PDA

View Full Version : May I interest you all in my homemade lunchtime sandwich?

Herr Floyd
04-27-2016, 11:30 AM
2 slices of thick sliced brown bread
thick layers of butter
spreads of caramelised red onion chutney on both bread slices
generous splodge of coleslaw
garlic sausage slices
extra mature cheddar sliced

I forgot to add spreads of english mustard which was upsetting but the dining experience was still sublime. Can anyone beat that?

IUFG
04-27-2016, 11:34 AM
:redcard: fell over at the brown bread stage for me, Clive

TheCurly
04-27-2016, 11:34 AM
thick layers of butter
garlic sausage slices

I forgot to add spreads of english mustard which was upsetting but the dining experience was still sublime. Can anyone beat that?

Chips,sausage(x2),curry sauce,can of coke,Mars Bar

The Jorge
04-27-2016, 11:35 AM
thick layers of butter
garlic sausage slices

Can I get that in a crusty bloomer? Brown bread is for when you've sucked all the joy out of the rest of your life

Burney
04-27-2016, 11:35 AM
thick layers of butter
garlic sausage slices

Onion and garlic sausage. You must smell abominable. Well done.

I don't know what I'm having for my lunch yet.

Sir C
04-27-2016, 11:36 AM
thick layers of butter
garlic sausage slices

I have fried some onions and garlic in butter, added assorted torn wild mushrooms and cooked down; then sliced taleggio on top, cooked until the cheese has melted and gone a bit crispy at the sies. This mixture was loaded onto thickly sliced sourdough. I considered adding diced pancetta, but felt this would simply be gilding the lily.

Yet another triumph for the open sandwich.

Herr Floyd
04-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately white bread irritates my anus passage but I agree brown lets it down slightly.

barrybueno
04-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Indeed, in fact I'm now unsure this is the real Floyd...

Burney
04-27-2016, 11:38 AM
I have fried some onions and garlic in butter, added assorted torn wild mushrooms and cooked down; then sliced taleggio on top, cooked until the cheese has melted and gone a bit crispy at the sies. This mixture was loaded onto thickly sliced sourdough. I considered adding diced pancetta, but felt this would simply be gilding the lily.

You ate it with a knife and fork, didn't you? That is not an open sandwich, it's mushrooms on toast. Quite different.

Sir C
04-27-2016, 11:39 AM
You ate it with a knife and fork, didn't you? That is not an open sandwich, it's mushrooms on toast. Quite different.

I did eat it with a knife and fork, do you think I am some sort of animal?

There was no toast. It was a sandwich without a lid. An open, if you will, sandwich.

Herr Floyd
04-27-2016, 11:40 AM

Thats not fair. Thats an evening dish imvho

TheCurly
04-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Thats not fair. Thats an evening dish imvho

A chap can have 2 main meals of the day HF

Herr Floyd
04-27-2016, 11:42 AM
Can I get that in a crusty bloomer? Brown bread is for when you've sucked all the joy out of the rest of your life

Crusty bloomers are for the elderly imo.

Sir C
04-27-2016, 11:42 AM

Needs a couple of eggs.

Herr Floyd
04-27-2016, 11:43 AM

That seems like too much effort. I wont spend more than 1 to 2 minutes effort assembling my tuck.

Burney
04-27-2016, 11:44 AM
I did eat it with a knife and fork, do you think I am some sort of animal?

There was no toast. It was a sandwich without a lid. An open, if you will, sandwich.

Not a sandwich of any sort. Sandwiches are eaten with the hands. You have just put some **** on bread and eaten it with a knife and fork. Call it what you like, but kindly remove the word 'sandwich'

Herr Floyd
04-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Onion and garlic sausage. You must smell abominable. Well done.

I don't know what I'm having for my lunch yet.

I smell pretty bad B, but then again I havnt bathed for 4 days so it wont notice too much.

Herr Floyd
04-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Indeed, in fact I'm now unsure this is the real Floyd...

Its me Barry honest :D

Sir C
04-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Not a sandwich of any sort. Sandwiches are eaten with the hands. You have just put some **** on bread and eaten it with a knife and fork. Call it what you like, but kindly remove the word 'sandwich'

Forgive me, but when were you appointed arbiter of what constitutes a sandwich? I don't remember seeing the anouncement in the London Gazette. It was an open sandwich. Like it, lump it, or poke it up your arse. As you prefer.

Sir C
04-27-2016, 11:47 AM
That seems like too much effort. I wont spend more than 1 to 2 minutes effort assembling my tuck.

I bet it took the same amount of time to prepare as your sandwich.

barrybueno
04-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Lovely to have you back, uber even :cloud9:

Burney
04-27-2016, 11:50 AM
Forgive me, but when were you appointed arbiter of what constitutes a sandwich? I don't remember seeing the anouncement in the London Gazette. It was an open sandwich. Like it, lump it, or poke it up your arse. As you prefer.

I am not the arbiter. This man is. Do you seriously imagine that, as he squandered his fortune at the gaming table, he had time to use a knife and fork? Of course not.

Sir C
04-27-2016, 11:53 AM
I am not the arbiter. This man is. Do you seriously imagine that, as he squandered his fortune at the gaming table, he had time to use a knife and fork? Of course not.

Everyone knows that he didn't exist. He is a mythical figure, like Gandalf or Benjamin Disraeli.