PDA

View Full Version : Anyway, GoT starts tonight. Was anyone sad enough to watch the 2am simulcast?

Burney
04-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Be honest, now :hehe:

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 11:38 AM
I was still up then, but no even I'm not that bad.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-25-2016, 11:40 AM

Media outlets seem to think everyone watched it then, spoiler ****s.

Burney
04-25-2016, 11:46 AM
I shall be getting home and watching it fairly early doors imo. Since it's the first one to veer away from the books, I'm reasonably excited.

Ash
04-25-2016, 11:52 AM

I didn't, but was tempted. I'm often still awake at that time anyway.

Burney
04-25-2016, 11:54 AM
I didn't, but was tempted. I'm often still awake at that time anyway.

Yeah, but you don't want to be the guy who's awake at 3am because he's stayed up to watch a Sword and Sorcery/Fantasy TV series, do you? That's a slippery slope imo. It's a short jump from there to cosplay imo.

Ash
04-25-2016, 11:55 AM
I shall be getting home and watching it fairly early doors imo. Since it's the first one to veer away from the books, I'm reasonably excited.

I'm super-duper excited, tbh. Watched the fifth series again the other week to remind where everyone got to, and the two hour '20 best moments' compilation last night.

Bran'll be back. :hehe: :vsign:

Burney
04-25-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm super-duper excited, tbh. Watched the fifth series again the other week to remind where everyone got to, and the two hour '20 best moments' compilation last night.

Bran'll be back. :hehe: :vsign:

Yeah, he'll be back, boring the hole out of everyone. :yawn:

Ash
04-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Yeah, but you don't want to be the guy who's awake at 3am because he's stayed up to watch a Sword and Sorcery/Fantasy TV series, do you? That's a slippery slope imo. It's a short jump from there to cosplay imo.

You 'gateway drug' conservatives are so so scaremongery. I can stop watching this sort of stuff any time I like.

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 12:13 PM
You 'gateway drug' conservatives are so so scaremongery. I can stop watching this sort of stuff any time I like.

I was still playing Civ5 at 2:30am :-(

Ash
04-25-2016, 12:16 PM
I was still playing Civ5 at 2:30am :-(

One unit per tile :vsign:

Real civheads are still playing Civ 4.

Actually I would like to try Civ 5 but I'd have to buy a new machine for it as I don't play new games these days.

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 12:17 PM
:nod: I like that, it makes planning a battle better.

The Gods & Kings and Brave New World Exp packs are really, really good

Sir C
04-25-2016, 12:18 PM
One unit per tile :vsign:

Real civheads are still playing Civ 4.

Actually I would like to try Civ 5 but I'd have to buy a new machine for it as I don't play new games these days.

You kids and your games. You'd be much better off going outside for some fresh air and playing football with your mates, you know.

Oh no, sorry, I forgot, you're adults...

Ash
04-25-2016, 12:23 PM
You kids and your games. You'd be much better off going outside for some fresh air and playing football with your mates, you know.

Oh no, sorry, I forgot, you're adults...

Do you berate adults for playing chess too?

Did you get that flight-sim game in the end, btw?

Sir C
04-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Do you berate adults for playing chess too?

Did you get that flight-sim game in the end, btw?

I berate no man, a, as well you know.

No, I don't think I'd be able to work out how to make it go. And don't I need a special machine to plug into the telly? A Sega or something?

SWv2
04-25-2016, 12:33 PM
I don't even watch the show but I know who died.

Ash
04-25-2016, 12:35 PM
I berate no man, a, as well you know.

That's good to hear. :-) Civilisation games are like chess, but with more pieces and a bigger board. You start with pieces like archers and spearmen and can end up with tanks and jet aircraft.

No, I don't think I'd be able to work out how to make it go. And don't I need a special machine to plug into the telly? A Sega or something?

ZX Spectrum, I think.

Ash
04-25-2016, 12:37 PM
I don't even watch the show but I know who died.

Someone died! Oh no!

We need spoiler tags on here :-(

Sir C
04-25-2016, 12:37 PM
That's good to hear. :-) Civilisation games are like chess, but with more pieces and a bigger board. You start with pieces like archers and spearmen and can end up with tanks and jet aircraft.

ZX Spectrum, I think.

Is that the best one, ZX Spectrum? I will go down to the Game store and ask for one :thumbup:

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Is that the best one, ZX Spectrum? I will go down to the Game store and ask for one :thumbup:

Once you got over the complexity, obviously. It's like a massive, more in depth game of Risk. You can play it on all sorts of pre-made world maps or randomly generated ones even.

Also, you can be the english and the dutch in it. I am currently the Celts and Bergkampism is one of the world's main religions, bringing peace and prosperity to the globe. I'm currently working on my first spaceship parts and it's 1924.

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 12:46 PM
Have you played the new religious angles yet?

Sir C
04-25-2016, 12:46 PM
Once you got over the complexity, obviously. It's like a massive, more in depth game of Risk. You can play it on all sorts of pre-made world maps or randomly generated ones even.

Also, you can be the english and the dutch in it. I am currently the Celts and Bergkampism is one of the world's main religions, bringing peace and prosperity to the globe. I'm currently working on my first spaceship parts and it's 1924.

It sounds awfully complicated. And every time I play it I have to get the machine out and plug it into the aerial socket? It sounds like a bit of a fag tbh.

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 12:52 PM
It sounds awfully complicated. And every time I play it I have to get the machine out and plug it into the aerial socket? It sounds like a bit of a fag tbh.

Nope, I'm playing it on my Mac. It's basically a computer game version of crack or freebasing.

Sir C
04-25-2016, 12:53 PM
nope, i'm playing it on my mac. It's basically a computer game version of crack or freebasing.

it works on a 'pooter?

Ash
04-25-2016, 12:55 PM

And tune the dial to channel 36 :nod:

Ash
04-25-2016, 12:56 PM
Nope, I'm playing it on my Mac. It's basically a computer game version of crack or freebasing.

*cough*

He's winding you up. Now you have to pretend you knew all along.

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 01:02 PM
it works on a 'pooter?

Not *a* pooter, dear boy, a mac

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 01:03 PM
No, he's hiding his igorance under the pretence of faux ignorance.

Bit like me with ruggery and cricket posts

SWv2
04-25-2016, 01:10 PM
Back on the old GoT theme, I thought Jon Snow was the actor's name, not the character.

How I laughed.