PDA

View Full Version : Diego Simeone has the ethics of Jose Mourinho's evil twin

Sir C
04-28-2016, 07:16 AM
and the tactics of George Graham on a particularly cautious day.

There, I've said it.

7sisters
04-28-2016, 07:27 AM

There, I've said it.

He's not going to fit in here , is he ? The board wouldn't want his sort.

Sir C
04-28-2016, 07:31 AM
He's not going to fit in here , is he ? The board wouldn't want his sort.

God, I hope not. Apart from anything else, he looks like he might be feral. A knife and fork would represent something of an intellectual challenge to the chap.

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 07:38 AM

There, I've said it.

Nobody minds that, I think. After all, football is about much more than what happens with the ball. Actually, during Wenger's twilight period, The Banter Years, the only player we've had who thoroughly understood this in his bones was Cesc Fabregas.

Simeone deserves all the credit he gets, imo. He's up against some pretty nasty, local, hegemonic footballing powers, in Real Madrid, and he's giving it a very decent go.

7sisters
04-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Nobody minds that, I think. After all, football is about much more than what happens with the ball. Actually, during Wenger's twilight period, The Banter Years, the only player we've had who thoroughly understood this in his bones was Cesc Fabregas.

Simeone deserves all the credit he gets, imo. He's up against some pretty nasty, local, hegemonic footballing powers, in Real Madrid, and he's giving it a very decent go.

Indeed he does reg. Do you think he'd adjust his warrior mindset towards lame, ball watching type defending tactics and finishing 4th ?

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 07:51 AM
Indeed he does reg. Do you think he'd adjust his warrior mindset towards lame, ball watching type defending tactics and finishing 4th ?

:hehe: No. Players always adjust themselves to the manager.

Sir C
04-28-2016, 07:59 AM

I mind it.

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 08:07 AM
I mind it.

Yes, indeed.

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 08:33 AM
More than a touch of the Danny Trejos about him too

http://static.tvgcdn.net/mediabin/galleries/shows/g_l/ha_hh/haunted_prison/season1/haunted-prison-trejo4.jpg

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 08:35 AM

There, I've said it.

I know he's very much flavour flav of the month and everything but I doubt he'd come to us, he's got a very strong bond with Atleti. I mean, very much the 'Captain, Leader, Legend' type before coming back to manage them.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-28-2016, 08:36 AM
:hehe: No. Players always adjust themselves to the manager.

The board would never allow a manager whose english is not impeccable (Wenger was excepted only at Dein's insistence).

Even if they did, he would last only until he dished up a big dry slap to one of our pampered millionaire poseurs.

Sir C
04-28-2016, 08:41 AM
I know he's very much flavour flav of the month and everything but I doubt he'd come to us, he's got a very strong bond with Atleti. I mean, very much the 'Captain, Leader, Legend' type before coming back to manage them.

Oh, he played for them, did he?

Hold on, is he the bloke Super Gilles punched in the face?

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 08:45 AM

Yes, he was playing for Lazio at the time but Atleti, at least in a europan sense, were very much his club. Though he turned out for inter for a couple of years too. Terrific player, mind.

Luis Anaconda
04-28-2016, 08:46 AM

It was indeed. A proper punch as well. Even if he had been told to punch Mihajlović instead

Red N White Army
04-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Only place he will go any time soon is Inter. Besides, he's said he doesn't think we are a proper football club and are only good for a pay day late in his career. Which now makes me want to qualify for the CL just so we can kick their arse. (I am nothing if not an optimist)

Sir C
04-28-2016, 08:52 AM
It was indeed. A proper punch as well. Even if he had been told to punch Mihajlović instead

They all look the same to Gilles.

He's our mate, you know.

Burney
04-28-2016, 08:55 AM

He's our mate, you know.

Talking of punching, I thought you said Thais were all lovely smiley people?

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/04/27/50917222181715998/640x360_50917222181715998.mp4

Sir C
04-28-2016, 08:56 AM
Talking of punching, I thought you said Thais were all lovely smiley people?

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/04/27/50917222181715998/640x360_50917222181715998.mp4

Yes, I saw that. Odd. The farangs must have insulted the king, or Lord Buddha.

Luis Anaconda
04-28-2016, 08:58 AM

He's our mate, you know.

:nod: A lovely bloke

Even elbowed Pep Guardiola for good measure

Burney
04-28-2016, 08:58 AM
Yes, I saw that. Odd. The farangs must have insulted the king, or Lord Buddha.

Has to be said, the morality of the thing aside, there are some pretty handy punches thrown by the Thai lad.

Sir C
04-28-2016, 09:00 AM
Has to be said, the morality of the thing aside, there are some pretty handy punches thrown by the Thai lad.

They're only about 5' 2", ffs. What kind of heem gets battered by a tiny little chinaman?

Burney
04-28-2016, 09:05 AM
They're only about 5' 2", ffs. What kind of heem gets battered by a tiny little chinaman?

I know. Spark out as well. I mean the chap knows how to throw a punch and everything, but it's got to embarrassing for the bloke that his missus can take a punch better than he can.

SWv2
04-28-2016, 09:36 AM
I quite like Simeone and sometimes overlooked in the obvious tactical analysis of his teams is the fact that they have some absolutely outstanding footballers.

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 09:37 AM
I quite like Simeone and sometimes overlooked in the obvious tactical analysis of his teams is the fact that they have some absolutely outstanding footballers.

:nod: The Grease Man.

TheCurly
04-28-2016, 09:42 AM

The ex Chelsea lad at left back was outstanding last night.Even Torres looks like a player again

SWv2
04-28-2016, 09:44 AM
Gabi, Koke, Godin.

Turan last season.

All absolutely outstanding footballers.

If an apparent lack of aesthetic aesthetic-ness upsets you then it really is time for the proverbial new hobby.

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 10:09 AM
Gabi, Koke, Godin.

Turan last season.

All absolutely outstanding footballers.

If an apparent lack of aesthetic aesthetic-ness upsets you then it really is time for the proverbial new hobby.

Alright, steady on Football Hipster. You'll be harping on about 'die magi der DFB Pokal' next

SWv2
04-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Acknowledging or admiring the quality of AM is no longer surely a sign of hipster-ism as ready access to Sky Sports has allowed even the most casually interested football supporter to immerse themselves in Spanish football.

One of Wenger’s failings, or the failings of the Wenger era to be more accurate, has been to fool supporters into this belief about ‘proper’ football and the correct way of playing the game, a drum that was beaten very often by our now absent Turkish/Greek ageing contributor.

Proper professional football is about winning matches, which in turn can lead to tangible trophy success. Passing the ball around forever with little obvious end result, dominating possession but doing little with it does not automatically equate to proper football. Nice perhaps.

The ability of AM to shut out sides like Barcelona and now Munich is absolutely ****ing tremendous.

Wd them.

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 10:37 AM
Acknowledging or admiring the quality of AM is no longer surely a sign of hipster-ism as ready access to Sky Sports has allowed even the most casually interested football supporter to immerse themselves in Spanish football.

One of Wenger’s failings, or the failings of the Wenger era to be more accurate, has been to fool supporters into this belief about ‘proper’ football and the correct way of playing the game, a drum that was beaten very often by our now absent Turkish/Greek ageing contributor.

Proper professional football is about winning matches, which in turn can lead to tangible trophy success. Passing the ball around forever with little obvious end result, dominating possession but doing little with it does not automatically equate to proper football. Nice perhaps.

The ability of AM to shut out sides like Barcelona and now Munich is absolutely ****ing tremendous.

Wd them.

Plus one.

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 10:54 AM

Wd them.

I'm just giving out safe in the knowledge you would do exactly the same thing. Or at least the old, less continental, less effette, less poncey sw would have.

SWv2
04-28-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm just giving out safe in the knowledge you would do exactly the same thing. Or at least the old, less continental, less effette, less poncey sw would have.

:-(

The Jorge
04-28-2016, 10:57 AM
It's not my fault you swapped your brown sauce for a beard wax, mate.

SWv2
04-28-2016, 11:07 AM
If I call you a **** can we just sweep it all under the carpet and go back to how it once was?

I’m afraid to even touch on me and the lad watching Eridivisie matches, or his spoken desire to get a “different” Portuguese club shirt when we are there this summer.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Farkin 'ell. Now the other character from Father Ted has woken up an delivered three paragraphs of cohesive, critical thought.

Nail on the Head SW - BTW, you're not the same Captain Steve Williams that recently flew me from Shannon to Heathrow are you (Aer Lingus)?

SWv2
04-28-2016, 11:21 AM
Farkin 'ell. Now the other character from Father Ted has woken up an delivered three paragraphs of cohesive, critical thought.

Nail on the Head SW - BTW, you're not the same Captain Steve Williams that recently flew me from Shannon to Heathrow are you (Aer Lingus)?

No mate, we both know that to fly a plane you have to be a homosexual.

Sir C
04-28-2016, 02:35 PM
no mate, we both know that to fly a plane you have to be a homosexual.

iahyk.

Nttawwi.

Burney
04-28-2016, 02:36 PM
iahyk.

Nttawwi.

How's the heart rate?

Sir C
04-28-2016, 02:40 PM
How's the heart rate?

I haven't yet indulged; it was a positively Smileyesque rendezvous, due to the recent feeling of the collar of a chap close to the operation, causing much nervousness and a tightening of security arrangements.

I was directed to a quiet street, at the end of which stood a stranger, at whom I had to flash my headlamps twice :hehe:

Burney
04-28-2016, 02:41 PM
I haven't yet indulged; it was a positively Smileyesque rendezvous, due to the recent feeling of the collar of a chap close to the operation, causing much nervousness and a tightening of security arrangements.

I was directed to a quiet street, at the end of which stood a stranger, at whom I had to flash my headlamps twice :hehe:

:hehe: That's not Smileyesque these days. That's dogging behaviour. You're bloody lucky you didn't end up with half a dozen shaven-headed chaps in bomber jackets ****ing outside your car imo.

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 02:43 PM
:hehe: That's not Smileyesque these days. That's dogging behaviour. You're bloody lucky you didn't end up with half a dozen shaven-headed chaps in bomber jackets ****ing outside your car imo.

Oh, I say! What's all this?

Sir C
04-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Oh, I say! What's all this?

I note how you prick your ears up at the mention of shaved men ****ing.

Interesting.

redgunamo
04-28-2016, 02:46 PM

Interesting.

One does like to keep one's hand in, for sure.

Burney
04-28-2016, 02:52 PM

Interesting.

It is very tedious that grown ups have to go through such a palaver simply in order to purchase some basic recreationals, isn't it? Something really ought to be done about it. I may right to my MP. The thing is ridicules.

Sir C
04-28-2016, 03:03 PM
It is very tedious that grown ups have to go through such a palaver simply in order to purchase some basic recreationals, isn't it? Something really ought to be done about it. I may right to my MP. The thing is ridicules.

It's madness, really.

He's just spent two months in Brazil, and was outraged that he couldn't find any decent gear. 'It was all yellow and smelt of petrol!'

It always smells of ****ing petrol!

Also he managed to overdose on something called GHB whilst preparing himself for a visit from a hoor :hehe:

Burney
04-28-2016, 03:18 PM
It's madness, really.

He's just spent two months in Brazil, and was outraged that he couldn't find any decent gear. 'It was all yellow and smelt of petrol!'

It always smells of ****ing petrol!

Also he managed to overdose on something called GHB whilst preparing himself for a visit from a hoor :hehe:

I believe GHB is quite a powerful hallucinogen. People claim to experience their own death or some such **** while on it. Although how they'd know is an interesting question.

Since petrol is fundamental to the cocaine processing...errr...process, I fail to see how it couldn't smell of petrol, really.

Sir C
04-28-2016, 03:20 PM
I believe GHB is quite a powerful hallucinogen. People claim to experience their own death or some such **** while on it. Although how they'd know is an interesting question.

Since petrol is fundamental to the cocaine processing...errr...process, I fail to see how it couldn't smell of petrol, really.

He implied that it aids sexual performance. GHB, not cocaine or petrol.

Burney
04-28-2016, 03:21 PM
He implied that it aids sexual performance. GHB, not cocaine or petrol.

Why would one care about sexual performance with a prostitute? It's not like she's going to give you a discount if she comes, is it?

Sir C
04-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Why would one care about sexual performance with a prostitute? It's not like she's going to give you a discount if she comes, is it?

I confess, I didn't question thye specifics.