PDA

View Full Version : The Zlatan situation...

Tony C
04-28-2016, 01:34 PM
Not only is this over a decade too late but I take it this means another hopeless tippy tappy pass pass pass 4-5-1 but this time with someone, albeit at the tail end of his career, with a bit of skillz.

There was me hoping that Leicester's triumph would usher in a revival of the 4-4-2 :( but I guess Arsene can't see past the plethora of attacking midfielders he has assembled.

TheCurly
04-28-2016, 01:44 PM
Not only is this over a decade too late but I take it this means another hopeless tippy tappy pass pass pass 4-5-1 but this time with someone, albeit at the tail end of his career, with a bit of skillz.

There was me hoping that Leicester's triumph would usher in a revival of the 4-4-2 :( but I guess Arsene can't see past the plethora of attacking midfielders he has assembled.

He'll need to be put through a trial first T

SWv2
04-28-2016, 02:03 PM

Don't ****ing mention 4-4-2 or you will set him off.

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 02:05 PM

Aaaaaaaactually, we could theoretically play forfahtoo for the first time in about a decade now we have the Coqneny axis. I am contractually obliged to point out that we never played it before under wenger, unless you counted Bergkamp as a striker and Henry as an orthodox front man.

SWv2
04-28-2016, 02:07 PM
You are assuming the Coqneny axis to be in place come August.

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 02:10 PM

I'm just saying that, for the first time in a long time, it's possible. Were we to have a Kondogbia, a Xaka or a Bender in the squard we could play it long term without wincing for 90 minutes every time Ramsey played there.

7sisters
04-28-2016, 02:15 PM

Fair point. I've no idea how Wenger intends to shoehorn these proposed, new combative midfielders alongside Elneny, Coq or even Jack for that matter.

7sisters
04-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Ramsey has turned to **** j. He needs to **** off to another club that plays closer to his level. Newcastle perhaps.
He'll almost certainly be here next season. :-(

TheCurly
04-28-2016, 02:22 PM

**** midfielders,**** tactical systems and just spunk every penny we possess on a centre forward imo (don't know which one)

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Ramsey has turned to **** j. He needs to **** off to another club that plays closer to his level. Newcastle perhaps.

Barcelona, imo.

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 02:29 PM

Thanks for that, Sav