PDA

View Full Version : This has to be a gag, doesn't it. Why would a bank care who the manager is,

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 10:37 AM
so long as whoever it is kept to the conditions of the loans?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36172291

Morning, all, by the way.

Ash
04-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Funnily enough, Poch has just signed a five year deal. #banxknow

Ash
04-30-2016, 10:47 AM
#banxknow

Apart from the fact they don't, as we have seen.

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 11:00 AM

Right. And, if true, why not say so ten years ago? Everyone would've been delighted and more understanding of .. current affairs.

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 11:10 AM

We need Ears.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-30-2016, 12:09 PM

Stability?

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Stability?

Yes, I thought about that. Every other senior officer or official at the club has been changed in that time though; we even have a new board of directors. Is a mere football manager really so important, from a finance point of view? I mean, it's not as though He is personally underwriting the loans, is it? (Or *is* it? :rubchin: )

I know nothing about the science of the thing, of course. It just seems odd.

The Jorge
04-30-2016, 12:48 PM

He ensures a nice, comfy financial cusion and perpetual champions league qualification. If I were lending Arsenal money I'd want the Alsatian in charge too.

Just Trent
04-30-2016, 12:49 PM
Remember when George Graham was sacked, and the club stated that they'd never give a manager so much control/power within the club again? That worked out well didn't it?

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 01:07 PM
He ensures a nice, comfy financial cusion and perpetual champions league qualification. If I were lending Arsenal money I'd want the Alsatian in charge too.

Yes, but you're not a bank, are you.

"Ensures"? Why not say so back then, in that case?

The Jorge
04-30-2016, 01:10 PM
Yes, but you're not a bank, are you.

No, and I've never pretended to be. But we all know that bloke, you know the one that you know will spunk that tenner on buckfast, pint glass strippers and pannini stickers.

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 01:22 PM
No, and I've never pretended to be. But we all know that bloke, you know the one that you know will spunk that tenner on buckfast, pint glass strippers and pannini stickers.

Yeah, fair enough. I agree, I just find it odd, for the reasons outlined above.

Perhaps it's just banter.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-30-2016, 01:25 PM
That would have been suicide. We would have not been able to attract the players that were able to get hold of and there is no way we have been in the CL every season.

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 01:32 PM
That would have been suicide. We would have not been able to attract the players that were able to get hold of and there is no way we have been in the CL every season.

I don't see that.

Haven't we been saying for ages that players want to join us because of Wenger? And indeed that those already here would consider their futures were He to leave?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Saying and doing aren't the same. Remember, agents have a lot of influence as well

7sisters
04-30-2016, 01:46 PM

It's an interesting story but again, has sod all to do with the current strained relationship between fans and manager.

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 01:51 PM
It's an interesting story but again, has sod all to do with the current strained relationship between fans and manager.

True, but it's always interesting to hear how the principals in the piece understand the thing. Or anyway, how they are prepared to be seen to understand it.

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 01:54 PM
Saying and doing aren't the same. Remember, agents have a lot of influence as well

I agree. When you say it would've been suicide, you don't mean it literally. It's just banter.

I just thought a bank would've had different priorities. At least I hope *mine* does :rubchin:

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-30-2016, 05:01 PM
No, and I've never pretended to be.

Oh I 've seen you pretending to be a bank many times Jorge. Just last week were tearing around the financial markets, gambling recklessly with ordinary folk's pension funds, awarding yourself a bonus that could fund a hospital or school, then crying like a big baby when it all went tits up and demanding millions in printed money* to rescue you.

*Which you referred to euphemistically as Quantitative Easing of course. Never pretended to be a bank...tish and feathers man!

04-30-2016, 05:13 PM

There's a whiff of the heretic about you Redg'. Careful my friend. You'll incur the odium of the 6th form debating society if you keep it up. You'll notice Jorge pounced like some zealous STASI functionary within seconds of your blasphemy. If you continue to exhibit these unorthodox tendencies, Charlie'll be along.

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 05:30 PM
There's a whiff of the heretic about you Redg'. Careful my friend. You'll incur the odium of the 6th form debating society if you keep it up. You'll notice Jorge pounced like some zealous STASI functionary within seconds of your blasphemy. If you continue to exhibit these unorthodox tendencies, Charlie'll be along.

More than just a whiff, I hope?

Talking of bad smells, I have to organise a cowpat lottery for tomorrow. It's an old rural Alsatian custom; you mark out a field like a grid and then sit around drinking beer and brandy and scoffing barbecue, waiting for a particular, pre-selected cow to take a dump. Everyone draws a number and the winner .. well, wins.

Ooh, lala, as they say :-|

04-30-2016, 05:40 PM
More than just a whiff, I hope?

Now if such an event were staged here the whole spectacle would be punctuated by raucous laughter and salty jokes about bovine digestive tracts. I suspect in the Alsace, it is all taken rather seriously?

And speaking of heretics, have you heard Lee Dixon giving succour to the ahhhh't ists? Clearly not looking for gainful employment from the club any time soon.

redgunamo
04-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Now if such an event were staged here the whole spectacle would be punctuated by raucous laughter and salty jokes about bovine digestive tracts. I suspect in the Alsace, it is all taken rather seriously?

And speaking of heretics, have you heard Lee Dixon giving succour to the ahhhh't ists? Clearly not looking for gainful employment from the club any time soon.

The key is that the rural French are always drunk, I reckon.

And Dicko and all those other ex-players currently dissin' Veng'll be alright, once Pards takes charge :nod:

Thing is, the term "Yes man" simply doesn't have the negative association for foreigners that it does for us. They see it as helpful, productive.