PDA

View Full Version : I'm ten years cancer-free today, which is good, I suppose.

Burney
04-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Although I accept that others may disagree :-)

Sir C
04-25-2016, 09:43 AM

Congratulations, old boy. You should have a fag to celebrate.

Burney
04-25-2016, 09:46 AM
I did think that maybe I ought to do something to mark the occasion, but then thought it would be a bit over the top. I mean it's not like I had proper cancer or anything. I merely took the lightest of strokes from the cancer stick.

I'll probably just make do with having a Chinese and watching Game of Thrones, tbh. :shrug:

Sir C
04-25-2016, 09:47 AM
I did think that maybe I ought to do something to mark the occasion, but then thought it would be a bit over the top. I mean it's not like I had proper cancer or anything. I merely took the lightest of strokes from the cancer stick.

I'll probably just make do with having a Chinese and watching Game of Thrones, tbh. :shrug:

A chinese sounds rather excellent, although, were I you, I would be disinclined to order the prawn balls.

Burney
04-25-2016, 09:57 AM
A chinese sounds rather excellent, although, were I you, I would be disinclined to order the prawn balls.

Or just have the one, perhaps?

Rich
04-25-2016, 10:02 AM

Sink into the sofa with a good bottle of red and the cat(s). What more could a man want from a Monday evening?

Pokster
04-25-2016, 10:02 AM

Congratulations, you might have had the lighest brush with said stick but a light brush can soon turn into a complete ****ty stick

Burney
04-25-2016, 10:09 AM
Sink into the sofa with a good bottle of red and the cat(s). What more could a man want from a Monday evening?

The cat is still a mere kitten and has two modes: sound asleep and running around like a dangerous lunatic, bless him.

The bottle of red is a given.

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 10:10 AM

Lemmy, Prince, Bowie, Daniels IN YOUR ****ING FACE!!

Rich
04-25-2016, 10:11 AM
The cat is still a mere kitten and has two modes: sound asleep and running around like a dangerous lunatic, bless him.

The bottle of red is a given.

We've got two kittens at the moment. They're 12 weeks and behave in a manner that sounds very similar to yours. The boy escaped into the garden yesterday and took some time to retrieve :-|

Burney
04-25-2016, 10:13 AM
We've got two kittens at the moment. They're 12 weeks and behave in a manner that sounds very similar to yours. The boy escaped into the garden yesterday and took some time to retrieve :-|

Yes. Mine ventured into the garden while I was gardening yesterday. Then a bird started making its alarm call and he shat it and ran back inside. :hehe:

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 10:14 AM

But, like, congratulations and stuff, obviously

Burney
04-25-2016, 10:14 AM

:nod: this is very much how I'm choosing to look at it.

Burney
04-25-2016, 10:16 AM
But, like, congratulations and stuff, obviously

Yeah. Thanks. Not really sure 'congratulations' is quite right, though. I haven't actually done anything other than on a cellular level (i.e. the little ****ers haven't started madly sub-dividing in such as way as to try and kill me). I'm not really sure how much credit I can take for the whole thing. :-\

SWv2
04-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Well done.

Or perhaps well done to the various medical professionals who fixed you and got you back in the game.

I am not sure which is more approprate.

But well done anyway.

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Yeah. Thanks. Not really sure 'congratulations' is quite right, though. I haven't actually done anything other than on a cellular level (i.e. the little ****ers haven't started madly sub-dividing in such as way as to try and kill me). I'm not really sure how much credit I can take for the whole thing. :-\

It's quite liderally in your DNA

Burney
04-25-2016, 10:31 AM
Well done.

Or perhaps well done to the various medical professionals who fixed you and got you back in the game.

I am not sure which is more approprate.

But well done anyway.

Yes. That is their job, though, to be fair.

Burney
04-25-2016, 10:36 AM
Yes. That is their job, though, to be fair.

True. :-( btw, j, have you been popping on a frock and writing columns for the Guardian?

But for a few mentions of her being German, this could be one of yours :hehe:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/24/queen-pro-monarchism-politicians

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-25-2016, 10:40 AM

Congratulations. A good milestone to reach.

That Monty has a lot to answer for ;-)

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 11:04 AM
No, there are quite a few of us republicans. If I were you I'd get Princey Phillipos to murder Kate before Charles gets in, just to cement things up a bit.

Burney
04-25-2016, 11:27 AM
No, there are quite a few of us republicans.

:rubchin:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/09/08/monarchy-here-stay/

The Jorge
04-25-2016, 11:43 AM
:shyrepublicans:

Burney
04-25-2016, 11:47 AM
:shyrepublicans:

:hehe: Don't think so. To adapt the vegan joke: 'How do you know if someone's a republican?' 'He'll tell you.'

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Well if The gods of Cancer are anything as fickle and mischievous as their football counterparts you should keep schtum.

Sincere congratulations you baneful ****

Sir C
04-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Well if The gods of Cancer are anything as fickle and mischievous as their football counterparts you should keep schtum.

Sincere congratulations you baneful ****

Are you sure you mean 'baneful'? Wouldn't 'baleful' be more appropriate?

04-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Are you sure you mean 'baneful'? Wouldn't 'baleful' be more appropriate?

They're practically synonyms :shrug:

Sir C
04-25-2016, 12:28 PM
They're practically synonyms :shrug:

But 'baneful' carries the idea of destructive, whilst 'baleful' is more angry and threatening.

I definitely see b as more angry and threatening than destructive.

04-25-2016, 12:33 PM
But 'baneful' carries the idea of destructive, whilst 'baleful' is more angry and threatening.

I definitely see b as more angry and threatening than destructive.

Gosh C, I think you're probably right. B must think me terribly rude now.