PDA

View Full Version : At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky alright..

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-28-2016, 08:43 AM
The compensation claims will now run into millions with every man, woman and child on Merseyside related to one of the ninety six.

I think baleful Berni is going to be more than a little chagrined at each announcement :-)

Ash
04-28-2016, 01:16 PM
Hmm. I had mistakely hoped that this verdict might be where the whole business was put behind us. If not the end, then at least the beginning of the end. Turns out that it was only the end of the beginning. :-(

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-28-2016, 01:29 PM
Turns out that it was only the end of the beginning. :-(

What is fascinating me is the discipline that's been shown by the scousers. I haven't once heard any of them mention the C word. Almost as if they are being marshalled by someone with a great deal of PR nouse.

And now, of course, since Duckenfield has confessed that he ordered the gates open, then lied about it, there will be untold riches for the taking. Thinking of getting meself one of these

Billy Goat Sverige
04-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Hmm. I had mistakely hoped that this verdict might be where the whole business was put behind us. If not the end, then at least the beginning of the end. Turns out that it was only the end of the beginning. :-(

I just read they had a memorial service yesterday :-|

SWv2
04-28-2016, 02:06 PM

Legal action actually began over 12 months ago when papers were first lodged but the process was suspended pending the outcome.

IUFG
04-28-2016, 02:22 PM
Then they have wasted no time in 'getting on with it' imo.

"No amount of money will bring my beloved [name here] back. But, I'll accept £1m", etc, etc

Ash
04-28-2016, 03:06 PM

A year after they said there weren't going to be any more of them, ISTR.