PDA

View Full Version : Wenger In vs Wenger Out fans

Tony C
05-03-2016, 07:40 AM
http://youtu.be/CV2uAMGN9JU

meet the leaders of both factions :o

By the way...what a beat down on Saturday...the Wenger Out didn't expect that level of support for Arsene!

Rich
05-03-2016, 08:22 AM

By the way...what a beat down on Saturday...the Wenger Out didn't expect that level of support for Arsene!

It was rather heart warming that the Wenger Outers were humiliated like that. Wd Arsenal fans imho.

7sisters
05-03-2016, 08:29 AM

I think most sensible supporters accept ' the bloke's not for turning '. They'll be prizing his fingers from the door architraves with his feet in their hands come the end of his contract.

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 08:47 AM
I think most sensible supporters accept ' the bloke's not for turning '. They'll be prizing his fingers from the door architraves with his feet in their hands come the end of his contract.

I don't think so. He'll go when He's good and ready and He'll know exactly when that is.

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 08:49 AM

Unless the bank has other ideas, of course, obviously :rubchin:

Tony C
05-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Alfonso Ribero placed into protective custody by the Wenger Ins imo

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 08:57 AM
The supporters, regardless of where they sit on this issue, have the same problem

The Wenger outs want them out because change is better than no change

The Wenger ins want him to stay because no change is better than change

Go figure...

Tony C
05-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Problem is....if you watch the video it seems the leaders of both sides have their own person battles with each other and just using the Wenger topic as fuel to go to war....

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Alfonso Ribero placed into protective custody by the Wenger Ins imo

looooooooooooooooool.

Bergkamp Was Best
05-03-2016, 11:05 AM
I don't think so. He'll go when He's good and ready and He'll know exactly when that is.

He still thinks he's a good enough manager to win the league, from what we've seen the last 10+ years he's obviously not. Do we stick with him because we pity the man and don't want to hurt his feelings, or send him on his way and get someone new in to hopefully change things for the better?

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 11:08 AM
He still thinks he's a good enough manager to win the league, from what we've seen the last 10+ years he's obviously not. Do we stick with him because we pity the man and don't want to hurt his feelings, or send him on his way and get someone new in to hopefully change things for the better?

I'm inclined to agree with you, but there's really no sense getting worked up about it at this late stage. He'll be off soon enough anyway.

Tony C
05-03-2016, 11:17 AM
There's one thing I'd say....he's got 1 year left on his contract.

Would be criminal to sack him now...not offering him a new contract is one thing but sacking him...that's way over the top.

Personally don't think he's done anything to warrant a sacking....it's certainly not on the scale of the complete goof ball who thought it was a smart move to bid 40m plus 1 for Suarez....that was a lot worse...we lost on Higuain trying to get Suarez only for some idiot to bid 1 pound over...that's far more sackable than what Arsene has done.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 11:32 AM

Maybe he might go at the end of next season. Personally, I think the problem is the board. They will offer him a new contract and hope he stays. I could be wrong but I don't think they have any other options in place right now :shrug:

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Maybe he might go at the end of next season. Personally, I think the problem is the board. They will offer him a new contract and hope he stays. I could be wrong but I don't think they have any other options in place right now :shrug:

Oh, I'd be surprised if the board had a succession plan. You just wait and see who's available and viable when the time comes, imo.

Why is the board a problem?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 12:06 PM
I don't think they have a direction for the club at all. I think it is a case of leave it to Arsene and see what happens. Not a problem if you know Arsene will stay and not a problem if the club are achieving their aims but what happens when he rejects that new contract? I think there will be collective panic on the board and they will make a mistake with their next hire.

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 12:10 PM
I don't think they have a direction for the club at all. I think it is a case of leave it to Arsene and see what happens. Not a problem if you know Arsene will stay and not a problem if the club are achieving their aims but what happens when he rejects that new contract? I think there will be collective panic on the board and they will make a mistake with their next hire.

Yeah, then we sack the bloke and get somebody else in.

Not a problem. That's football. There's plenty of football managers about.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Yeah, then we sack the bloke and get somebody else in.

Not a problem. That's football. There's plenty of football managers about.

Yeah but not as many good ones. Wenger wants to leave the club in a good state for the next guy. What happens if that guy is a dud? How much of his work will be for nothing?

Bergkamp Was Best
05-03-2016, 12:22 PM
I'm inclined to agree with you, but there's really no sense getting worked up about it at this late stage. He'll be off soon enough anyway.

He won't be sacked that's for sure, so it's a case of what does he have to do to get the "Wenger Out" camp back in favour?
For me personally he would have to win the Premier League or Champions League to show he's still got what it takes to be a winner at the top level.

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Yeah but not as many good ones. Wenger wants to leave the club in a good state for the next guy. What happens if that guy is a dud? How much of his work will be for nothing?

:shrug: The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley, an' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain for promis'd joy.

Again, that's football.

SWv2
05-03-2016, 12:40 PM

What happens if the next guy is quite good?

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 12:44 PM

I think the idea is that any trophies the new men win will actually still belong to Wenger :-\

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 01:34 PM

I suspect that Wenger is going to be the one that finds his successor. If so there is a better chance of him finding a good one. What we do not want is for him to walk out early and leave this decision to the board. I doubt they could find a needle in a pile of needles.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 01:48 PM
:shrug: The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley, an' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain for promis'd joy.

Again, that's football.

Managing and minimizing the risks.

Tony C
05-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Some of the Wenger Outs are pretty hardcore and want him gone irrespective of what he wins...PL and / or CL

Shame really...

Yesterday Once More
05-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Some of the Wenger Outs are pretty hardcore and want him gone irrespective of what he wins...PL and / or CL

Shame really...

Not at all. The man has gone stale and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Why waste yet another season? And the idea he should take credit for anything his successor may achieve is ridiculous. His credit balance expired long ago.

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Not at all. The man has gone stale and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Why waste yet another season? And the idea he should take credit for anything his successor may achieve is ridiculous. His credit balance expired long ago.

Seriously though, why the hurry? We should take our time and wait for the right man to become available. I wouldve loved for it to be Klopp, mind. But that ship has sailed, across the Mersey no less.

Who would you go for YoM? I mean you seem to have given the whole business plenty of thought.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 06:58 PM

You do realise that the board are unlikely to have a successor lined up and that it is likely that Wenger will have appoint his own successor, don't you? If we were to get shot of Wenger now, would you trust Gazidis, Kronke and Fish and Chips to find Wenger's replacement?

Yesterday Once More
05-03-2016, 07:09 PM
You see, you've hit the nail on the head. Why exactly did the Klopp ship sail? Three years ago he was widely acknowledged to be absolutely the right man for the Arsenal job. One year ago he left Dortmund with no other club in mind and could have been snapped up . If we did not have an American owner who did not give a toss so long as the club was coasting in 3rd or 4th, he would have acted quickly and decisively and made the change then.

There are a host of managers out there who are now capable of improving Arsenal where Wenger no longer can do. Top cab off the rank would be Simeone (since you've asked). Before anyone says he wouldn't come, you may be right. But the idea that only one or two people in the game could improve us is clearly rubbish. There is no case for indulging one man's ego for another year.

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 07:41 PM
that you are now prepared to finger young Jürgen. After all, isn't it normally your thing to demand of others to name their man?

I agree with you about all this nonsense though. We seem to have ended up with the worst of both worlds; when the end does come, the AKBs will be unhappy their man has gone, whilst the WOBs will be full of regret that they will have failed to force Him out :-\

Seriously though, why the hurry? We should take our time and wait for the right man to become available. I wouldve loved for it to be Klopp, mind. But that ship has sailed, across the Mersey no less.

Who would you go for YoM? I mean you seem to have given the whole business plenty of thought.

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 07:46 PM
You see, you've hit the nail on the head. Why exactly did the Klopp ship sail? Three years ago he was widely acknowledged to be absolutely the right man for the Arsenal job. One year ago he left Dortmund with no other club in mind and could have been snapped up . If we did not have an American owner who did not give a toss so long as the club was coasting in 3rd or 4th, he would have acted quickly and decisively and made the change then.

There are a host of managers out there who are now capable of improving Arsenal where Wenger no longer can do. Top cab off the rank would be Simeone (since you've asked). Before anyone says he wouldn't come, you may be right. But the idea that only one or two people in the game could improve us is clearly rubbish. There is no case for indulging one man's ego for another year.

I'm not kicking off here, just wanting to understand the PoV more. Yes, I wouldve liked Klopp to be our next manager. But then again, it did go all sour for him very suddenly - team in the relegation zone for half a season, arguments with the board - but we werent going to part with wenger on the back of two FA Cups, were we? Some things arent meant to be and all that.

Simeone is an interesting choice, I'll grant you. Though I think he's wedded to Atleti almost as much as Arsene is to us, even at his stickiest. I'm not entirely sure it's a goer.

I dont think the field is too open for a successor tbh, there's certainly nobody I would rather have than AW out there right now. Ancelotti? Capello possibly, maybe Koeman, Tuchel?

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 07:48 PM
You do realise that the board are unlikely to have a successor lined up and that it is likely that Wenger will have appoint his own successor, don't you? If we were to get shot of Wenger now, would you trust Gazidis, Kronke and Fish and Chips to find Wenger's replacement?

We'll hopefully only be kicking Him upstairs, rather than running Him out of London, imo. He'd still be on hand to name His successor.

And even if he weren't, any board of directors can watch Match of the Day or visit ladbrokes.com to see whom they should appoint next. It's football, not rocket science.

Ash
05-03-2016, 07:50 PM
I dont think the field is too open for a successor tbh, there's certainly nobody I would rather have than AW out there right now. Ancelotti? Capello possibly, maybe Koeman, Tuchel?

Löw?

6 characters

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Státion to Statiön?

I dunno about Jogi though, seems a bit too....knitweary, for me. Also, there's going to be murders if he tries to make Bouldie dress exactly the same as him all the time. Or keeps feeling him up.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Joachim+Loew+Hans+Dieter+Flick+Germany+v+England+N yJvx7CvQ7Xl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Germany+v+Serbia+Group+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+ttBy8pt B6QYl.jpg

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Löw?

6 characters

It really makes no difference, does it :-\

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 07:59 PM
It really makes no difference, does it :-\

Don Claudio?

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/PA-5312636.jpg

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Don Claudio?

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/PA-5312636.jpg

Yeah, he'd have been good. Not sure Monty would fancy him much though.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 08:25 PM
C'mon red, I think you are over simplifying it. If David Dein went to Ladbrokes just under 20 years ago he would have been hiring Johann Cruyff.

Of course, we may be sending him upstairs but if we piss him off, we may not have that option available to him.

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 08:31 PM
C'mon red, I think you are over simplifying it. If David Dein went to Ladbrokes just under 20 years ago he would have been hiring Johann Cruyff.

Of course, we may be sending him upstairs but if we piss him off, we may not have that option available to him.

I'm just labouring the point that it doesn't matter. We may end up having loads of different managers over the next decade :shrug:

Yesterday Once More
05-03-2016, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=redgunamo;4109514]We'll hopefully only be kicking Him upstairs, rather than running Him out of London, imo. He'd still be on hand to name His successor.

And even if he weren't, any board of directors can watch Match of the Day or visit ladbrokes.com to see whom they should appoint next. It's football, not rocket science.[/QUO

Name his successor? Why on earth should it be anything to do with him who takes over. Fergie was accorded that privilege, and to be fair he was leaving them as champions, but it did them no favours to be saddled with his Glaswegian pal Moyes. I don't want one of Wenger's yes-men foisted on us, that would defeat the point of getting rid of him.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-03-2016, 08:45 PM
So you would like the board to pick his successor?

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=redgunamo;4109514]We'll hopefully only be kicking Him upstairs, rather than running Him out of London, imo. He'd still be on hand to name His successor.

And even if he weren't, any board of directors can watch Match of the Day or visit ladbrokes.com to see whom they should appoint next. It's football, not rocket science.[/QUO

Name his successor? Why on earth should it be anything to do with him who takes over. Fergie was accorded that privilege, and to be fair he was leaving them as champions, but it did them no favours to be saddled with his Glaswegian pal Moyes. I don't want one of Wenger's yes-men foisted on us, that would defeat the point of getting rid of him.

I understand, I just don't agree. It seems we'll go down the DoF route and Wenger would be the perfect man for it, for us. Manchester United are still Manchester United, even if they go a season or two without a title. We too, will be fine.

I'm speaking, of course, as somebody who doesn't go though, don't forget. If those that do go simply cannot bear to watch anymore Wengerball, they too have my sympathy and I understand that view too.

Yesterday Once More
05-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Yes, but whoever takes the job needs to be prepared to make clear that he wants to be challenged and in turn will challenge the board to continue to back him financially. I have never said that Wenger is totally the problem, but he has been complicit in the stagnation which the board have allowed to set in.

redgunamo
05-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Yes, but whoever takes the job needs to be prepared to make clear that he wants to be challenged and in turn will challenge the board to continue to back him financially. I have never said that Wenger is totally the problem, but he has been complicit in the stagnation which the board have allowed to set in.

I'm sure he will, whomover it may be. We can afford it now anyway, if money is an issue anyone wants to focus on.

The Jorge
05-03-2016, 09:19 PM
Yeah, he'd have been good. Not sure Monty would fancy him much though.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

NZgunner
05-04-2016, 01:47 AM
to want to continue with Wenger is to accept an Arsenal that challenges for 3rd and 4th rather than challenging for the title - and 4th may be beyond him next season

to want change is to accept that we may struggle to make top 4 (the side needs rebuilding), but we might actually challenge for the title in a year or two - or have a couple of dud managers that get us nowhere

it's a risk, but it has to be taken sooner or later

Wenger's league titles are now about as relevant as George Graham's in terms of either man's suitability to manage another title winning team

and while 10 years ago I hoped that Wenger would eventually take on an upstairs role with the club when he'd finished as manager, I now firmly believe that his influence at Arsenal must end