PDA

View Full Version : I was just thinking that The Guardian had gone a bit dull since the transers went

Sir C
04-27-2016, 11:52 AM
quiet. Then I happened across this gem :clap:

I’m interested in discussing the real roots of misogynoir, colourism, and anti-blackness. I’m interested in discussing white supremacy and the monolithic European beauty standard.

Misogynoir? Colourism? They're making up their own ****ing language now, the maniacs!

Burney
04-27-2016, 11:58 AM
quiet. Then I happened across this gem :clap:

I’m interested in discussing the real roots of misogynoir, colourism, and anti-blackness. I’m interested in discussing white supremacy and the monolithic European beauty standard.

Misogynoir? Colourism? They're making up their own ****ing language now, the maniacs!

Brilliant, isn't it? I've commented on it a couple of times, pointing out that a/ when did the way a person chose to look become a matter for 'blame' in Guardian world? and b/ When did blonde, light-skinned, straight-haired Beyonce become an ideal of black womanhood?

I think Misogynoir sounds like a new movie genre.

Sir C
04-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Brilliant, isn't it? I've commented on it a couple of times, pointing out that a/ when did the way a person chose to look become a matter for 'blame' in Guardian world? and b/ When did blonde, light-skinned, straight-haired Beyonce become an ideal of black womanhood?

I think Misogynoir sounds like a new movie genre.

Oh, are you back on again? They're not very good at keeping you off, are they?

Burney
04-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Oh, are you back on again? They're not very good at keeping you off, are they?

I'm like The Scarlet Pimpernel, me.

Ragnarokstar, if you must know.