PDA

View Full Version : and just how **** is that Halifax ad that uses Top Cat ?

7sisters
04-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Christ, just how low has copywriting and invention in Ad agencies sunk these days ?
To add to the whole ****ness of the campaign, the characters sound nothing like the original cast.
A little part of me dies every time I see it.

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 04:01 PM
Christ, just how low has copywriting and invention in Ad agencies sunk these days ?
To add to the whole ****ness of the campaign, the characters sound nothing like the original cast.

You know, on this new board we can post links now and videos and everything :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CPIu6aj5ZM

You're quite right though. Shocking.

TheCurly
04-28-2016, 04:04 PM
Didn't the boul TC live in a bin? Is he looking for a mortgage for a bigger bin? Has his old bin been sold? Will he require a bridging loan if it hasn't? Has he got the required deposit? Come on Halifax! You're holding back the full story here

Sir C
04-28-2016, 04:05 PM

I once had to miss Top Cat for a whole term because it was on during altar boy practice :-(

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 04:07 PM
I once had to miss Top Cat for a whole term because it was on during altar boy practice :-(

But, when that term was through, you were really good at altar boys.

TheCurly
04-28-2016, 04:10 PM

Stuck up Hoagy's Alley no doubt

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 04:10 PM
Didn't the boul TC live in a bin? Is he looking for a mortgage for a bigger bin? Has his old bin been sold? Will he require a bridging loan if it hasn't? Has he got the required deposit? Come on Halifax! You're holding back the full story here

It's for a bigger, s****ier bin, so I gather.

Sir C
04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Stuck up Hoagy's Alley no doubt

:nono: St John Fisher.

Burney
04-28-2016, 10:32 PM
:nono: St John Fisher.

John Fisher up Shirley way?

Burney
04-28-2016, 10:37 PM
It's for a bigger, s****ier bin, so I gather.

I'm pretty sure that offering mortgages to bipeds who have no visible means of support, live in alleyways and can't even afford trousers is how the whole sub-prime business started, isn't it?

Is this ad basically a satire on the credit crunch?

Sir C
04-29-2016, 06:32 AM
John Fisher up Shirley way?

Kidbrooke.