PDA

View Full Version : Remember when reyes looked like a world beater and we had him and Bobby vying for the

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-30-2016, 08:30 PM
LW position. And Skiltord and Kanu, and then RVP and Ade replaced them, as cover for Bergy and Titi. That's 7 goalscorers. And Freddie on the right. Now we just have Alexis. I'd love to have a front 4 of Skiltord-Kanu/Ade-RVP-Reyes nowadays. Ok, I'd have Ozzy and Alexis, but that was our 2nd choice.

We used to be able to give Skiltord away on a free cos we had so many. He then won loads of leagues in France.

Why can't we get some goal scorers. It's the world's biggest sport and everyone wants to score goals. There must be some somewhere.

04-30-2016, 08:32 PM
Olly has 53 goals in 133 league games for us. That's just under 0.4 goals a game. You can't challenge for the title with someone who scores less than 2 in every 5 games. Really, in a 4-3-3, you want someone with double that ratio. We should have a whip round.

Herr Floyd
04-30-2016, 08:38 PM
LW position. And Skiltord and Kanu, and then RVP and Ade replaced them, as cover for Bergy and Titi. That's 7 goalscorers. And Freddie on the right. Now we just have Alexis. I'd love to have a front 4 of Skiltord-Kanu/Ade-RVP-Reyes nowadays. Ok, I'd have Ozzy and Alexis, but that was our 2nd choice.

We used to be able to give Skiltord away on a free cos we had so many. He then won loads of leagues in France.
Why can't we get some goal scorers. It's the world's biggest sport and everyone wants to score goals. There must be some somewhere.our list

There is a global drought imo. 15/20 years ago there were class strikers and forwards everywhere you turned. I cant think of a single striker anywhere who gets me hard. I just hope there is another Anelka/Henry somwehere who Arsene knows about. I would like us to sign James Rodriguez and maybe Mahrez for next season which I think would make a difference.

modd
04-30-2016, 08:42 PM
we don,t lack strikers. look at sanchez and wellbeck. yes giroud and theo goals dried up but leicester only scored four more then us, city only seven goals and same with spurs

world football not full of great strkers. not everyone has a suarez do they

04-30-2016, 09:01 PM
Look at this, Modd:

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/danny_welbeck/165/165/88/31/p|premier_league/2015/2016/olivier_giroud/165/165/115/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/theo_walcott/165/165/79/0/p#goals_scored/assists/key_passes#90

And tell me any of them would even get on the bench for the 1998-2006 forward lines.

Or even if we were playing 4-3-3 when we had RVP, Ade and Eduardo.

That's what I mean. We had those three strikers and Cesc and Nasri and Rosicky (and AA23) and we weren't good enough then. We now have 3 strikers who are worse than those 3, and we only have one decent winger.

Nasri, TR7, AA23 or Feo, Ox, Rambo, or Joel Campbell (who I like but AW doesn't seem to.)

Come on Modd, take the rose tinted specs off and tell me I'm right.

We used to have world class strikers on the bench.

Now we don't have any in the starting XI.