PDA

View Full Version : Btw, what do people think of Elneny. Is he good enough to play in a league winning

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-30-2016, 09:20 PM
team as a starter or more of a squad player? How does he compare to Coq? Or is he a Denilson or Song?

Some reckon he's great, other's that he's ****. Which I guess tells us more about the people voicing the opinions than it does about him. People see what they want to see to fit their views and optimism levels.

But other than that sweet goal against Barca, has he looked the part?

The Jorge
04-30-2016, 09:33 PM
team as a starter or more of a squad player? How does he compare to Coq? Or is he a Denilson or Song?

Some reckon he's great, other's that he's ****. Which I guess tells us more about the people voicing the opinions than it does about him. People see what they want to see to fit their views and optimism levels.

But other than that sweet goal against Barca, has he looked the part?

I think he's probably the best all-round midfielders we've had since The Invincibles, personally. Still bedding in but the signs are encouraging. He's mobile, yet robust. Technical, yet hard working.

Annoying we'll lose him for five weeks in Jan/Feb, mind.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-30-2016, 09:35 PM
He's a bit like Gilberto. Sober and energetic but good at picking out passes and going forward.

We won the double with Chrisopher Wreh and Grimandi so.....

04-30-2016, 09:41 PM
Really, J? Is he really that good? I suppose that's something to be happy about.

You think he'll play DM behind Santi? So we won't be buying any of these players in MF we're being linked with? Cos Santi must start if fit - he's one of my fave players ever.

I suppose if he's DM, not CM, it doesn't matter that he won't score many.

Anyway, glad you reckon he's a good buy.

04-30-2016, 09:43 PM
Gilby was amazing as a DM. You really think he's that good?

I assume he's a good passer, so do you think he can do the defensive work that Coq does.

What we've needed is a DM who can pass like Arteta but defend like Coq.

You reckon Elneny is the man, then?

The Jorge
04-30-2016, 09:47 PM
Really, J? Is he really that good? I suppose that's something to be happy about.

You think he'll play DM behind Santi? So we won't be buying any of these players in MF we're being linked with? Cos Santi must start if fit - he's one of my fave players ever.

I suppose if he's DM, not CM, it doesn't matter that he won't score many.

Anyway, glad you reckon he's a good buy.

I dont think Arsene really believes in the DM, yes we had Gilberto but he was really just a rare impulse buy after having a surprisingly good World Cup. He was a converted centre back then anyway. With Arsene it's all about the blend, I'm just happy he's adding some decent gravel to the mix tbh.

It'll be more interesting to see whether he thinks he can have a passer back there next season, which I guess all depends on whether Santi can come back strong.

04-30-2016, 10:42 PM
I reckon Santi could play DM. If Rambo could get his goalscoring form back, those two behind Ozil would be great.

If we buy the striker and goalscoring winger of my fantasies, then we could play SC + AR and just outscore the opponents.

The Jorge
04-30-2016, 10:59 PM
I reckon Santi could play DM. If Rambo could get his goalscoring form back, those two behind Ozil would be great.

If we buy the striker and goalscoring winger of my fantasies, then we could play SC + AR and just outscore the opponents.

No, never, Ramsey needs to not ever play DM. On the right or in Mesut's role

04-30-2016, 11:17 PM
I meant Santi at DM, with Rambo in between him and Ozzy like he did in front of Arteta when he was scoring for fun when we'd just bought Ozzy.

The Jorge
04-30-2016, 11:41 PM
I meant Santi at DM, with Rambo in between him and Ozzy like he did in front of Arteta when he was scoring for fun when we'd just bought Ozzy.

No, Ramsey should just play in those two positions. Santi is a man of limited stature, he cant play DM he'd be trampled

Mo Britain less Europe
05-01-2016, 08:52 AM
He has been playing fairly defesnively, maybe that's why he's been trampled? I agree it is, mostly, a nonsense to play, small delicate players (Santi, Jack) in defensive roles.

It's not just the height of course, you've had some real animals in there like Gattuso or Tofting who weren't tall. But our bys aren;t in that league of savagery.