PDA

View Full Version : So who among you plays golf? I believe the only useful

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-28-2016, 11:24 AM
purpose that a golf club can serve is to batter to death some nouveau-riche, pringle wearing golfing **** before leaving said club sticking out of his arse.

I bet apparatchik Jorge sneaks off for a round now and then but keeps it secret from his comrades .

IUFG
04-28-2016, 11:25 AM
I play golf. quite badly, at times :vsign:

TheCurly
04-28-2016, 11:27 AM
purpose that a golf club can serve is to batter to death some nouveau-riche, pringle wearing golfing **** before leaving said club sticking out of his arse.

I bet apparatchik Jorge sneaks off for a round now and then but keeps it secret from his comrades .

I have played once.With the wrong-handed cues.It was ****.

Pokster
04-28-2016, 11:30 AM

Used to play a lot, got down to 5 handicap.. then kids came along and hardly play now

SWv2
04-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Played a few times on a social level. Extremely difficult though I expect I probably could have been a professional.

Actually wouldn’t mind playing as it is important for one to remain active as one ages, and a few hours break with a bag of cans would be a good way to achieve this.

Quite like watching the Majors.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-28-2016, 11:37 AM
I've had coaching from a pro - not your mum, a chap who was very good back in his day. Enabled me to play a half-decent game but I haven't played in years.

Burney
04-28-2016, 11:37 AM
Played a few times on a social level. Extremely difficult though I expect I probably could have been a professional.

Actually wouldn’t mind playing as it is important for one to remain active as one ages, and a few hours break with a bag of cans would be a good way to achieve this.

Quite like watching the Majors.

It is a game I enjoy, but all the arse-ache surrounding it is annoying. Haven't played in a while, mind. Also, it's absolutely no fun when you're playing badly.

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 11:44 AM

I'm surrounded by three goff courses and a driving range at home. tbh I cant stomach the people, the game looks OK but the people.....no, cant do it

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Used to play a lot, got down to 5 handicap.. then kids came along and hardly play now

Your kids don't enjoy the game?

SWv2
04-28-2016, 11:50 AM
It is a game I enjoy, but all the arse-ache surrounding it is annoying. Haven't played in a while, mind. Also, it's absolutely no fun when you're playing badly.

Do you still do all that running stuff?

Pokster
04-28-2016, 12:21 PM
Your kids don't enjoy the game?

I am just getting them into it... but that still involves me doing more taxi work and caddying than actually playing

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 12:23 PM
I am just getting them into it... but that still involves me doing more taxi work and caddying than actually playing

That's a pretty good compromise, I reckon.

Pokster
04-28-2016, 12:31 PM
That's a pretty good compromise, I reckon.

Especially as the local club has made membership free for junior players

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 12:35 PM

That's perfect.

TheCurly
04-28-2016, 12:38 PM

Have them searching for lost balls while you get a round in.Simples.

Ash
04-28-2016, 01:34 PM
I admit to being prejudiced against golf****s, but I like a bit of crazy golf. Not that we're allowed to call it that any more. Political correctness gone mad, you see.

Did a tour along the south coast one year and this was the best course. In Rich's manor, Sandbanks.
http://www.sandbankspoole.com/sandbanks-images/sandbanks-crazy-golf.jpg

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Agreed, Mentalgolf is much better. Disappointed by the lack of windmills, big mouths you have to get the ball in and Helterskelters though.

Interestingly, in Holland they call it "Midgetgolf"

I admit to being prejudiced against golf****s, but I like a bit of crazy golf. Not that we're allowed to call it that any more. Political correctness gone mad, you see.

Did a tour along the south coast one year and this was the best course. In Rich's manor, Sandbanks.
http://www.sandbankspoole.com/sandbanks-images/sandbanks-crazy-golf.jpg