PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong? I can only see the first 3 pages {30 posts} of the Hills'brg

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-26-2016, 10:25 PM
thread.

The only thing people have talked about all day as I come for my evening lurk, and it only lets me see pages 1-3.

Why?

This is insane.

As a lurker, there seem to be less posts every day than before the shift.

But I'm sure I'm wrong.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-26-2016, 10:28 PM
What are you doing wrong? You might need to think about getting a life G. Who the **** wants to read 30 pages of a debate by trolls on something that happened thirty years ago????

Ash
04-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Are you sure it's not a user error, GGAAFC?

The Jorge
04-26-2016, 10:44 PM
What are you doing wrong? You might need to think about getting a life G. Who the **** wants to read 30 pages of a debate by trolls on something that happened thirty years ago????

Wait, who are the trolls?

The Jorge
04-26-2016, 10:45 PM
thread.

The only thing people have talked about all day as I come for my evening lurk, and it only lets me see pages 1-3.

Why?

This is insane.

As a lurker, there seem to be less posts every day than before the shift.

But I'm sure I'm wrong.

Have you tried, over there >, Display -> Threaded View?

Mo Britain less Europe
04-26-2016, 10:51 PM

Who aren't the trolls is perhaps the shorter answered question.

04-26-2016, 10:59 PM

{threaded view makes no diff, btw, only shows the first 30, just like hybrid.}

Believe it or not, this is one way I get my news. History of any sort is all about Primary Sources. And I'll get more understanding from reading this for 10 mins (which will show a wider selection of public opinion) than I will be reading about it in the Times or Graun tomorrow.

A bit like when I had my Times Archive log in from the OU, I'd spend time reading the letters instead of reading another academic article.

You find out what people think.

{And there might have been some sly digs at the scousers that made me giggle - which you won't get in the :GodIhateThisTerm: MSM}

04-26-2016, 11:01 PM
Just shows the first 30, J. No idea why. Where there any naughty but funny racist* comments?

*racist against Liverudlians

The Jorge
04-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Just shows the first 30, J. No idea why. Where there any naughty but funny racist* comments?

*racist against Liverudlians

You're opening all the threads, yeah? What's happening, are they just showing 30 in total? I can see more than that myself.

What browser are you using? Firefox still seems to play best with this lot, and with an ad blocker too (with the added bonus of not being able to read Torygraph articles).

Also, your only news source? Blimey

04-26-2016, 11:05 PM
FF+ *******er.

Go to the Dead-Scouse thread. It says 77 replies. My gibes me only pages 1-3 with 0 per page. Try the other view, and it still scrolls down for just 30, not 77, replies.

Does that explain it properly? I feel cheated.

The Jorge
04-26-2016, 11:14 PM
FF+ *******er.

Go to the Dead-Scouse thread. It says 77 replies. My gibes me only pages 1-3 with 0 per page. Try the other view, and it still scrolls down for just 30, not 77, replies.

Does that explain it properly? I feel cheated.

That's weird, does it not look any different on a different browser/phone? Here's what I get:

04-26-2016, 11:20 PM
Also, your only news source? Blimey

I don't read the footy pages anymore cos of things like Arseblog and newsnow. Basically, I've watched the game and the vids f us, and never cared about any other team.

But I'm sure I'll get an idea of the arguments from reading this, with more anti-scouser racism than in the Times.

I obv just mean footy, I don't take my foreign policy just from here ffs.

The Jorge
04-26-2016, 11:21 PM
I obv just mean footy, I don't take my foreign policy just from here ffs.

Thank **** for that, I did wonder

04-26-2016, 11:24 PM
Got it now - but only in linear. That gives all 8 pages, the other two just give the first three.

re: taking my footy news from here. I don't care about other stuff except us. {I got called a **** by Splends for admitting that the only 2 opposing players I ever noticed and knew who they were were Ronaldo - when he put a 40 yrs free kick past us, and Messi when he missed a 1-on-1.}

So I don't read the footy in the papers when pre-internet it was the first thing I turned to in the Times and the Graun.

So I use here to find out what footy fans think - most of my mates aren't into it. Free rave scene looked down on being a foty fan. Thought they were all superior for travelling around in old military trucks that only did 30mph.

Ash
04-26-2016, 11:26 PM
Who aren't the trolls is perhaps the shorter answered question.

I'm not a troll, and wouldn't appreciate being described as one.

The Jorge
04-26-2016, 11:29 PM
I'm not a troll, and wouldn't appreciate being described as one.

Yeah, and you'd make a rubbish troll. What with your untroll like habits of being equivocal, level headed and slow-to-anger.

Bugger, that makes me a troll, doesnt it?

04-26-2016, 11:34 PM
And I don't want to big-up this much reduced board. But I'm on page 5 or 6 now, and I'm getting what is probably a more balanced discussion about the righst of wrong of Hillborough than I'll see in either the Times or Graun tomorrow. (Or today online, obv.)

Hate to say that this place is worth lurking as a primary source but every now and then, it is.

redgunamo
04-27-2016, 07:39 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyfVk22FDNQ

Darren's Dodgy Denim
04-27-2016, 08:16 AM
Just start a new one called "Heysel - the forgotten crime" or somesuch.

redgunamo
04-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Just start a new one called "Heysel - the forgotten crime" or somesuch.

looooooooooooooooooooooool.