PDA

View Full Version : My lunchtime was unsatisfactory, AWIMB

Burney
04-29-2016, 01:16 PM
First of all, my lady wasn't there and some bloke served me and his interpretation of 'spicy' was frankly brutal. :-(

I then took my near-lethal sandwich to the park to eat, but no sooner had I sat down than a ferocious rainstorm blew up, forcing me to shelter under a tree for 15 minutes.

So, in other words, what was meant to be s lovely, tasty lunch in the spring sunshine was actually me under a tree in a ****ing hurricane, crying, snotting and drooling due to extreme chilli heat.

Unsatisfactory:-(

SWv2
04-29-2016, 01:22 PM
The whole park bench thing just makes you look like a gyppo, or a pervert.

Neither of which I expect is the image you were hoping to purvey to the outside world when you set out today.

Jake
04-29-2016, 01:22 PM
My hat blew off in the wind and I had to run to catch it, holding a Pret bag.

It was a sad scene.

Burney
04-29-2016, 01:25 PM
The whole park bench thing just makes you look like a gyppo, or a pervert.

Neither of which I expect is the image you were hoping to purvey to the outside world when you set out today.

But this is surely what park benches are supposed to be for, isn't it? We can't let them be solely the preserve of old people, drunk teenagers, perverts and spies meeting their handlers, can we?

Burney
04-29-2016, 01:25 PM
My hat blew off in the wind and I had to run to catch it, holding a Pret bag.

It was a sad scene.

Before I decide whether to sympathise or not, you're going to have to describe the hat.

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Before I decide whether to sympathise or not, you're going to have to describe the hat.

I was just about to say..

Luis Anaconda
04-29-2016, 01:33 PM
But this is surely what park benches are supposed to be for, isn't it? We can't let them be solely the preserve of old people, drunk teenagers, perverts and spies meeting their handlers, can we?

Absolutely right, b (although I initially read that as the perverts were also meeting their handlers)

SWv2
04-29-2016, 01:33 PM

I get all that but I don't make the rules.

Well dressed middle-aged man sat on a park bench alone = pervert/nonce. The sandwich, irrespective of filling or bread type, is simply a form of cover.

Look at me, I am not a pervert, merely a chap on lunch.

Burney
04-29-2016, 01:34 PM
I get all that but I don't make the rules.

Well dressed middle-aged man sat on a park bench alone = pervert/nonce. The sandwich, irrespective of filling or bread type, is simply a form of cover.

Look at me, I am not a pervert, merely a chap on lunch.

I'm casually dressed. Jeans, blue shirt, windcheater-type jacket - does that help at all?

IUFG
04-29-2016, 01:35 PM
perving in Hertford Castle grounds?

Burney
04-29-2016, 01:36 PM
perving in Hertford Castle grounds?

Nah. I'm in Enfield.

The Jorge
04-29-2016, 01:38 PM

What about post-pub congress when you cant wait to get home?

SWv2
04-29-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm casually dressed. Jeans, blue shirt, windcheater-type jacket - does that help at all?

Smartly dressed and clearly not a homeless, so ………

:shrug:

Burney
04-29-2016, 01:45 PM
What about post-pub congress when you cant wait to get home?

Look, j, if he's not even prepared to spring for a hotel room, you should probably consider whether he's really serious about you.

The Jorge
04-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Look, j, if he's not even prepared to spring for a hotel room, you should probably consider whether he's really serious about you.

Meths does funny things to a chap