all the back-heels.

He should be doing more of this. It's what he's spent the entire story so far leading up to, after all, and without that story everyone would be asking 'who the hell is he and how did he get there?'. He will presumably find out the truth that John Sner is a Targ, and not a ******* after all.

Not until she whups the Waif with the willow.

I presume they'll be getting out the same way as they got in.

Harsh on Tommy. He's just made his first decision and order, after all. Though if you are going to run a gaff through a puppet you need the actual puppet.

I like Yara Greyjoy, though I'm not sure she or Theo are the best to continue the Old Ways and Iron Price. Which is probably what they need to stop being a bunch of ****ers that everyone else wants to be rid of.

Burney
05-03-2016, 03:56 PM
I presume they'll be getting out the same way as they got in.

Can I be honest? I have absolutely no memory of how they got in. :-(

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Can I be honest? I have absolutely no memory of how they got in. :-(

Danny dragged them in and chained them up, in lieu of being able to rub Drogon's nose in the kiddie he BBQ'd.

Alexism - Atheoist
05-04-2016, 02:05 AM

Last I saw Davos didn't trust the red witch and loved Shireen. But now the red witch burned Shireen and Davos, who didn't owe Jon any allegiance, and didn't know about Beric Dondarrion's resurrection via Thoros, suggests out of the blue that she bring Jon back to life? WTF? There's zero logical continuity there.
Much simpler and more logical to have Melissandre know to resurrect Jon b/c she finally understood what the fire was telling her and she, don't forget, had talked with Thoros re: Beric's resurrection.
Such lazy effing writing makes me sad.
George can take all the time he wants finishing the book since it is demonstrably superior to the tv show now.

Ash
05-04-2016, 08:35 AM
George can take all the time he wants finishing the book since it is demonstrably superior to the tv show now.

Except it isn't, in many ways. Yes, there will be bits that can be criticised, but the books are all over the ****ing place and if the author had any clue how to clear up the mess he's made he'd have done it by now.

Luis Anaconda
05-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Last I saw Davos didn't trust the red witch and loved Shireen. But now the red witch burned Shireen and Davos, who didn't owe Jon any allegiance, and didn't know about Beric Dondarrion's resurrection via Thoros, suggests out of the blue that she bring Jon back to life? WTF? There's zero logical continuity there.
Much simpler and more logical to have Melissandre know to resurrect Jon b/c she finally understood what the fire was telling her and she, don't forget, had talked with Thoros re: Beric's resurrection.

He is a desperate man and he knew she had incredible powers as he was there when she produced the shadow baby. He also spent time with Gendry when he was Stannis's prison so it isn't inconceivable he might have mentioned something about Dondarrion. Hardly as big a leap as you suggest

The Jorge
05-04-2016, 08:51 AM

Can we not let her off on the grounds of perfect tits? I'll forgive any transgression on baps grounds

Burney
05-04-2016, 08:55 AM

The books are a total ****ing mess because Martin hasn't the discipline or ability to control all his storylines into a coherent narrative. The TV show is miles better.

Alexism - Atheoist
05-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Can we not let her off on the grounds of perfect tits? I'll forgive any transgression on baps grounds

Yes. Case dismissed. :titsup::judge:

Alexism - Atheoist
05-05-2016, 10:13 PM
The books are a total ****ing mess because Martin hasn't the discipline or ability to control all his storylines into a coherent narrative. The TV show is miles better.

There's where we disagree. It's just that he has so many threads going it's like reading spaghetti at the moment. He'll start knotting things together now...has to. I love the show, and think the actors are phenomenal, but I think in the past couple of years they got sloppy and chopped things from the book and thereby chopped up motivation for many subsequent things.
Per Jorge below, the tits are also much much better in the show.

But I also think the tv show is bowing to female viewers so we're getting far less of the good stuff (even though most women like to see that good stuff too!) The fools!

The Jorge
05-05-2016, 10:33 PM
There's where we disagree. It's just that he has so many threads going it's like reading spaghetti at the moment. He'll start knotting things together now...has to. I love the show, and think the actors are phenomenal, but I think in the past couple of years they got sloppy and chopped things from the book and thereby chopped up motivation for many subsequent things.
Per Jorge below, the tits are also much much better in the show.

But I also think the tv show is bowing to female viewers so we're getting far less of the good stuff (even though most women like to see that good stuff too!) The fools!

I think they're both quite a mess, and both are hugely enjoyable for different reasons. I also think it's hard to say who's the better story editor, especially when neither are resolved.

You know what I love most about the show though, Wun Wun. Who can forget moments like...

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/S5-E8-Jon-Edd-Tormund-and-Wun-Wun-run.gif

and my favourite

http://img2.tvtome.com/i/u/72a160e088954d72cdfb80faead529d8.gif