PDA

View Full Version : I'd prefer 5th place to 4th imo

Pat Vegas
04-25-2016, 11:14 AM
If we finish 4th nothing will change at all. (maybe some departures)

Champions league is awful anyway.

Ash
04-25-2016, 11:16 AM

Yeah. Europa league is much better.

:-|

Rich
04-25-2016, 11:18 AM

I will respectfully disagree. Aubameyang and Xhaka are not going to come if we're not in the CL.

Pat Vegas
04-25-2016, 11:19 AM
The club needs a shake up.

abysmal.

Pat Vegas
04-25-2016, 11:21 AM
They are not coming anyway.

I had a feeling the squad was building nicely at the beginning of the season, But this is the poorest team I've seen in years. Which is weird as we do have talented players.

Rich
04-25-2016, 11:22 AM
The club needs a shake up.

abysmal.

I feel that you are being a little dramatic, Pat. Some minor changes in personnel over the summer required and bit of luck with injuries and we can field a team such as the below:

Cech
Berrelin Koscielney New Defender Monreal
Xhaka Cazorla/Wilshere
Ramsey Ozil Alexis
Mitroglu

Bench: Ox, Theo, Giroud, Coqulein, Elneney, Gabriel, Per, Cazorla/Wilshere, Iwobi etc

Pat Vegas
04-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Maybe Rich. I am not completely convinced Wenger is the man for the job however.

We've had injures we always do but the actual football part of the game is has been very very poor for a long time. Wenger always had pride on how we played the game.

Burney
04-25-2016, 11:29 AM
Maybe Rich. I am not completely convinced Wenger is the man for the job however.

We've had injures we always do but the actual football part of the game is has been very very poor for a long time. Wenger always had pride on how we played the game.

Look, anyone who says that it's deja vu all over again is talking ****.

We have found an entirely novel and amusing way to **** things up and finish fourth this season. wd AW imo. Ringing the changes. :hehe:

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 11:30 AM
:hehe: Fulham success, Mitroglu?

SWv2
I feel that you are being a little dramatic, Pat. Some minor changes in personnel over the summer required and bit of luck with injuries and we can field a team such as the below:

Cech
Xhaka Cazorla/Wilshere
Ramsey Ozil Alexis
Mitroglu

Bench: Ox, Theo, Giroud, Coqulein, Elneney, Gabriel, Per, Cazorla/Wilshere, Iwobi etc

Hold on, what about Aubameyang? You appear to have recruited him and dispensed with him in the space of 4 minutes.

Rich
:hehe: Fulham success, Mitroglu?

Well the internet advises me that this will be who our new striker is. Better than Giroud, anyway.

Billy Goat Sverige

Cech
Xhaka Cazorla/Wilshere
Ramsey Ozil Alexis
Mitroglu

Theo can **** off. Useless ****.

Rich
04-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Hold on, what about Aubameyang? You appear to have recruited him and dispensed with him in the space of 4 minutes.

My experience as an Arsenal fan during transfer windows has lead to me managing my expectations. Mitroglu seems to fit the bill in terms of fee/wages more than Aubameyang. We can't have it all.

Just Trent
04-25-2016, 11:33 AM
We've signed Ozil,Sanchez and Cech and haven't improved at all. Still battling to save 4th in the final few games. Our consistency is so great, that when Utd, City, Chelsea and Pool all fell away we still couldn't get in the top two. Another season just passing us by.

Rich
04-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Theo can **** off. Useless ****.

That means finding a buyer. Perhaps we can buy Lucas from PSG to replace him :cloud9:

SWv2
04-25-2016, 11:35 AM
My experience as an Arsenal fan during transfer windows has lead to me managing my expectations. Mitroglu seems to fit the bill in terms of fee/wages more than Aubameyang. We can't have it all.

You just latch onto whatever name you read in the newspaper or online equivalent thereof.

In essence and to summarise you are a fool, an idiot, a clown.

You should stick to cricket.

Rich
04-25-2016, 11:36 AM
You just latch onto whatever name you read in the newspaper or online equivalent thereof.

In essence and to summarise you are a fool, an idiot, a clown.

You should stick to cricket.

Who do you think we'll be signing, SW? Or perhaps I should ask who you would realistically like to sign to improve the team?

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 11:37 AM
You've not got the hang of this forum business, have you?

SWv2
04-25-2016, 11:43 AM
Who do you think we'll be signing, SW? Or perhaps I should ask who you would realistically like to sign to improve the team?

I am completely unsure who we will or should sign to be honest.

Xhaka I have only really ever watched once and he did little to sway an argument either way, on this basis and unlike you I will not be heralding his arrival as quite simply I know little about the chap so it would be wrong of me to do so.

There is reasonable grounds in my view and scope for strengthening right through the middle of the team as I have my doubts over both Mertesacker and Gabriel, I have no idea what semblance of midfield balance we are going to settle on though I have been encouraged by Elneny and I think we all more or less accept the need for a striker.

A top class striker?? Who and where to find one. I think again we will be at the mercy of other clubs and feed off their surplus as we did with both Ozil and Sanchez – one of whom will leave this summer.

Then again do you really let Wenger loose with €60m+ if for example he was to exiting the club in 12 months. Who knows.

I would sell a barrel load of the current ********s to finish.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-25-2016, 11:45 AM

We do need a bit of surgery on the squad. That is assuming that we do not lose the better players. Finishing 4th instead of 5th probably will be the difference between whether we get Harley Street surgery or sit on the waiting list for a junior doctor on the NHS. ;-)

PSRB
04-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Look, anyone who says that it's deja vu all over again is talking ****.

We have found an entirely novel and amusing way to **** things up and finish fourth this season. wd AW imo. Ringing the changes. :hehe:

Yep, we've gone from being title favourites to panicking over top 4 in the space of 4 months.........fingers crossed Leicester beat United or we really will need to beat City

7sisters
04-25-2016, 11:49 AM

Seriously though, How any of those players are actually good enough to turn around the clubs longer term fortunes and move into us towards being regarded as genuine title contenders, as opposed to chokers ? Cech, Bellerin, Kos, Cazorla, Iwobi, Alexis, Ozil would all be worthy of places next season... A few of the rest I'd hold back purely as squad players. ... :shrug:

Burney
04-25-2016, 11:50 AM
Yep, we've gone from being title favourites to panicking over top 4 in the space of 4 months.........fingers crossed Leicester beat United or we really will need to beat City

It is actually a pretty remarkable transformation when you look at it. It wasn't even a choke. We just sort of stopped. if it were a horse race, we'd just have pulled up. :hehe:

Anyway, all good fun. Come on Leicester and let's start again in August.

PSRB
04-25-2016, 11:52 AM
It is actually a pretty remarkable transformation when you look at it. It wasn't even a choke. We just sort of stopped. if it were a horse race, we'd just have pulled up. :hehe:

Anyway, all good fun. Come on Leicester and let's start again in August.

Amusingly we also have every 1st team player fit or at least back in full training........wonderful for the lads, all be nice and fit for their holidays

Viva Prat Vegas
04-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Santi will be fully fit after the Villa game.
He will make his return in the Lap Of Appreciation.
Jack Will shure pull a muscle walking round and miss pre-season.

SWv2
04-25-2016, 11:58 AM
The Lap Of Appreciation.

Gayer than mince.