PDA

View Full Version : my view on yesterdays protest/game

ghostlygunner
05-01-2016, 10:31 AM
i must admit i wanted the protest to work yesterday but i have to say it failed.

when i got to the ground there were a few of the twitter faces by the bear roundabout but not in any large numbers at all.a few leaflets being handed out but that was it.

now red action and the black scarf movement were supposed to be behind it but they didnt seem to be there at all. think back to the protest years ago before that swansea game (when arguably things were not as bad) and there were loads of old faces from the 70s and 80s about and large numbers involved. maybe they were yesterdays blank seats? or maybe they just dont go anymore.

anyway , if you reacted to the protest cards by singing support for arsene wenger then fair play to you especailly if you have always stood behind him . ive always said on here that if you have a view either way ive great respect for that view.

its the flip floppers that bug me . i saw some people yesterday sing one arsene wenger then half an hour later boo the team off at half time and then boo iwobi being substituted . sadly this type of supporter means change is very unlikely in the near future.

you get the feeling yesterdays protest could have been influenced by the result of the game and really that was not what is was all about.

from either side i think yesterday was a particularly sad day for the club. wenger shouldnt be in this position where people feel the need to protest against him , he has had ample opportunity to go out on a high .

the actual protest itself was pretty pathetic and half hearted , which will be great news for the club to roll on with the gravy train for at least one more season .

i just hope those that supported wenger yesterday stick with him now and dont call for change next season when things will get worse , im afraid you will have had your chance.

Just Trent
05-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Once the protest got picked up by the press, it was always likely to fail to live up to the hype. It was never going to be mass scale. But, it should be noted that in the last two home games we've seen quite a large no show, and then a protest. That is quite significant for one of the most placid and timid home supports in football. It's taken a long time for many fans to reach that stage. The club shouldn't ignore that. As you say, the worst people in there yesterday were the ones singing in support of Arsene. Then booing his team off, and booing his substitutions.