PDA

View Full Version : Jesus G Christ, the British Broadcasting Corporation is using licence-payers' money

Sir C
04-25-2016, 01:14 PM
to make a 'docu-drama' about that raving solipsist Jack 'I'm not a woman or a man, I'm a lesbian but I've got a baby, I've been raped by several genders, I keep trying to commit suicide, why does anyone listen to my sub-Russell Brandian drivel' Monroe.

Yes. The BBC. YOUR national broadcaster, hotbed of bloody pinkoes and fleets of Berties, is spending YOUR money publicising the incoherent rantings of the mentally ill.

What is going on? :(

Don't even get me started on the farce that was the BBC's 'celebration' of Shakespeare's 400th. THEY'RE ALL BLOODY COMMUNISTS! Did Mrs Thatcher and President Reagan win the Cold War for this?

Burney
04-25-2016, 01:18 PM
to make a 'docu-drama' about that raving solipsist Jack 'I'm not a woman or a man, I'm a lesbian but I've got a baby, I've been raped by several genders, I keep trying to commit suicide, why does anyone listen to my sub-Russell Brandian drivel' Monroe.

Yes. The BBC. YOUR national broadcaster, hotbed of bloody pinkoes and fleets of Berties, is spending YOUR money publicising the incoherent rantings of the mentally ill.

Don't even get me started on the farce that was the BBC's 'celebration' of Shakespeare's 400th. THEY'RE ALL BLOODY COMMUNISTS! Did Mrs Thatcher and President Reagan win the Cold War for this?

Oh, yes. I heard she had the serialisation of her book during Woman's Hour on Radio 4. Which I thought amusingly ironic.

She really is a mental mess, the poor cow. I can't even dislike her anymore. I think she's just stark, raving mad.

Luis Anaconda
04-25-2016, 01:23 PM

:hehe: I heard the trailer for that this morning - I thought of you immediately.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Yeah, we could have had another 15 minutes of the view from deep inside betty's colon for that!

Bloody anrcho-communists!

Sir C
04-25-2016, 01:27 PM
Oh, yes. I heard she had the serialisation of her book during Woman's Hour on Radio 4. Which I thought amusingly ironic.

She really is a mental mess, the poor cow. I can't even dislike her anymore. I think she's just stark, raving mad.

Did you see that travesty on Saturday night? Did you? We had Macbeth in bloody zulu, we had some bloke rapping, (rapping!) we had some spiel about immigration but, and this is important, despite it being St George's Day we studiously ignoed any mention of Henry V.

There's going to be a revolution in this country, and it can't come a day too soon.

Sir C
04-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Yeah, we could have had another 15 minutes of the view from deep inside betty's colon for that!

Bloody anrcho-communists!

Once the revolution starts I'm going to send 2 Para to Barnsley or Burnley or wherever it is you hide. They love people taking the piss out of their commander-in-chief. There will be such bantz!

Sir C
04-25-2016, 01:30 PM
:hehe: I heard the trailer for that this morning - I thought of you immediately.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing

You're lucky to be out of this asylum, la. The lunatics have most definitely taken over.

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 01:33 PM
I think what you're describing there is a coup, as opposed to a revolution.

We need to ask reg, really. He's the expert in this sort of thing. Especially now Thatch's mate Pinochet is dead.

Sir C
04-25-2016, 01:37 PM
I think what you're describing there is a coup, as opposed to a revolution.

We need to ask reg, really. He's the expert in this sort of thing. Especially now Thatch's mate Pinochet is dead.

:shrug: Your mate Lenin would have been buggered without the support of swathes of the army. Was that affair a revolution or a coup, would you say?

Burney
04-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Did you see that travesty on Saturday night? Did you? We had Macbeth in bloody zulu, we had some bloke rapping, (rapping!) we had some spiel about immigration but, and this is important, despite it being St George's Day we studiously ignoed any mention of Henry V.

There's going to be a revolution in this country, and it can't come a day too soon.

No, of course I didn't. There is nothing worse than theatre****s talking about Shakespeare. They shouldn't be allowed out, most of 'em. The text is there to do the heavy lifting. Anyone to whom it needs 'interpreting' or 'explaining' doesn't deserve it.

I'm looking forward to the next instalment of 'The Hollow Crown', though. Some of those have been ace. Although I'm a bit worried because there appeared to be a black in Henry VI :rubchin:

Burney
04-25-2016, 01:39 PM
:shrug: Your mate Lenin would have been buggered without the support of swathes of the army. Was that affair a revolution or a coup, would you say?

Interestingly, it's always a coup if done by the right, but a revolution by the left. Them's the rules, apparently. :shrug:

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Cheers for the heads-up :thumbup:

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 01:45 PM
The army were the people, the revolution wasnt supported by the commanding officers in the army and, unable to supress the insurgency, Tzar Nicos had to abicate.

Sir C
04-25-2016, 01:47 PM
The army were the people,

:hehe: So the Britis army isn't 'people'?

Ash
04-25-2016, 01:52 PM
:hehe: So the Britis army isn't 'people'?

As you pointed out earlier, British soldiers hold the monarch in reverence. The Russian soldiers clearly didn't, as they wanted to overthrow him.

So 'People' is not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturer of dairy products. :brian:

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 01:54 PM
There's a difference between 'people' and 'the people', surely this isnt too big a stretch

Burney
04-25-2016, 01:59 PM
There's a difference between 'people' and 'the people', surely this isnt too big a stretch

Beware of talking about 'the people' when talking about revolutions. It's never 'the people' who rise up. It's usually a relatively tiny, invariably urban group led by the educated middle-classes who start revolutions. 'The people' are usually too busy trying to put food on the table to bother with such nonsense.

Luis Anaconda
04-25-2016, 02:03 PM
Beware of talking about 'the people' when talking about revolutions. It's never 'the people' who rise up. It's usually a relatively tiny, invariably urban group led by the educated middle-classes who start revolutions. 'The people' are usually too busy trying to put food on the table to bother with such nonsense.

Indeed - why would we have one called the Peasants' Revolt if it was usually the peasants wat was revolting

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 02:20 PM
No, of course I didn't. There is nothing worse than theatre****s talking about Shakespeare. They shouldn't be allowed out, most of 'em. The text is there to do the heavy lifting. Anyone to whom it needs 'interpreting' or 'explaining' doesn't deserve it.

I'm looking forward to the next instalment of 'The Hollow Crown', though. Some of those have been ace. Although I'm a bit worried because there appeared to be a black in Henry VI :rubchin:

I saw David Oyelowo playing Henry VI on stage and he was superb.

Burney
04-25-2016, 02:29 PM
I saw David Oyelowo playing Henry VI on stage and he was superb.

Yes, but Henry VI wasn't black, mo. Neither was he a woman, a cripple or a ****ing Eskimo. You can't go around having history plays and then totally ignoring the historical context. I hate that sort of ****ing about.

Sir C
04-25-2016, 02:31 PM
Yes, but Henry VI wasn't black, mo. Neither was he a woman, a cripple or a ****ing Eskimo. You can't go around having history plays and then totally ignoring the historical context. I hate that sort of ****ing about.

After Saturday night's debacle I was moved to imagine a film director explaining his plans for the Martin Luther King biopic. "We're thinking about Kevin Costner or Johnny Depp.'