PDA

View Full Version : And there's more..

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 09:16 AM
From Wenger, I mean. Not Queen.

"We lost the championship at home against the lower teams, but we played at home in a very difficult climate."

Basically, He seems to be saying "C***s out."

SWv2
04-29-2016, 09:20 AM
From Wenger, I mean. Not Queen.

"We lost the championship at home against the lower teams, but we played at home in a very difficult climate."

Basically, He seems to be saying "C***s out."

You could suggest he is looking to apportion blame when quite simply any blame as such, if there is need for same, lies 100% with him / his staff and then his players.

I expect he is mightily pissed off with the planned actions tomorrow, justifiably so in my view, and like any good fighter is getting his digs in first.

Wenger out!

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 09:24 AM
He does rather walk into these things, doesn't He :-(

You could suggest he is looking to apportion blame when quite simply any blame as such, if there is need for same, lies 100% with him / his staff and then his players.

I expect he is mightily pissed off with the planned actions tomorrow, justifiably so in my view, and like any good fighter is getting his digs in first.

Wenger out!

Pat Vegas
04-29-2016, 09:30 AM
Not a wise move imo.

It works hand in hand. Play **** fans moan. give the fans something to cheer about.

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Not a wise move imo.

It works hand in hand. Play **** fans moan. give the fans something to cheer about.

Yeah, but many have the idea you're supposed to cheer regardless.

The dangerous bit is the siege mentality-thing, this "Us v Them". It's common enough in football, of course, but I'm not sure it's meant to be "The Club v The Club's Supporters".

Pat Vegas
04-29-2016, 09:43 AM
I don't get why we have to cheer all the time. Other teams fans do the same around the world.
Friends argue, Couples argue.

To be positive and cheer all the time whatever the outcome would be very AMERICAN!

I think there is whole as an Arsenal fan we have to behave superior to other teams as we are the 'intelligent' ones.
No wonder people enjoy watching us fall.

That said this black scarf thing is a bunch on *******s.

Sir C
04-29-2016, 09:49 AM
I don't get why we have to cheer all the time. Other teams fans do the same around the world.
Friends argue, Couples argue.

To be positive and cheer all the time whatever the outcome would be very AMERICAN!

I think there is whole as an Arsenal fan we have to behave superior to other teams as we are the 'intelligent' ones.
No wonder people enjoy watching us fall.

That said this black scarf thing is a bunch on *******s.

It really, really confuses me that apparently sentient human beings have such trouble understanding this matter.

If you identify as an Arsenal supporter, the lads on the pitch in the red and white shirts are on your side. You should cheer them and abuse the opposition. Why is that so complicated?

Aside from matters of morality and loyalty, failing to encourage your own players is obviously going to be counter-productive. Why make matters worse?

Pat Vegas
04-29-2016, 09:52 AM
well the season is over. And they are fed up with the general who's leading the troops.

I suspect they wear black scarfs to work when they don't like their boss.

Also there is a bit of a perception that Arsenal is Arsene Wenger.
Which is not the case.

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 09:55 AM
It really, really confuses me that apparently sentient human beings have such trouble understanding this matter.

If you identify as an Arsenal supporter, the lads on the pitch in the red and white shirts are on your side. You should cheer them and abuse the opposition. Why is that so complicated?

Aside from matters of morality and loyalty, failing to encourage your own players is obviously going to be counter-productive. Why make matters worse?

I completely agree with all of that. I just do not accept that professionals should get to use it as a excuse, a reason, even if it clearly is.

If you follow me. *We* can say it, but they shouldn't be allowed to.

Pat Vegas
04-29-2016, 10:00 AM
The Arsene Wenger situation with Arsenal is rather a unique one.

His duties have gone past a typical manager. And he can probably stay at the club as long as he wants.

I can see why this would frustrate people, You want Arsenal to do as well as possible then it seems the manager and the owners are happy to finish 4th. There is no pressure (a bit now) for Arsene to deliver any more than he is doing.

We had all the struggling years where we had no money, (though the club said this wasn't the case)
We still played good football. We were always respected for that.

Now we make a few out of character big money signings. (you can blame the fans for that) you think great we are past that phase we've got a couple of FA cups we are building here.

And on the pitch we become a ****ing shambles. We should have walked this league imo.

Just Trent
04-29-2016, 10:04 AM
What an enjoyable evening it's going to be at the Emirates :-(

SWv2
04-29-2016, 10:07 AM

One can support / love / be loyal to an entity but that is not to say you have to go round in a permanent state of happiness. That would be utterly naïve in respect of understanding human emotions.

In fact it would probably make you an imbecile.

And to be honest coming out with tosh like that in such a simplistic black & white way belies the truth behind what is a football supporter in as much a way as the behaviour you are criticising.

SWv2
04-29-2016, 10:08 AM
We should have walked this league imo.

I would imagine Man City fans feel 100% the same in this sense.

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 10:10 AM
One can support / love / be loyal to an entity but that is not to say you have to go round in a permanent state of happiness. That would be utterly naïve in respect of understanding human emotions.

And to be honest coming out with tosh like that in such a simplistic black & white way belies the truth behind what is a football supporter in as much a way as the behaviour you are criticising.

Basically, the only comment managers and players should ever make regarding the support is a modest "Thank you".

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 10:11 AM

And Spurs fans.

Rich
04-29-2016, 10:12 AM

And Chelsea, Spurs and United, I would think.

Sir C
04-29-2016, 10:12 AM

We have established 'what is a football supporter', we're just trying to understand how, and why.

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 10:16 AM

Essentially everyone who, last Summer, fancied themselves better than Leicester City :-\

SWv2
04-29-2016, 10:17 AM

I specified City because in the end I suspect they will finish closer to the crown than we are, a small distance covered by 2-3 matches and the difference between winning or losing or drawing.

The period where they imploded coinciding with the absence of De Bruyne perhaps.

Neither Spurs nor United fans will in their wildest dreams have expected to win the title this season and Chelsea have known since autumn leaves were falling onto dewy grass that they were ****ed.

SWv2
04-29-2016, 10:18 AM

I specified City because in the end I suspect they will finish closer to the crown than we are, a small distance covered by 2-3 matches and the difference between winning or losing or drawing.

The period where they imploded coinciding with the absence of De Bruyne perhaps.

Neither Spurs nor United fans will in their wildest dreams have expected to win the title this season and Chelsea have known since autumn leaves were falling onto dewy grass that they were ****ed.

Pat Vegas
04-29-2016, 10:21 AM

well yes. But at least they know Pep is coming. They are still in the Champions league too.

Plus there are generally in the title mix every season. We are not, we have to take our chances when the come. and we didn't

Sir C
04-29-2016, 10:22 AM
What an enjoyable evening it's going to be at the Emirates :-(

I suspect we will score 4 and everyone will momentarily forget their beefs.

Pat Vegas
04-29-2016, 10:22 AM

'Plastering over the cracks' :-)

Ash
04-29-2016, 10:39 AM

I'm hoping we score twelve. :-)