PDA

View Full Version : CarWimb: I *think* I might have mentioned a road accident I was recently involved in

Monty92
04-29-2016, 01:26 PM
that wrote off my car.

Anyway, I need a new ****ing car, don't I.

Any recommendations? I *would* consider an estate, but 1) it would reduce the chances of being able to park directly outside my flat, which, with two sprogs, would be a pain in the hole, 2) My missus cannot park for ****, even in an average sized car.

So, the criteria is:
1) 6k or under
2) boot space big enough for a double buggy AND a suitcase
3) That' s about it

In terms of usage, it will be mainly used for 45 mins suburban driving each day.

Hit me.

Burney
04-29-2016, 01:32 PM
that wrote off my car.

Any recommendations? I *would* consider an estate, but 1) it would reduce the chances of being able to park directly outside my flat, which, with two sprogs, would be a pain in the hole, 2) My missus cannot park for ****, even in an average sized car.

So, the criteria is:
1) 6k or under
3) That' s about it

In terms of usage, it will be mainly used for 45 mins suburban driving each day.

Hit me.

Lease it you cund!

IUFG
04-29-2016, 01:34 PM
a ****, old Volvo would suit you accident prone types

Burney
04-29-2016, 01:35 PM

A north London Jew driving a Volvo? Surely not?

IUFG
04-29-2016, 01:36 PM
I didn't like to add that last bit, in fear of coming across a leeetle bit Livingstone

Monty92
04-29-2016, 01:37 PM

**** off! I've never has a crash in my own car that was my fault!

SWv2
04-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Honest question, do you actually need a car?

How far from the house to creche or whatever equivalent you use for the kid?

The Jorge
04-29-2016, 01:40 PM
They tried to scrap the Jag!

I set them right and now they are paying me to fix the ****er.

In short, buy some duct tape innit

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 01:45 PM
that wrote off my car.

So, the criteria is:
1) 6k or under
3) That' s about it

Hit me.

Range Rover or a bus pass, imo.

Burney
04-29-2016, 01:49 PM
They tried to scrap the Jag!

I set them right and now they are paying me to fix the ****er.

In short, buy some duct tape innit

J, I say this with love.

Your Jag is old, ****, not fuel efficient, has high road tax, lacks all the bells and whistles that normal humans now take for granted with their cars and makes you look like an ageing lothario who's down on his luck.

Get rid.

Sir C
04-29-2016, 01:51 PM
that wrote off my car.

So, the criteria is:
1) 6k or under
3) That' s about it

Hit me.

As b so wisely advises, the concept of car 'ownership' is outdated and redundant.

There are some extremely cracking deals around at present, of which I could advise you, if you were a nice person with a kind face.

Monty92
04-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Honest question, do you actually need a car?

How far from the house to creche or whatever equivalent you use for the kid?

Yes, absolutely essential. I drive to work and also to do the drop off and pick ups at the childminder.

Also, myriad other reasons why having a car is critical to my quality of life.

The Jorge
04-29-2016, 01:59 PM
J, I say this with love.

Your Jag is old, ****, not fuel efficient, has high road tax, lacks all the bells and whistles that normal humans now take for granted with their cars and makes you look like an ageing lothario who's down on his luck.

Get rid.

Thanks, b. That's just the look I was after

IUFG
04-29-2016, 02:04 PM

dodgy character

Burney
04-29-2016, 02:05 PM
Thanks, b. That's just the look I was after

It's basically like wearing a sign that says: "I have a dodgy prostate and suffer increasingly from erectile dysfunction, but I've still got it, girls!"

Monty92
04-29-2016, 02:07 PM
As b so wisely advises, the concept of car 'ownership' is outdated and redundant.

There are some extremely cracking deals around at present, of which I could advise you, if you were a nice person with a kind face.

I have an unkind character, but not an unkind face...do I? :-(

The Jorge
04-29-2016, 02:12 PM
It's basically like wearing a sign that says: "I have a dodgy prostate and suffer increasingly from erectile dysfunction, but I've still got it, girls!"

Balls is it, you've not see it, it's lovely.

It'll beat your Prostat any day of the week.

Pat Vegas
04-29-2016, 02:12 PM
My Fiat 500L would be perfect. though over your budget.

My mate just bought a VW Jetta. the boot is massive.

Sir C
04-29-2016, 02:13 PM
I have an unkind character, but not an unkind face...do I? :-(

Well, it's not an unkind face, as such, but it does need a shave. On that we can agree.

If you were interested in buying a car in the 21st century manner I can put you in touch with a chap who will do you abtter deal than anyone else on earth.

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Is your mate a Daisy Age rapper?

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_680/oxun4hi3nxw8vg3s9ro3.jpg

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 02:17 PM

Oh, I say :clap:

Sir C
04-29-2016, 02:18 PM
Lease it you cund!

When's yours up for renewal? You must have a word with my new chap.

Kia Sportage at £150 a month? :yikes:

The Jorge
04-29-2016, 02:18 PM
Is your mate a Daisy Age rapper?

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_680/oxun4hi3nxw8vg3s9ro3.jpg

Trigger warning, that GTi was the **** that crashed into me!!

Burney
04-29-2016, 02:19 PM

Well if it's boot space you're after, you can't beat a VW. Did I ever tell you about my old Skoda Octavia? It was like the Tardis, ffs!

Burney
04-29-2016, 02:21 PM
When's yours up for renewal? You must have a word with my new chap.

Kia Sportage at £150 a month? :yikes:

Bloody hell! It's a three-year lease, but I think I can give the ****er back to them in August if I so desire. Although, given that they've been telling big hairy porkies about its emissions, I don't think they're going to be in a position to be terribly doctrinaire in such matters.

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Trigger warning, that GTi was the **** that crashed into me!!

:hehe: Sorry about that.

Burney
04-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Balls is it, you've not see it, it's lovely.

It'll beat your Prostat any day of the week.

It's a 12 year-old Jaguar, j. It is not 'lovely'.

Sir C
04-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Bloody hell! It's a three-year lease, but I think I can give the ****er back to them in August if I so desire. Although, given that they've been telling big hairy porkies about its emissions, I don't think they're going to be in a position to be terribly doctrinaire in such matters.

When you want to have a look I'll give you his details :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
04-29-2016, 02:25 PM
I like proper boot rather than a hatchback I will keep this in mind for my next car.

The Jetta doesn't look so big but when he showed the boot space I was amazed. Could easily fit in a load of bodies in there.

Obviously ones that haven't taken a 'shower' yet.

Burney
04-29-2016, 02:33 PM
When you want to have a look I'll give you his details :thumbup:

Cheers. Oh, by the way, I've got that phone up and running now. Quite proud of myself as it involved a measure of ****ing about and I actually managed to have the patience for it, which is unusual. :-)

Sir C
04-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Cheers. Oh, by the way, I've got that phone up and running now. Quite proud of myself as it involved a measure of ****ing about and I actually managed to have the patience for it, which is unusual. :-)

Blimey, that's some fast work, wd you.

It would only have ended up in my bin.

The Jorge
04-29-2016, 02:36 PM
:hehe: Sorry about that.
Irony is that it was also my first, and previously most loved, motor.

Like the past crashing into the future.

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 02:40 PM

Pure poetry.

Burney
04-29-2016, 02:47 PM
Blimey, that's some fast work, wd you.

It would only have ended up in my bin.

Yes, well even so I owe you one. :thumbup:

Burney
04-29-2016, 02:48 PM

I don't think a 12 year-old Jaguar can be called 'the future', j. More like an antique crashing into an anachronism imo.

Ash
04-29-2016, 02:58 PM
I don't think a 12 year-old Jaguar can be called 'the future', j. More like an antique crashing into an anachronism imo.

This place is so cruel, sometimes. :-(

Cars, shoes, jackets, park bench protocol. So many rules. So little tolerance. Who needs fascism when there's AWIMB?

Burney
04-29-2016, 03:02 PM
This place is so cruel, sometimes. :-(

Cars, shoes, jackets, park bench protocol. So many rules. So little tolerance. Who needs fascism when there's AWIMB?

I'm playing the 'Bantz' card, a. It's a well-known fact that any attempt to take offence to bantz is simply a demonstration of a lack of a sense of humour.

I'm surprised Ken Livingstone didn't try it.