PDA

View Full Version : While in Mallorca last week, I discovered the joys of suckling pig.

Rich
04-29-2016, 07:55 AM
Why is this fantastically tasty dish not served in the UK?!

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Why is this fantastically tasty dish not served in the UK?!

It is. Very much so.

Rich
04-29-2016, 08:07 AM
It is. Very much so.

Well tell me where, then!

7sisters
04-29-2016, 08:09 AM
It is. Very much so.

I'd have to draw the line at eating a piglet. It's practically new born. As a meat eater I realise this line may be filled with hypocrisy but surely all of gods creatures are entitled to more than two to six weeks ? Unless they're insects, I suppose..
It's a No from me Jeff.

Pokster
04-29-2016, 08:12 AM

Your mum likes sucking a pig

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 08:12 AM

It's not easy to say, R. Pretty much anywhere and everywhere, I should've thought. It's not some sort of rare and infrequent delicacy.

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 08:22 AM
I'd have to draw the line at eating a piglet. It's practically new born. As a meat eater I realise this line may be filled with hypocrisy but surely all of gods creatures are entitled to more than two to six weeks ? Unless they're insects, I suppose..
It's a No from me Jeff.

Aside from the fact it's delicious, there's also the economics to consider. These are not pets, so either you eat 'em or you have to feed 'em.

But then, I'm from/live in the sticks so I couldn't rightly comment on how you urban trendies would see the thing :shrug:

Pokster
04-29-2016, 08:24 AM
Aside from the fact it's delicious, there's also the economics to consider. These are not pets, so either you eat 'em or you have to feed 'em.

But then, I'm from/live in the sticks so I couldn't rightly comment on how you urban trendies would see the thing :shrug:

I think a lot of the Urban trendies see them as a sexual partner

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 08:26 AM

I shouldn't wonder, P. I shouldn't wonder at all.

Ash
04-29-2016, 08:33 AM

Dave Cameron's an 'Urban Trendy'?

redgunamo
04-29-2016, 08:38 AM
Dave Cameron's an 'Urban Trendy'?

Raised somewhere else, I'd imagine though.

Sir C
04-29-2016, 08:53 AM

Barrafina always has roast suckling pig on the menu.

I but my own and spit roast them. Then I cook them.

Order from your butcher. Around £100 per pig.

Burney
04-29-2016, 08:55 AM
Barrafina always has roast suckling pig on the menu.

I but my own and spit roast them. Then I cook them.

Order from your butcher. Around £100 per pig.

...and put knickers and lipstick on them.

Morning. Sleep well?

Mo Britain less Europe
04-29-2016, 08:58 AM
It's not a common dish either here or in Spain. The true suckling pig is "lechon" but you're often fobbed off with cochinillo which is basically a young pig but not so young and tender that you can basically eat the bones as you do with rreal suckling pig.

Sir C
04-29-2016, 09:00 AM
...and put knickers and lipstick on them.

Morning. Sleep well?

Tolerably well, thank you, oddly. I was restrained.

I'm preparing for this event tomorrow. I have ordered too much food :-(

Soon the man will arrrive with the 50 kg pig and appropriate cooking apparatus. If only you could be here to ensure I don't **** it up :-(

Burney
04-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Tolerably well, thank you, oddly. I was restrained.

I'm preparing for this event tomorrow. I have ordered too much food :-(

Soon the man will arrrive with the 50 kg pig and appropriate cooking apparatus. If only you could be here to ensure I don't **** it up :-(

Sorry old boy. The ex got custody of V's birthday and I got yours ;-)

Also, I've got to go to my sister's 50th, which promises to be extremely dull unless I get suitably hammered, which the sister won't appreciate.

Sir C
04-29-2016, 09:14 AM
Sorry old boy. The ex got custody of V's birthday and I got yours ;-)

Also, I've got to go to my sister's 50th, which promises to be extremely dull unless I get suitably hammered, which the sister won't appreciate.

But it won't be half as much fun :-( No one will dare me to eat its eyes and *******s :-(

Burney
04-29-2016, 09:16 AM
But it won't be half as much fun :-( No one will dare me to eat its eyes and *******s :-(

Surely you don't need to be dared? Simple human curiosity will take care of that, won't it? I trust you will also lick up whatever matter trickles out of its nose as well?