PDA

View Full Version : I see Ken Livingstone has jumped two-footed into the Labour anti-semitism thing

Burney
04-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Describing Hitler as a Zionist and claiming that he's never heard anyone in Labour say anything anti-semitic. :hehe:

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Describing Hitler as a Zionist and claiming that he's never heard anyone in Labour say anything anti-semitic. :hehe:

Now you know that isnt exactly what he said. Silly boy though, he should know that you cannot criticise Israel nowadays.

Luis Anaconda
04-28-2016, 10:31 AM
I don't think Berni does the quote full justice actually - it's the lovely aside about the deaths of six million people that comes across so well:

"Let’s remember when Hitler won his election in 1932, his policy then was that Jews should be moved to Israel. He was supporting Zionism – this before he went mad and ended up killing six million Jews."

And the second quote was
"I’ve been in the Labour party for 47 years; I’ve never heard anyone say anything anti-Semitic." That is exactly what he said

Burney
04-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Now you know that isnt exactly what he said. Silly boy though, he should know that you cannot criticise Israel nowadays.

Well actually, as la has demonstrated, the full quote of what he said is much, much worse than my rather kind paraphrasing of it.

I can easily believe that Ken Livingstone doesn't believe he's ever heard any Labour member say anything anti-semitic.

However, as is well-established, Ken has a pretty high bar when it comes to what constitutes anti-semitism, doesn't he? :hehe:

Monty92
04-28-2016, 10:35 AM

I agree. As I said yesterday, I don't like this trend at all. We (by which I don't mean Jews) should be rising above this ****.

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 10:36 AM
There's a bunch of other quotes too, mind. But, clumsiness aside, is it really worthy of the opprobrium?

TheCurly
04-28-2016, 10:37 AM
It's almost as if there is an election coming up

Monty92
There's a bunch of other quotes too, mind. But, clumsiness aside, is it really worthy of the opprobrium?

Here's the most striking quote for me, that displays what an utter intellectual pygmy he is.

"There’s one stark fact that virtually no one in the British media ever reports, in almost all these conflicts the death toll is usually between 60 and 100 Palestinians killed for every Israeli. Now, any other country doing that would be accused of war crimes but it’s like we have a double standard about the policies of the Israeli government."

The Jorge
Well actually, as la has demonstrated, the full quote of what he said is much, much worse than my rather kind paraphrasing of it.

I can easily believe that Ken Livingstone doesn't believe he's ever heard any Labour member say anything anti-semitic.

However, as is well-established, Ken has a pretty high bar when it comes to what constitutes anti-semitism, doesn't he? :hehe:

Or everyone seems to have a very low bar, where criticism of Israel is considered anti-semetic.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-28-2016, 10:38 AM
This is what he actually said

Asked whether he thought Ms Shah's comments were anti-Semitic on BBC radio, he said: "No it's completely over the top but it's not anti-Semitic ...

"Let's remember when Hitler won his election in 1932 his policy then was that Jews should be moved to Israel. He was supporting Zionism.

"This is before he went mad and ended up killing 6m Jews."

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 10:42 AM
If anything, the ratio in 2014 was much higher.

Monty92
04-28-2016, 10:45 AM
If anything, the ratio in 2014 was much higher.

Yeah. And to think, if only Israelis would use women and children (or the wrong kind of Arab) as a human shield, they could get that ratio even more in their favour...

Oh.

Luis Anaconda
04-28-2016, 11:38 AM

I just think it is a wildly stupid thing say. Don't tell b, I voted for Ken for mayor once so I can't be accused of being too anti-him. Obviously it was before he went mad

Burney
04-28-2016, 11:45 AM
I just think it is a wildly stupid thing say. Don't tell b, I voted for Ken for mayor once so I can't be accused of being too anti-him. Obviously it was before he went mad

He's always been mad, la. He's just got worse at hiding it. Mostly due to him being pissed most of the time.

Luis Anaconda
04-28-2016, 11:51 AM
He's always been mad, la. He's just got worse at hiding it. Mostly due to him being pissed most of the time.

I fear that may be the case b. I preferred it when he was Robbie Coltraine disguised as Charles Bronson

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 11:58 AM
I fear that may be the case b. I preferred it when he was Robbie Coltraine disguised as Charles Bronson

Let he who is without snin....

I quite like Ken, but yes he's seemingly got a broken link between his mouth and his brain. If only he were as posh and ambling as Boris he'd be alright. As it is, the lad's an oiky newt enthusiast.